tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Haven't started playing yet since i am sleepy (and a bit lazy right now to search:sleep:) so i ask: should i start from the begining? I noticed there on the changelog about old scenes being changed, hence why i ask.
Oh actually that's a good point; I also would like to know the answer

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
"T'That's NTR!!!"

The fuck, when will I learn to not play your game in the middle of the night, when laughing out loud make way too much noise ?
By the way, it's not her step-ladder, it's her landladder :p

All this being said, recreation , when you tell Katherine to bend, shouldn't the line be "Damn, do you ever comply ?" in place of "Damn, do you ever complain ?"

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
"T'That's NTR!!!"

The fuck, when will I learn to not play your game in the middle of the night, when laughing out loud make way too much noise ?
By the way, it's not her step-ladder, it's her landladder :p

All this being said, recreation , when you tell Katherine to bend, shouldn't the line be "Damn, do you ever comply ?" in place of "Damn, do you ever complain ?"
step-landladder ;)
The "complain" refers to her ass, as in "You have such a nice ass, do you ever complain about it?" it was meant to be female mc specific, but it looks like I forgot to add an extra line for the male mc^^

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
A bit of strangeness...

When Rachel asks if MC remembered Ellie's birthday. It seems this part uses real time date as MC stated it was Saturday 25 September so next day would be 26 then realizes it will be her birthday.

Odd part comes the day after party. Rachel says to let Ellie sleep in because it is Sunday, but the party was Sunday.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
only shame is about how my patato PC can't easily play the late game animations well. it keep skipping frames for me sadly. don't have too much issue with the early game animation though. but yea, i hope a 32 bit version can be made either by dev or fanbase.
Thanks, a 32bit version won't help with the frame skipping though, a compressed version will probably fix it for you.
Ah, a fellow potato computer user.

The problem is many of rec's new animations have extremely high video bit rates, which require lots of grunt to run smoothly. On lower spec machines which can't handle this, you start getting stutter/dropped frames.

To resolve this on my POS laptop I transcode any videos with bit rate >12Mb/s to a target bit rate of ~10Mb/s.

NB: .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can download the lower bit rate videos from (95.3 MB). To use: extract the archive, copy the game folder across, select replace files.

The quality of these transcoded videos looks fine to me, though others such as rec who are particularly sensitive to artifacts might notice the difference.

You'd probably get even better quality if this was run on the original videos spat out of Daz, rather than the converted webm videos available in game.

As an added benefit, lowering the bit rate also reduces the file size. For these videos, a reduction of 236.28 MB in total.

Attached is my video processing script, which employs ffmpeg two-pass transcoding. It's straightforward to adjust the parameters to your requirements. Takes a while to run though.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ah, a fellow potato computer user.

The problem is many of rec's new animations have extremely high video bit rates, which require lots of grunt to run smoothly. On lower spec machines which can't handle this, you start getting stutter/dropped frames.

To resolve this on my POS laptop I transcode any videos with bit rate >12Mb/s to a target bit rate of ~10Mb/s.

NB: .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can download the lower bit rate videos from Mega (95.3 MB). To use: extract the archive, copy the game folder across, select replace files.

The quality of these transcoded videos looks fine to me, though others such as rec who are particularly sensitive to artifacts might notice the difference.

You'd probably get even better quality if this was run on the original videos spat out of Daz, rather than the converted webm videos available in game.

As an added benefit, lowering the bit rate also reduces the file size. For these videos, a reduction of 236.28 MB in total.

Attached is my video processing script, which employs ffmpeg two-pass transcoding. It's straightforward to adjust the parameters to your requirements. Takes a while to run though.
Oof, the J and M files are a little insane, I didn't notice that lol.
The main reason for using higher bitrate (and a bit depth of 10) was the darker scenes which had clearly visible stairs and artefacts all over the place. I played with the values until I was happy and saved it as preset to use for every other animation^^
As a little side note, the list you posted is for youtube uploads, they're far from optimal since they prioritize fast streaming over image quality.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That is completely unhelpful. You basically just said, restart if you want to see the changes, when we were asking are the changes worth restarting.
I can't judge that for you, it's not much for this update, but I've made several changes over the past few updates that range from just a few new renders, to new interactions. There's no new scene, it's still basically all the same, but with additions, better dialogue, longer scenes, more fleshed out, etc.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I can't judge that for you, it's not much for this update, but I've made several changes over the past few updates that range from just a few new renders, to new interactions. There's no new scene, it's still basically all the same, but with additions, better dialogue, longer scenes, more fleshed out, etc.
ok, fair.

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes