Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 3, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.8.5)
(AKA the "Better Late Than Never" Edition)
View attachment 2682277 View attachment 2682278 View attachment 2682279 View attachment 2682280
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ (which is inside a spoiler in the OP) are updated accordingly.

Changelog (sorta):
  • Updated to the latest VN version
  • Updated to the latest Core v7b
  • Recoded many "new" features of the base VN.
  • Got the VN's new "Dialogue Text Color" picker to actually work and made it more aesthetical.
  • Fixed every single thing I could find in the wonky UI and VN's dialogue text formatting.
  • Altered more on text/dialogue/UI details than I ever want to do again.
  • Completely recoded SanchoGallery so that it didn't unlock the VN's gallery scenes.
  • Added the Core's autosave system.
  • Added the MiniStat's expandable category toggles.
  • Insured the MiniStat was choreographed properly.
  • Added the mod's missing gallery and cheevo notifications.
  • More stuff that I don't even want to get into at the moment. Have at it.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Thank you, I always like your work.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you, I always like your work.
"Try it before you buy it" meaning I've done my best in the days this has taken to try to get up to standards I'm satisfied with... but you can likely tell from my posts that I know this is not my best work. I feel I've simply put a ton of bandaids on a shotgun wound until I figure out an efficient way to get this truly proper. It won't (it better not) break but I place very high standards on myself... and I'm not sure I met them in this particular case.

Some of these VN's are just brutal on me tbh. If you folks use the mod and don't notice any issues or anomalies I'll be flabbergasted. If the dev hadn't already hooked in other extensive Python base code (that the VN relies on to function) I would have simply stripped the entire foundation this house is built on and started from scratch... it'd take less time and effort.

But that's me likely sounding like a whiny bitch so I'll just shutup and grab another refill. I hope you folks are okay with the product but I'm on the fence at the moment.

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
I just updated and played 0.8.5 with the mod; worked perfectly and the menus look and work okay. (Assuming this was basically a one scene update from 0.8.1, the kitchen scene.)

AIas0819

Oct 6, 2017
Quick question. Any tips to make the game run via- Joiplay? If I dont include the mod. The game runs just fine. TIA

Reactions: GoDfLesH

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick question. Any tips to make the game run via- Joiplay? If I dont include the mod. The game runs just fine. TIA
Same question...
I haven't finished coding the Core v7 and there's API's and functions that are simply not compatible (in any current SanchoMod regardless of VN). I won't have time to sort those issues until after I finish the Core for this run... and with all the VN updates that have been dropping I've barely been able to keep up with just updating those. I'll get to it at some point otherwise shouldn't have any API issues with win/mac/linux (hopefully).

AIas0819

Oct 6, 2017
I haven't finished coding the Core v7 and there's API's and functions that are simply not compatible (in any current SanchoMod regardless of VN). I won't have time to sort those issues until after I finish the Core for this run... and with all the VN updates that have been dropping I've barely been able to keep up with just updating those. I'll get to it at some point otherwise shouldn't have any API issues with win/mac/linux (hopefully).
Thank you so much

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
hmm. The in gallery alot of the scenes are lesbian scenes in teh gallery? How do you choose what gender you want to be?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hmm. The in gallery alot of the scenes are lesbian scenes in teh gallery? How do you choose what gender you want to be?
.... okay, you got me scratching my head here (seriously). At the beginning of almost every scene it specifically asks whether the protag is to be Male or Female.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, one scene, but went through with no problems from the mod. If I knew it was going to go that fast, I would have moved it to the top, but either way, thank you so very much for your work on this mod!!!

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
.... okay, you got me scratching my head here (seriously). At the beginning of almost every scene it specifically asks whether the protag is to be Male or Female.
I thought so too but it doesn't. Maybe i need to reinstall or something.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. It goes by your ingame save. However, there is an issue, bro.

View attachment 2687910

But in the scene replay:

View attachment 2687913
Some time ago (after the dev completely changed the protag vars, I think it was v0.8beta or so) I removed the ability to change the protag gender names in the gallery until I knew the dev was finally settled on the variable name. Until I place the feature back in the Player MUST have started a new playthrough far enough at the "hotel room checkin" scene to set the name for the specific gender. In other words, to have a name set for "Female" (for example), start a new playthrough and skip ahead until the name can be input in-game. Once you set that you can exit the playthrough and the name will carry over to SanchoGallery.

I know this is not convenient but who on Earth changes variable names once a VN has already started production? There was no conflict being resolved by the change at all.

That's the skinny to date.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Some time ago (after the dev completely changed the protag vars, I think it was v0.8beta or so) I removed the ability to change the protag gender names in the gallery until I knew the dev was finally settled on the variable name. Until I place the feature back in the Player MUST have started a new playthrough far enough at the "hotel room checkin" scene to set the name for the specific gender. In other words, to have a name set for "Female" (for example), start a new playthrough and skip ahead until the name can be input in-game. Once you set that you can exit the playthrough and the name will carry over to SanchoGallery.

I know this is not convenient but who on Earth changes variable names once a VN has already started production? There was no conflict being resolved by the change at all.

That's the skinny to date.
I did a restart. Because I forgot everything I did previous. My last save was from the drunken bj back in 2021. It didn't work. lol

Edit:
I'll restart again.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yay! It's finally done... and that earns me tonight's first adult beverage or I'll have nightmares of recoding UI script for certain. :ROFLMAO:

All BS aside let me know what you think... but before you're too harsh on me play or look at the VN unmodded first so you know what it was like before hand. That's a fair.
That reminds me of when I was programming a video game of mine late into the night and I had problems I just couldn't figure out. Went to sleep, practically dreamed about it and when I woke up, I had the answer to my problems! LOL... rushed into my computer room first thing and coded that sucker while it was fresh in my mind.

I learned that we think better AFTER some rest. A sleepy head is not very good for resolving problems. :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That reminds me of when I was programming a video game of mine late into the night and I had problems I just couldn't figure out. Went to sleep, practically dreamed about it and when I woke up, I had the answer to my problems! LOL... rushed into my computer room first thing and coded that sucker while it was fresh in my mind.

I learned that we think better AFTER some rest. A sleepy head is not very good for resolving problems. :)
Indeed tunnel vision of one's solving process is the most of evil inefficiencies and maddening circumstances. In this VN's particular case I don't have that problem, it's rather the time and effort it takes to completely rewrite the UI code over and over again. Me being honest it's the bulk of the time I spend on every new VN I port, but once the foundation is done I don't generally intend to have to revisit it as deeply as this VN has run me through it's ringer. It is what it is though... I haven't raised the proverbial white flag just yet. Third time's likely the charm though... we'll see what happens from here.

Regards my friend.

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes