Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Matu93

Feb 8, 2021
Hello, I also have a question about the abbreviations: What does the Fe behind Ellie's name stand for. Fear?

Reactions: Soulbleed

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
possibly a stupid question but what does Rachel Ob mean ? (the Ob part)
Please see post here for L, Lo, Ob. Regarding Fe the dev hasn't clarified anything but note it doesn't start at zero and work up like most variables. Due to that we can only assume outside the box. Feral was my initial intuition, but again, none of them are technically confirmed (although Obedience is damn-near a given for Ob). Regards and I hope you enjoy the mod (and it's GUI aesthetic).

Last edited:

NyhtCat

Mar 20, 2018
Sancho1969 another great job you have done here. I only have a single issue and it is starting a new game you do not give the option for naming the MC and by default for a male it is giving me "You" and "Doe". Am I just missing the area I can change the MC name or was this removed on purpose?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 another great job you have done here. I only have a single issue and it is starting a new game you do not give the option for naming the MC and by default for a male it is giving me "You" and "Doe". Am I just missing the area I can change the MC name or was this removed on purpose?
Good morning. I'm going to need more info as I'm traveling, "borrowed" a friend's laptop (who wouldn't know a VN fro VD), downloaded the game, downloaded the mod, fired it up and at this scene (MC takes a cab to town, walks to hotel):

1637932983086.png 1637932933417.png

BTW, default name is "John" (dev's default).

NyhtCat

Mar 20, 2018
Good morning. I'm going to need more info as I'm traveling, "borrowed" a friend's laptop (who wouldn't know a VN fro VD), downloaded the game, downloaded the mod, fired it up and at this scene (MC takes a cab to town, walks to hotel):

BTW, default name is "John" (dev's default).
Well crap teach me to do more than just get out of the cab. Thanks Sancho1969!!!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well crap teach me to do more than just get out of the cab. Thanks Sancho1969!!!
It's all good. If not for me doing this exercise I wouldn't have noticed that, while the textbox opacity adjustment works as intended, the input screen (where you type your preferred name) ignores it. I have made note and will add it to the other minor/small tweaks to fix. Regards and enjoy.

matt767

May 3, 2020
It requires OpenGL Win API. One of my friends who's tested the core has no issue on Arch so there's the only hope I can truly offer. The file naming convention and folder structure is also imperative so don't discount that either.
works with Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 in my case)

matt767

May 3, 2020
Very good Mod.

Thanks for doing this. I guess it is a food way to start to learn Ren'py and Python. Thinking of looking myself. I am a Java and C++ developer amongst others but do not really have python and graphic rendering experience, would like to learn though.

Do not understand some of the abbreviations though.

In brackets after girls name what does it mean?

i.e. (fe), (Ob), (L), (Lo)?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
works with Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 in my case)
Indeed, it was geared to work with Ubuntu so you can use any of my mods with it currently. Mobile is the real issue. I work with one porter and we had to cut many of the features to get it to even load up....but tbh I don't write for mobile use as that's not my personal preference on how to experience content. If I was a commercial or a monetary-whore I would resolve that but I personally have zero interest in it. Linux and OSX shouldn't have any issues though. Kind regards and I hope you enjoy the mod.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Very good Mod.

Thanks for doing this. I guess it is a food way to start to learn Ren'py and Python. Thinking of looking myself. I am a Java and C++ developer amongst others but do not really have python and graphic rendering experience, would like to learn though.

Do not understand some of the abbreviations though.

In brackets after girls name what does it mean?

i.e. (fe), (Ob), (L), (Lo)?
Thank you for the compliment, sincerely. Regarding the acronyms, nothing is truly concrete (hence why I did it that way). See posts here and above.

lunadomi

Apr 10, 2019
hi man thanks for the mod , its really awesome , i have made a little discovery and i didnt known if you known about this , when you quit the house on weekend to see maggy from the rental company , you said visit both ellie room and rachel room but if you look on the boxes behind the desk between bathroom and ellie's room , you have a new option , say look closer after you have a second choise say keep going and you found a new document about the paternity test , i have made pics for you and i m sorry for my english , its not my native language

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hi man thanks for the mod , its really awesome , i have made a little discovery and i didnt known if you known about this , when you quit the house on weekend to see maggy from the rental company , you said visit both ellie room and rachel room but if you look on the boxes behind the desk between bathroom and ellie's room , you have a new option , say look closer after you have a second choise say keep going and you found a new document about the paternity test , i have made pics for you and i m sorry for my english , its not my native language
Good afternoon. Thank you for your input. I'll certainly take a look the next time I have the project open. Sincerely appreciate you looking out. Regards.

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
I keep getting an error message whenever I try to load an old save and start a new game.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I keep getting an error message whenever I try to load an old save and start a new game.
I cannot diagnose from a screenshot of a partial traceback. Please, edit your post above this, delete the pic (it's not needed) and attach the "traceback.txt" file to the post. Please attach it via "Attach files" at bottom-left of post edit screen and do not copy/paste the actual text into the post. The "traceback.txt" file can be found inside the main VN's folder where the executable is that you double-click to start the VN. Regards.

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
I cannot diagnose from a screenshot of a partial traceback. Please, edit your post above this, delete the pic (it's not needed) and attach the "traceback.txt" file to the post. Please attach it via "Attach files" at bottom-left of post edit screen and do not copy/paste the actual text into the post. The "traceback.txt" file can be found inside the main VN's folder where the executable is that you double-click to start the VN. Regards.
Fixed.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, right off the bat I'd say install in a fresh/clean copy of the VN. Either you or wherever you got the DL of the VN from got cute as the dev compiled in RenPy 7.4.6 and your traceback states it's running 7.4.8. I can't and don't support installing the mod in an already modified base VN.
Code:
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Bad Memories 0.7.1
Mon Jan  3 05:10:41 2022

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. For those familiar with the more recent releases of SanchoMod there are many new features and quality of life improvements that have been introduced since this release (all of them base from my personal BaDIK mod which I use a my playground). These include the expansion of the Options choices, dynamic ChoiceGuide, isolated notifications, split routes, upgraded MiniStat screen, etc. I plan on starting to port many of these current features into this mod and will hopefully have it semi-complete before a new VN update arrives (whenever that is). If I can get it done sooner I will push it out here for early release so you BM fans can tinker around with it.

I am going to completely rewrite the "freeroam" type events, the SanchoGallery, and convert the ChoiceGuide to be dynamic first as this will take the most hours to complete and polish. I'm tagging lunadomi here so I don't forget to review some items I seem to have missed that was brought to my attention. Anyway thought I'd drop a progress update of sorts to keep folks informed.

Regards and have a great weekend.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The dev didn't and doesn't explain the acronyms, so it is what it is tbh.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes