• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK folks, I have the new base VN ported over. I now have to insure integrity of the GUI, populate the dynamic ChoiceGuide, and code my normal update tweaks. It's very late here so now that it's ported stable it's a good point for me to get some rest and I'll wake up early and continue the full port. Thank you for your patience but I had no idea this VN would be updated so late in the day.... there's only so many hours and I've put in 16 today. That's enough, time to rest. Regards.
That's fine, because of how late they did update it, it is now part of tomorrow's first batch of downloads, so I won't even be doing anything past downloading it until after I pick up dinner tomorrow. So, rest well, and we'll see tomorrow what's what. ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. The coffee's brewing and I'm up and at 'em. I'm going to start by insuring the latest GUI tweaks are hooked correctly in the VN and double-check the SanchoGallery. That should have the GUI done. After that I'll start coding the new content ChoiceGuide. Those are the basic hurdles since I took a couple days last week to update the mod's core code to my latest v6a2 so I'm going to fold in v6a3's code first and foremost. v6a3 add the menu choice opacity adjustment you may have seen in my very latest mod updates as well as some other minor adjustments.

Enough of me yammering on. Let me get that cup of coffee and get to banging out some code. I'll keep y'all posted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since at least one of the new even choices has unknown consequences (if any), I'll flag those areas as needed to inform the player that creating a save point might be prudent. These notifications (top-left) are tied to the ChoiceGuide toggle. In other words they don't appear if the ChoiceGUide is OFF and automatically appear in discrete moments if the ChoiceGuide is ON:
1654092939173.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Note before I forget (I'll put this somewhere else whenever released too so folks don't freak out):

When loading saves made previous to using mod Core v6 (don't freak out, it's minor...) you may notice that during dialogue that the MC makes while "thinking" that the dialogue is not where it should be on the screen. I'm looking into automatically sorting this for you but all that really needs to be done is going into SanchoOptions and toggle the Sancho dialogue box On/Off. This resets the dialogue you see on screen and you won't have to do it again unless you re-load another save made prior to v6.

Once a save is made with v6 then you will not see the issue arise.

The reason why this happens: I changed the way the OEM/Sancho dialogue box functions to make it more fluid. Because of this the italic thinking script isn't following the init rules I place like all the other dialogue. This is indeed an odd issue but very minor and only an inconvenience once. Once the style is set then it's all sorted and RenPy handles it from there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Note before I forget (I'll put this somewhere else whenever released too so folks don't freak out):

When loading saves made previous to using mod Core v6 (don't freak out, it's minor...) you may notice that during dialogue that the MC makes while "thinking" that the dialogue is not where it should be on the screen. I'm looking into automatically sorting this for you but all that really needs to be done is going into SanchoOptions and toggle the Sancho dialogue box On/Off. This resets the dialogue you see on screen and you won't have to do it again unless you re-load another save made prior to v6.

Once a save is made with v6 then you will not see the issue arise.

The reason why this happens: I changed the way the OEM/Sancho dialogue box functions to make it more fluid. Because of this the italic thinking script isn't following the init rules I place like all the other dialogue. This is indeed an odd issue but very minor and only an inconvenience once. Once the style is set then it's all sorted and RenPy handles it from there.
OK, scratch all of the above post. I think that's sorted (what a bitch to code, wow). The dev used a completely different dialogue location for the "thinking" parts than all the other dialogue which is very odd but whatever. Now that it's discovered I replicated and negated as needed for the Sancho dialogue box / OEM dialogue box toggle to work as I intended.

Sorry for the delays but you know I want my stuff bulletproof. I'm moving forward in the testing. If I don't find anything else serious I'll compile it, grab a quick lunch, then test those compiles on 2 or 3 virgin testing systems. If that passes I upload the links and we're done.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
OK, scratch all of the above post. I think that's sorted (what a bitch to code, wow). The dev used a completely different dialogue location for the "thinking" parts than all the other dialogue which is very odd but whatever. Now that it's discovered I replicated and negated as needed for the Sancho dialogue box / OEM dialogue box toggle to work as I intended.

Sorry for the delays but you know I want my stuff bulletproof. I'm moving forward in the testing. If I don't find anything else serious I'll compile it, grab a quick lunch, then test those compiles on 2 or 3 virgin testing systems. If that passes I upload the links and we're done.
bulletproof.gif

mistercoon

Jan 6, 2018

No reason to apologize, on the contrary we have you to thank for your great work

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Links in OP are updated.
Go get you some.
Enjoy.

I corrected all the minor dev bugs I found, including the misnamed image which is included in the mod. Let me know if something is borked as I didn't take as much time as normal to fully test it all. Regards.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Question... What is DevCon (Top left corner of the options window of the mod), and what does it do if enabled? I tried searching the form, but no info comes up.
And what does this choice mean... Ellie -1 fe ? (It would be nice to have some kind of legend available explaining the full names, instead seeing initials. )
(Image attached)

Also thanks for this great mod, its a great help.

screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Question... What is DevCon (Top left corner of the options window of the mod), and what does it do if enabled? I tried searching the form, but no info comes up.

Also thanks for this mod.
That's there for me. I can do some tweaks as needed for minor issues without deploying an IDE. What I use it most for is when I'm tweaking the final mod version on a test system I can click that button and auto-reload the VN when I save changes. It's just a convenience tbh. I have other tools embedded that are only deployed when inside the IDE but those aren't visible in the "retail" mod when it's loaded without the my key.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do i get to cheats button / activate ?
If cheats where coded for the product (in this case they aren't as I can't think of anything anyone would want to change yet) it's located via the SanchoOptions. Note the "Cheats" button in the upper-right corner. See the OP's teaser pics, second row, first pic for a graphical representation of where the button is located.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shit, I'm so tired I thought I was posting in here but was in the VN's thread. Look folks I'm already starting a port of another VN that dropped its update a few hours back so this 2 gb "fix" will have to wait a bit. I need some sleep anyway or I'll start making mistakes and that won't do. I appreciate your understanding in advance. I *think* the only bug I missed of those listed in the VN's OP is the Kat/Jada deal where Kat's scene does something odd if your not on Jada's path. You folks in a different timezone might get additional info while I'm crashed and if you'd like to share it in here it might be useful for others.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes