Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And what does this choice mean... Ellie -1 fe ? (It would be nice to have some kind of legend available explaining the full names, instead seeing initials. )
(Image attached)
Also thanks for this great mod, its a great help.
I forgot to answer you on this question. Please see post here in this thread for answer (as best we currently know). Until we know definitively I can't assume in the mod with relp descriptions that may prove incorrect. Folks use SanchoMod for it's accuracy knowing I don't assume anything but only go by the actual code. I'm not saying this derogatorily, I'm just trying to be clear as to why those relp choices aren't as descriptive as they normally would be in my mods. Regards.

lunadomi

Apr 10, 2019
2Gb for a simple fix patch? Damnit, I just finished modding it. Ugh, killing me. Other VN's are dropping updates too...

I think the only thing I didn't catch was the Katherine/Jada deal.
hi man, i have replay the full game with your "outdated" mod and its work perfectlly , i think you dont need to update the mod for the moment

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hi man, i have replay the full game with your "outdated" mod and its work perfectlly , i think you dont need to update the mod for the moment
Well, if you apply the mod to v0.7.6 then you are basically playing v0.7.5 due to the script file inside the mod. So, to be clear, if you mod v0.7.6 with mod v0.7.5 you result in v0.7.5

Reactions: Ozzfest

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
screenshot0001.png
Sad puppy over here that you don't support Mac. Everything works except the one thing you'd want from a WT mod ... the choice effects.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 1845864
Sad puppy over here that you don't support Mac. Everything works except the one thing you'd want from a WT mod ... the choice effects.
Wait. That seems... impossible for lack of a better word (you'll excuse me as I'm a tad hungover at the moment). If you can run the VN with the mod then all the mod's features will work... it's not selective. Insure that "ChoiceGuide" is enabled in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions (the toggle is synchronized so you can always use either to select/deselect options). Let me know.

Also, apologies for the late reply but I don't get notified of random posts. Either ping me or reply to a post I've made so I get pinged (notified) and I'll usually be able to respond much faster.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Wait. That seems... impossible for lack of a better word (you'll excuse me as I'm a tad hungover at the moment). If you can run the VN with the mod then all the mod's features will work... it's not selective. Insure that "ChoiceGuide" is enabled in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions (the toggle is synchronized so you can always use either to select/deselect options). Let me know.

Also, apologies for the late reply but I don't get notified of random posts. Either ping me or reply to a post I've made so I get pinged (notified) and I'll usually be able to respond much faster.
Sancho1969 Everything is on – not that easy sorry to say. This is a steam version of the game, nothing else of note comes to mind.

ED: oh I see on pg 2 there is some conversation about a working mac version. So should this work now on every platform?
Näyttökuva 2022-6-3 kello 6.26.15.png

Last edited:

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Sancho1969 Everything is on – not that easy sorry to say. This is a steam version of the game, nothing else of note comes to mind.

ED: oh I see on pg 2 there is some conversation about a working mac version. So should this work now on every platform?
View attachment 1847038
Sancho1969 I reinstalled it, not combining the folders with alt+drag and now it works! It didn't overwrite every file it should've, since 0.7.6 had newer files than the mod – such an obvious mistake. Sorry to ruin a good hangover :p

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 I reinstalled it, not combining the folders with alt+drag and now it works! It didn't overwrite every file it should've, since 0.7.6 had newer files than the mod – such an obvious mistake. Sorry to ruin a good hangover :p
lmao, well done. I knew that just one feature missing wasn't possible, I should have thought about the dialogue scripts. Glad you got it sorted bud. Please enjoy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Coaxmetal

lunadomi

Apr 10, 2019
Well, if you apply the mod to v0.7.6 then you are basically playing v0.7.5 due to the script file inside the mod. So, to be clear, if you mod v0.7.6 with mod v0.7.5 you result in v0.7.5
you right , i m sorry , i have just tried to help you , sorry again

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hmmmm, didn't realize until now about this, maybe because didn't run into any bugs here, maybe playing female might have been bug free, or this mod fixed the bugs, but in any event, was stopping by to say was all clear sailing for me, and thank you for this mod.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hmmmm, didn't realize until now about this, maybe because didn't run into any bugs here, maybe playing female might have been bug free, or this mod fixed the bugs, but in any event, was stopping by to say was all clear sailing for me, and thank you for this mod.
Afaik there was a bug with the Katherine-Jada event/deal.
I didn't run into any kind of trouble on the femMC path, there was just an ignorable exception Error in the latest release on the maleMC path, when Katherine enters the house.

Reactions: JenMistress
Jul 17, 2020
is there a variable index/legend? like i see a choice that says (Rachel Ob +1) yet i have no clue what Ob stands for?

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
is there a variable index/legend? like i see a choice that says (Rachel Ob +1) yet i have no clue what Ob stands for?
(Lo) is assumed love, (L) is also assumed love but I didn't want to spell out either since it's not 100% from the dev yet. (Ob) is not obsession though, it is obedience. Regards.
There you go.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Afaik there was a bug with the Katherine-Jada event/deal.
I didn't run into any kind of trouble on the femMC path, there was just an ignorable exception Error in the latest release on the maleMC path, when Katherine enters the house.

Ah, that explains it. Being a lesbian myself, I have been playing it on the femMC this whole time, it just fits me better, ;) which is why I didn't run into it. Thank you for explaining where it was.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Relp Stat Descriptions ( Fe, Ob, Lo, L )

I understand that the descriptions you see for relationship points in the mod are confusing some folks, so let's nip this in the bud. You see, those are the dev's variable names exactly and since it's never made clear exactly (to date with 100% confidence) what they are referring to it's left up to debate. I've always prided SanchoMod to be unbiased and accurate as that's obviously the source of user trust and credibility in the product. I can't risk jeopardizing that by making assumptions without noting in the mod that they are assumptions/opinions. This is why I created the "SanchoNote" tag you see in some menu choices. It's a place for me to either elaborate or give you my thoughts if something isn't clear. With Relp stats I'm still on the fence how to handle unknowns but tbh this is the only title where it's an issue.

With those prerequisites out of the way here's what I think they mean until proven otherwise

From my previous posts:
(Lo) is assumed love, (L) is also assumed love but I didn't want to spell out either since it's not 100% from the dev yet. (Ob) is not obsession though, it is obedience. Regards.
Please see post here for L, Lo, Ob. Regarding Fe the dev hasn't clarified anything but note it doesn't start at zero and work up like most variables. Due to that we can only assume outside the box. Feral was my initial intuition, but again, none of them are technically confirmed (although Obedience is damn-near a given for Ob). Regards and I hope you enjoy the mod (and it's GUI aesthetic).
To summarize:
  • Lo is likely "Love". Nothing else makes any sense to me.
  • L is either "Love" or "Lust". I'm leaning toward lust since why would the dev leave out the "o" otherwise? Coin toss.
  • Ob is likely "Obedience" as nothing else makes any sense to me. "Obsession" is out due to context imho.
  • Fe - the odd duck. This is the one stat you actually start with initial points and it decreases in value instead of increases. If we had a third or fourth letter then we'd likely have figured it out but currently it's a head scratcher for me. I like to think "Feral" but mostly because of my sense of humor.
That's it. Debate and discuss as you wish. That's the most info I currently have and those are my current opinions regarding them. Regards.

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
FE - Could be meaning (Fealty is defined as something owed to a very powerful person by someone who is loyal to or protected by someone.) very unlikely imo

or

is the expression for a socially akward, gender confused, vaping, gay ginger :LOL: i mean, could be...

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
SanchoMod Relp Stat Descriptions ( Fe, Ob, Lo, L )

I understand that the descriptions you see for relationship points in the mod are confusing some folks, so let's nip this in the bud. You see, those are the dev's variable names exactly and since it's never made clear exactly (to date with 100% confidence) what they are referring to it's left up to debate. I've always prided SanchoMod to be unbiased and accurate as that's obviously the source of user trust and credibility in the product. I can't risk jeopardizing that by making assumptions without noting in the mod that they are assumptions/opinions. This is why I created the "SanchoNote" tag you see in some menu choices. It's a place for me to either elaborate or give you my thoughts if something isn't clear. With Relp stats I'm still on the fence how to handle unknowns but tbh this is the only title where it's an issue.

With those prerequisites out of the way here's what I think they mean until proven otherwise

From my previous posts:

To summarize:

• Lo is likely "Love". Nothing else makes any sense to me.
  • L is either "Love" or "Lust". I'm leaning toward lust since why would the dev leave out the "o" otherwise? Coin toss.
  • Ob is likely "Obedience" as nothing else makes any sense to me. "Obsession" is out due to context imho.
  • Fe - the odd duck. This is the one stat you actually start with initial points and it decreases in value instead of increases. If we had a third or fourth letter then we'd likely have figured it out but currently it's a head scratcher for me. I like to think "Feral" but mostly because of my sense of humor.
That's it. Debate and discuss as you wish. That's the most info I currently have and those are my current opinions regarding them. Regards.
Fe could be Feral, but I'd been assuming it was Fear since starting the game. I honestly think Feral makes more sense, though.
I am fairly confident Lo and L are both Love. My reasoning: because the variables in question are all three letters: mob, jlo, efe, hlo, stl, with the first letter in each variable (except stl) based on the define for that character's name: m=[name_m], so mob = [name_m] Obedience. e=Ellie, so efe=Ellie [Feral|Fear]. h=Hanna, so hlo = Hanna Love. j=Jada, so jlo = Jada Love. With stl being the odd one out, that's because the define 'st' is for Steph, the only one of the five variable characters with a two-letter define instead of one, so stl = Steph Love.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
FE - Could be meaning (Fealty is defined as something owed to a very powerful person by someone who is loyal to or protected by someone.) very unlikely imo
Definitely unlikely, since the variable starts higher, and 'good' choices lower it. Thus Feral or Fear.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes