Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BrandonSuns

Aug 16, 2020
hey just to let you know i already play the 0.7.6 with your current mod and it work perfectly and i love all of your mod.
Can we take this as confirmation that adding the current SanchoMod to v0.7.6 of the game doesn't offer any issues?
Sorry if I'm asking a silly or unnecessary question, I just wanna be perfectly sure before I add it.
Thank you in advance and cheers!

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Can we take this as confirmation that adding the current SanchoMod to v0.7.6 of the game doesn't offer any issues?
Sorry if I'm asking a silly or unnecessary question, I just wanna be perfectly sure before I add it.
Thank you in advance and cheers!
The only issue is that it will reintroduce the 0.7.5 bug that 0.7.6 fixed, which AFAIK only affects maleMC not on Jada path in a particular Katherine scene, so if that doesn't match your playthrough, it should be fine.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I have a problem when placing the mod I start the game but I hover the cursor over the word sanchomod and the game closes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have a problem when placing the mod I start the game but I hover the cursor over the word sanchomod and the game closes.
The bottom-right of the menus: does it say "SanchoMod NOT Installed Correctly"? Dollars to donuts it does.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
I don't know if your aware of it, or if this is an issue limited to me. But the 'save description' option keeps turning itself back on and it's driving me a little bit nuts.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if your aware of it, or if this is an issue limited to me. But the 'save description' option keeps turning itself back on and it's driving me a little bit nuts.
Good evening,

OK, a couple things you may not be aware of that will assist. Turning the feature Off is only saved when you save a game with it Off. If you don't do anything else after restarting the VN later and load that exact save file it will still be "Off" BUT if you start a new game it will be "On" by default. It will also turn "On" if you press "Reset Defaults" or "Sancho's Preferred".

So, you really only have to turn it off, save the game(s). Knowing how "Reset Defaults" and/or "Sancho's Preferred" might be what was getting you. Also that when the VN starts it's On by default regardless (it's not persistent).

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Good evening,

OK, a couple things you may not be aware of that will assist. Turning the feature Off is only saved when you save a game with it Off. If you don't do anything else after restarting the VN later and load that exact save file it will still be "Off" BUT if you start a new game it will be "On" by default. It will also turn "On" if you press "Reset Defaults" or "Sancho's Preferred".

So, you really only have to turn it off, save the game(s). Knowing how "Reset Defaults" and/or "Sancho's Preferred" might be what was getting you. Also that when the VN starts it's On by default regardless (it's not persistent).
When it was happening I was making a point to go back into the mod menu to turn it off before I saved again specifically to check that. Either way it's annoying, basically adds three extra steps half the time I want to save because I have to go back out open the mod menu, turn it off again and then go and save.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When it was happening I was making a point to go back into the mod menu to turn it off before I saved again specifically to check that. Either way it's annoying, basically adds three extra steps half the time I want to save because I have to go back out open the mod menu, turn it off again and then go and save.
While you're in the game and you turn it Off it will not turn itself back On unless:
  • You exit to the Main Menu
  • You select "Reset Defaults"
  • You select "Sancho's Preferred"
  • You physically turn it back on
If you exit the game completely then restart the game, if you load a save that had it Off it will remain off until one of the above occurs. If you are not loading a previous save where it was Off after restarting the VN then yes, you have to turn it Off as it's On by default when the VN is started.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
While you're in the game and you turn it Off it will not turn itself back On unless:
  • You exit to the Main Menu
  • You select "Reset Defaults"
  • You select "Sancho's Preferred"
  • You physically turn it back on
If you exit the game completely then restart the game, if you load a save that had it Off it will remain off until one of the above occurs. If you are not loading a previous save where it was Off after restarting the VN then yes, you have to turn it Off as it's On by default when the VN is started.
Well. I don't know what to tell you. I haven't done any of that but I have had to turn it back on about 6 times. I'm not asking for a fix or anything, just letting you know that it was a problem for me. Maybe it's my computer, I dunno.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well. I don't know what to tell you. I haven't done any of that but I have had to turn it back on about 6 times. I'm not asking for a fix or anything, just letting you know that it was a problem for me. Maybe it's my computer, I dunno.
I'll consider making it persistent. I get it. Most folks want it On so it wasn't ever a problem but I see your side and will try to find a better way since I'm not a fan of making persistent variables but in this case it might be mandatory. I know it's an odd view but I've always done my best to not write anything to the player's system without their explicit consent. It's an odd stance but I built the mod's Core around it. I do certainly appreciate your feedback and will do my best to resolve that inconvenience.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
I'll consider making it persistent. I get it. Most folks want it On so it wasn't ever a problem but I see your side and will try to find a better way since I'm not a fan of making persistent variables but in this case it might be mandatory. I know it's an odd view but I've always done my best to not write anything to the player's system without their explicit consent. It's an odd stance but I built the mod's Core around it. I do certainly appreciate your feedback and will do my best to resolve that inconvenience.
Fair enough, my view probably has a skewed scope anyway. I only really want this for the walkthrough, everything else is just...there, and in the case of the save description, in the way. But I'm coming to realise that I'm in the minority when it comes to save descriptions because of how prevalent it's becoming. Just adds extra steps for me though, mostly because I'm not always playing directly in front of the keyboard.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes