jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello !

I've just finished one of the scenes for the upcoming update, and thought "this might be a good time for a news post", so here goes...
One thing I want to make clear right from the start: I still don't know when the update will be done, but it shouldn't take too long anymore.
So, as many of you know, I've been back in my home country for a few weeks, settle some things, get the last bits and pieces of my stuff, etc.. most of my stuff comes with a container ship in one or two months, but I took some hardware from my old render pc with me (so I won't have to wait for it to arrive with the container), and I'm already using it effectively. Render times have decreased a lot!
Anyway, I know most of you just want to know about the update: Currently there are 7 scenes more or less finished. There are scenes for all of the girls (side, and main), and the main story progresses as well. I'm still working on some render and animations for some of them, but they're mostly done. I still have to do one bigger scene and some minor scenes in between, to connect everything, but after that, there's only testing and the beta release, which usually takes about two weeks, after that the full update will release.
I should mention that I've decided to not switch to WS after this update, but to go right back to BM. The way I've planned things out, it makes more sense to keep working on BM. I could, of course, just release one huge update, but there's just so much left to do, that I prefer to not do that. Nonetheless, this update should still be the biggest to date (content wise).
I'm also planning to release a SFW version of BM (Steam only), which requires some additional work, but it shouldn't affect the update much. This will make it possible to release BM in countries where Lewd stuff is not available on steam, but with a small (free) patch, it can be converted back to NSFW.
So yeah, that's all for now. Stay tuned for more soon ;)

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
@ Rec.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you moving to and from where are you moving?
I'm just curious as I have done it a few times myself. I have worked and lived in North America, Europe, Mid East and Asia.
Always with a mixture of excitement and anxiety :p

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
so one is not updated 10 months, another 5 months. i stand with milking comment.
anyway, usually when someone starts another game, while original game is crawling it is bad signal (similiar when dev in the middle of project restart it). this is 5th year of this project and it looks like it will go for many more.
Not milking me, so doesn't bother me one bit. An update will come out, or it won't.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
so one is not updated 10 months, another 5 months. i stand with milking comment.
anyway, usually when someone starts another game, while original game is crawling it is bad signal (similiar when dev in the middle of project restart it). this is 5th year of this project and it looks like it will go for many more.
If you're not paying any money out and getting it for free, how is it he is milking you?

Oct 22, 2017

Recreation is not the only dev around with two games going on simultaneously.
And he is not the only one around doing so to be able to avoid burnout or just have something different to focus on from time to time.

Also, while I would like everyone to have a monthly schedule, in the last years, due to increased rendering times because of better quality images for example, it is not that novel anymore to find a game on a 6-month schedule.

So, two alternating games on a 6-month schedule.
Combine that with "so one is not updated 10 months, another 5 months" ...

And you get? Two games, regularly updated every 6 months of development time.

I miss the times when there was an update to play basically every few weeks because of shorter and intertwined update schedules - a lot.
But I can't see any milking here.

Thanks though, because of this I realized I never got back to supporting Recreation again after having to remove my support some time back. Fixed that now. :)

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes