BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
I know, I know.
The thing is that I was trying to fix something language related, and the newer version had "some" fix for exactly that. In the end it wasn't was I hoped it would be though, so it was all for nothing...
SOLDIER ON

I HAVE MULTIPLE PSYCHIATRISTS TO VICARIOUSLY LUST AFTER APPARENTLY PLS

• Haha
Reactions: Stringy Bob

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Ok, I may be doing something wrong. I have the new 8.5 file, with Sancho for 8.1 (which is supposed to be compatible), but it ends at 8.1's end and will go no further. I had started the download of the old 8.5 file, but I'm pretty sure that one didn't finish downloading.

When trying play without Sancho's Mod, I get an error and it boots me back to the beginning of the game.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ok, I may be doing something wrong. I have the new 8.5 file, with Sancho for 8.1 (which is supposed to be compatible), but it ends at 8.1's end and will go no further. I had started the download of the old 8.5 file, but I'm pretty sure that one didn't finish downloading.

When trying play without Sancho's Mod, I get an error and it boots me back to the beginning of the game.
Did you use a 0.8(.0) save?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
No, I used an 0.8.1 save.
What I mean is, did you play 0.8 and created a save there.
If you loaded that up in 0.8.1 it might've worked, but it won't work in .5 and later versions.
Also I cannot guarantee that saves made while using sancho mod work in the unmodded version.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Also I cannot guarantee that saves made while using sancho mod work in the unmodded version.
That seems to be the case for me, at least. Using a 8.1 save with SanchoMod. No idea if you need or want to see this, just tagging you in case you do Sancho1969 If not, please just get back to your whiskey.

8.5 without the 8.1 mod gives me a traceback on loading a save from the end of 8.1, ignoring it starts a new playthrough and rolling back crashes the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
8.5 with the 8.1 SanchoMod loads the save, I have to click a few times to advance (nothing happens at first) then the game ends as it would in 8.1, I don't get to the new scene.
All the saves tested were manual saves, not quick or auto if that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Look
What I mean is, did you play 0.8 and created a save there.
If you loaded that up in 0.8.1 it might've worked, but it won't work in .5 and later versions.
Yes, I've had problems with mods lagging behind before. Sometimes, the Mod will not go beyond what it thinks is the end of the update, as well as (in this case) the modded save files don't work with an unmodded game. I guess I need to be patient and wait for the mod to catch up (or play from the beginning again).

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Update fix is in the op now, I didn't add a new version number, just replaced the links.
Confirmed the Bad Memories - Gallery Unlocker Mod works correctly for v0.8.5-fix.
so old saves won't work?
Some, not all. These are my results with loading saves in 0.8.5-fix (no mod in use).

Game versionRen'Py versionLoading saves
0.7.6(7, 4, 11)Rollback error.
0.8(7, 5, 3)Loads correctly.
0.8.1(7, 5, 3)Loads, but rolls back to the start of the label.
0.8.5(7, 6, 0)No saves.
0.8.5-fix(7, 5, 3)Loads correctly.

8.5 without the 8.1 mod gives me a traceback on loading a save from the end of 8.1, ignoring it starts a new playthrough and rolling back crashes the game.
When trying without the mod, did you run Sancho's SaveFixer?

Reactions: stefanobigcock

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Okay, looks like the update broke the mod, I can definitely see Sancho's handwriting there 0O000O00OO00 :geek:
I had hoped it doesn't break anything, but oh well...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Confirmed the Bad Memories - Gallery Unlocker Mod works correctly for v0.8.5-fix.

Some, not all. These are my results with loading saves in 0.8.5-fix (no mod in use).

0.8.5(7, 6, 0)No saves.

Please don't load 0.8 saves, they will fuck the whole game up and eventually stop working.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That seems to be the case for me, at least. Using a 8.1 save with SanchoMod. No idea if you need or want to see this, just tagging you in case you do Sancho1969 If not, please just get back to your whiskey.

8.5 with the 8.1 SanchoMod loads the save, I have to click a few times to advance (nothing happens at first) then the game ends as it would in 8.1, I don't get to the new scene.
All the saves tested were manual saves, not quick or auto if that matters.

0.8.5(7, 6, 0)No saves.

Folks, (not the replied to folks but all you folks) you must understand a few things here:
  1. Never, ever, ever, use uncorrelated versions of a VN:Mod. There's a reason we put version numbers in them.... for correlation. The best case scenario you will ever have is that the VN will run but will be reverted back to the previous version (as listed in any mod's version number). That's the best case. All other cases are pure chaos of failures. There's absolutely no point in installing uncorrelated versions 99% of the time.
  2. Note Meushi's table. Notice all these RenPy version changes? Every single time this changes the RPYC files' data for save points changes which almost always results in a boatload of rollback errors. This is just a fact as much data other than just the plain text of an RPY is contained within an RPYC... and these save point location markers are one of the imperative data sources to keep intact. I cannot stress this enough. It's why RenPy starts with RPY, then RPYC, then ultimately a packaged archive RPA. There are reasons for these file types and the data changes upon changing RenPy versions out of nowhere... again almost always causing pure havoc and chaos.
I know folks don't want to necessarily know the nitty-gritty but the facts are the facts. It doesn't matter if you play a VN modded or unmodded the rules are the same.

That said, if you can't wait for me to eyeball v0.8.5(fix) to update the mod to it then use the mod's "SaveFixer" for loading saves previously made while using SanchoMod inside an unmodded game. You must remember to delete this fixer file later though if you decide to install the pending mod update since they don't play nice with each other.

Now... what every fan of this VN must absolutely pray for now and in the future... is that the RenPy version remains stable and does NOT change (upgraded or downgraded) ever again until either the VN changes to a new Season or completes. The problems you folks are having aren't due to a mod or no mod, they are 100% due to the ridiculous amount of updates built on different RenPy versions and now folks hardly know which save was correlated to what RenPy version to be stable. That's the real bottom line with no punches pulled.

That's it. Sorry for the wall of text but this information is rather vital for you to understand due to the changes that have been made overtime with this particular VN. Anytime a RenPy version changes it's almost 100% best to start a new playthrough. I will do my best to resolve loading issues once I actually get to this project in my work stack but if the RPYC files are not the originals from the previous stable update there will be some rollback, period.

The last known stable saves files are those you made from v0.8.1 ... delete all your v0.8.0 saves, they were built on the wrong RPYC's which the dev corrected in v0.8.1 among other things.

Regards. I need my first cup of coffee now...

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BadMemories-0.8.5Fix
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.40 star(s) 198 Votes