Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I reported the issue but it's been a repetitious issue regarding my listings. This is exactly as stated in my report:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said and done, I'll release the mod update for a testing version of the VN that was never meant to see light of day by the developer. That's fine. At least folks will know that I worked over 36hrs in the last two days to fix all the shit that's broken in a leak that was never meant to be.

Sad thing is the original mod currently available on this thread is works on the only true latest release of the VN.

perseus420

Jun 18, 2017
I just now notice... So, after having the only mod listed in the VN's OP for over a 1.5yrs I get pulled since I don't have an update for a beta testing version of the VN in less than 48hrs? WTF is that all about?

Being a black sheep definitely gets zero respect, only oppression.
I do not understand it either. A simple *not updated yet* next to the link to your mod OP should be the solution.
You make a Save File Fix that a player might want, at the very least, to continue their play if they don't want to wait for an update. (Nice feature, by the way, Thank you)
I personally make a text document from games and mod OP pages with links at top to find them easier and remind myself of features if offline for any reason.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I reported the issue but it's been a repetitious issue regarding my listings. This is exactly as stated in my report:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That said and done, I'll release the mod update for a testing version of the VN that was never meant to see light of day by the developer. That's fine. At least folks will know that I worked over 36hrs in the last two days to fix all the shit that's broken in a leak that was never meant to be.

Sad thing is the original mod currently available on this thread is works on the only true latest release of the VN.
Ya know, bro. If you see another mod pop up, you know wtf happened. We've seen it happen before. Fuckin stupid politics.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it, moderators want mod updates for VN testing builds... so be it.

SanchoMod Update (v0.8 Beta) (PLEASE NOTE: This is a developer test build of the VN)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly. Note that there's a new FAQ Spoiler button:
1680918746497.png

Changlelog:
  • Updated feature - Updated to Core v7b
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in mod's OP FAQ.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the post here.
  • New feature - HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Mod now has it's own separate volume control (found in Preferences).
  • Fixed all the bugs I could find in this "beta" test build of the VN. The on-the-fly Male/Female toggle (in SanchoCheats) adjusts ALL of the gender parameters... that'll fix your broken Female saves.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

whydoineedto

May 21, 2022
Tried fresh install of both game and mod, still getting this error when loading saves.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4258, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1175, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1073, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1008, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Bad Memories 0.8.beta
Fri Apr  7 19:14:26 2023

edit: Ok, I finally managed to load a previous save. Don't know what the problem was with the last one.

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).
Man oh man, I don't know how much time you work on your mods but you kick some serious ass. I just love your mods brother.. Cheers

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Tried fresh install of both game and mod, still getting this error when loading saves.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4258, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1073, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1008, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Bad Memories 0.8.beta
Fri Apr  7 19:14:26 2023

edit: Ok, I finally managed to load a previous save. Don't know what the problem was with the last one.
If you've read any amount of posts here or on the VN's thread... the dev changed the MC's variables so literally thousands of lines of script changed. This freaks RenPy out... it's not the mod, it's the VN. I set the rollback as far as I'd ever recommend so it is what it is. I reckon I had ~80% of mine load with zero issue FWIW (out of around 50-60 saves or so)

Reactions: perseus420

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
If you've read any amount of posts here or on the VN's thread... the dev changed the MC's variables so literally thousands of lines of script changed. This freaks RenPy out... it's not the mod, it's the VN. I set the rollback as far as I'd ever recommend so it is what it is. I reckon I had ~80% of mine load with zero issue FWIW (out of around 50-60 saves or so)
I haven't played this one in awhile so I'll be starting one from the beginning and see what happens. It sure as hell doesn't make your life any easier when the vars get modified. Regardless, keep up the great work Sancho. Love your mods. Cheers

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I haven't played this one in awhile so I'll be starting one from the beginning and see what happens. It sure as hell doesn't make your life any easier when the vars get modified. Regardless, keep up the great work Sancho. Love your mods. Cheers
I hear ya bud... there hasn't been a VN update in almost a year so it's been a while for everyone. This one's been frustrating though due to it being a Beta and me trying to keep a stable version going. This took ~36hours to build in the last 48... I'm tired. But don't fear, I tested the shit out of it so it should be 100% playable and not break anything in the future. I even took great care with the SanchoCheats so that nothing can go too far out of whack.

Enjoy... I need an adult beverage refill... and a nap real soon.

Reactions: Darklord_1965

whydoineedto

May 21, 2022
Yeah, I was aware of the changes, which is why I figured a fresh install would be needed. I just didn't think It'd have a hard time loading the saves once the fixes you did were implemented. In any case, I managed to load a previous save and just scrolled away trough all the content till I reached the new update. Great work, thx.

Mar 11, 2019
Damn i was looking for the link...had to read some back and forth before i finally found it...but damn these mods are getting weirder by the day with what they allow and what they delete...

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Damn i was looking for the link...had to read some back and forth before i finally found it...but damn these mods are getting weirder by the day with what they allow and what they delete...
My best guess would be, that some user(s) reported the mod for being outdated.

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
Sancho1969 you seriously should make a patreon you're one of the best modders on this site and your mods are always top quality i'd be a monthly sub in a heartbeat.

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Well earlier I said I was going to try one from scratch with Sancho's mod, so I downloaded it 8 hours ago and started a new game and it worked flawlessly all the way to the GAME OVER image. You also get Sancho's note (Steph & Jacky) regarding the borked code. Outstanding job once again Sancho and thank you for your mods bro and the long hours involved and as Darkmessiah30 said, you're definitely one of the best modders on this site and #1 in my book and I always look forward to your mod updates. Cheers and get some well disserved rest (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My best guess would be, that some user(s) reported the mod for being outdated.
I truly wish it were that simple bud, but sadly there's far more at play than some see.

I fight for any product made by anyone (doesn't have to be mine, that's not the point) to be listed so other registered members of the site actually know a product exists so they can make their own minds up what to use and what not to use. What's the point of putting thousands of hours into projects and no one know they exist... and they might be looking for such a product?

That summarizes why I do what I do but get whacked by just a few 'round here who are on the "they'll see what we want them to see" camp. Most are reasonable and fair folks, some simply ain't.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wondering now if this will be like "Chasing Sunsets" and have a different Steam version (that saves to a different location and a different persistent file name)... wasn't expecting this tonight, thought it'd be a sober one but not if I gotta update this and get pulled from the VN's OP yet again while doing so :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, Sancho, just letting you know that 0.8 Final went live on Steam today.
The cake you ordered will be out of the oven in just a bit.

I think I've got it steam/non-steam compatible. You'll notice the below True if the mod is recognizing Steam proper (forgive the image quality, my net is fucked due to ... sunspots or whatever they'll blame it on next):
1682298315817.png

Give me a bit to compile it and bench test the public package. If goes well I'll have it out quicker than you can shakes two sticks at.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes