matt767

May 3, 2020
I get error when I try to run on Ubuntu 20.04. Actually I see this with several renpy games

============================
$ ./Bad-Memories.sh
Could not import renpy.bootstrap. Please ensure you decompressed Ren'Py
correctly, preserving the directory structure.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/lib/linux-x86_64/../../Bad-Memories.py", line 198, in <module>
main()
File "/home/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/lib/linux-x86_64/../../Bad-Memories.py", line 188, in main
import renpy.bootstrap
File "/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/renpy/__init__.py", line 56, in <module>
from renpy.compat import *
File "/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
import future.standard_library
ImportError: No module named future.standard_library
========================

not sure how renpy works exacyl but it does not seem to use the installed python but rather its own version. So maybe its not built properly.

I check python from the command line and it can import the future.standard_library. So maybe ren'py specific.

Please can anyone help?

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I get error when I try to run on Ubuntu 20.04. Actually I see this with several renpy games

============================
$ ./Bad-Memories.sh
Could not import renpy.bootstrap. Please ensure you decompressed Ren'Py
correctly, preserving the directory structure.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/lib/linux-x86_64/../../Bad-Memories.py", line 198, in <module>
main()
File "/home/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/lib/linux-x86_64/../../Bad-Memories.py", line 188, in main
import renpy.bootstrap
File "/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/renpy/__init__.py", line 56, in <module>
from renpy.compat import *
File "/steam/Steam/Bad-Memories/renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
import future.standard_library
ImportError: No module named future.standard_library
========================

not sure how renpy works exacyl but it does not seem to use the installed python but rather its own version. So maybe its not built properly.

I check python from the command line and it can import the future.standard_library. So maybe ren'py specific.

Please can anyone help?
You are correct that renpy bundles its own version of Python. Are you attempting to force renpy to run using the system-wide install of Python? (I do not believe so as you're launching using the sh file, however that is the best idea I have at this time.) If so, there a significant amount of work that is required due to specific library requirements.

Are you doing anything unusual with your install? Have you verified the install with Steam?

If possible, I suggest that you join the Discord linked in the OP. It would be faster and easier for us to communicate there.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Well, I uinderstand why some ppl said that last update was short. If we're talking about the main story it really is. Hope next one will be more story-focused, because I'm highly interested in the plot! Actually, in this case, even more than in the sex x_x

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
This is one of those games where i actually prefer the fem path of the game.
The whole dynamic between characters regarding the story and how the MC reacts just feels more natural during the fem path.

Also personally i think this scene is the hottest in the game so far :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall a great game !
(y)(y)
Luckily I was forced to start the game from scratch and that's when I had that super hot scene:giggle::love:Love It.

• Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I recognize the MC, but not Rachel on this pose...
And I must have miss this scene, as I don't remember it.
Did you start a new game or at least a save from day 8? Otherwise some scenes wont trigger.

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
Can I just say. I am amazed at how sad the Discord scene is when it happens. I mean. The MC clearly is someone who would be using Discord much more regually than what I am see here. No chats with other folks happen, no groups joined. Discordnickname is Numbers and Letters...
I mean at least they have a profile pic. But still whats going on there. Spoof some things at least. Have them be a member of Furry95 discord at least...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fz

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
This is one of those games where i actually prefer the fem path of the game.
The whole dynamic between characters regarding the story and how the MC reacts just feels more natural during the fem path.

Also personally i think this scene is the hottest in the game so far :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall a great game !
Jill is canon

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Can I just say. I am amazed at how sad the Discord scene is when it happens. I mean. The MC clearly is someone who would be using Discord much more regually than what I am see here. No chats with other folks happen, no groups joined. Discordnickname is Numbers and Letters...
I mean at least they have a profile pic. But still whats going on there. Spoof some things at least. Have them be a member of Furry95 discord at least...
1: Why the hell should rec make useless discord conversations that have nothing to do with BM? That would be a waste of time.
2: Do you really think that everyone who uses a site joins the discord server? Nope they don't.

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
1: Why the hell should rec make useless discord conversations that have nothing to do with BM? That would be a waste of time.
2: Do you really think that everyone who uses a site joins the discord server? Nope they don't.
Wow you took that like it was personal.
I was just saying that for the work they have done everywhere else, it was surprising that there was such a barren discord account. Am I expecting anything, no. So sorry if you felt that but it wasn't an order or demanding it...

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes