Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Thanks man :D
You have time to play other games? I must be doing something wrong xD
i told this to @MrKnobb yesterday on his discord:
what think all devs should do is set aside 1 day a week to play other VNs so they can give opinions and critiques on them and it will break up the time of always working on thier own VN and help avoid burnout

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Setup scenes, render, then code and in between renders you MAKE time for other games. We learn best from each other not so?

OH yes in between you do real life, work and family/wife etc...
I barely manage to make me a coffee in between renders, coding, real life and work (gawd, I'm lucky I'm not married xD).

i told this to @MrKnobb yesterday on his discord:
what think all devs should do is set aside 1 day a week to play other VNs so they can give opinions and critiques on them and it will break up the time of always working on thier own VN and help avoid burnout
That's actually a good idea. I played a lot of other games when I was still working on the initial release, but I had way more time at that time. Maybe I can manage to do that again when the update is done. Lately the only games I play are the most simple ones on android in which I don't need to use my brain :/

Lucius Drake

Kissed by a demoness
Donor
Feb 12, 2018
what's up dev, smth new ? release date?
Day 1 commenting till the update is on.
@ everyone who is waiting for the update:
There is one thing I realized this week after a lot of overwork in my job. I will most likely never be able to pull out as much content as I want in just a month, so I decided to increase the (already rough) shedule to two months for the next update. I don't want to release mini updates and I don't want to decrease the render quality just to be able to pull out more render.

I try to finish the current update until the end of next week, but please don't expect too much, I'm still working on the second scene, so it will most likely only be 3 scenes in the update (+ the female MC and a lot of behind the scenes code work).
One page back he said something about the new update.

Lucius Drake

Kissed by a demoness
Donor
Feb 12, 2018
I barely manage to make me a coffee in between renders, coding, real life and work (gawd, I'm lucky I'm not married xD).

That's actually a good idea. I played a lot of other games when I was still working on the initial release, but I had way more time at that time. Maybe I can manage to do that again when the update is done. Lately the only games I play are the most simple ones on android in which I don't need to use my brain :/
You need your brain for gaming? :p

Reactions: Namco15

Haspes

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2019
Not sure if you have it, but you should look into batch render. I find it to be one of the most useful tools on the Daz store.

I work nights, so I try to get all my renders set up during the day, then load them all up into Batch render, and let it run while I'm at my full time job. Sometimes things glitch, or I need to fix minor problems then rerun, but it means that even people like me with sub-standard GPU's can get a decent amount of renders done per day.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure if you have it, but you should look into batch render. I find it to be one of the most useful tools on the Daz store.

I work nights, so I try to get all my renders set up during the day, then load them all up into Batch render, and let it run while I'm at my full time job. Sometimes things glitch, or I need to fix minor problems then rerun, but it means that even people like me with sub-standard GPU's can get a decent amount of renders done per day.
I have a batch render script, but I barely use it because EVERYTIME something is wrong with the render that I haven't seen before...
I'm too picky :/

Reactions: Lucius Drake

Haspes

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2019
Can totally understand how you feel about that, I get the occasional issue myself. I tend to do a lot of checks with the preview window in Iray so I can have a good idea how it's gonna look. But I always miss something when I see it full size. )))

And nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, unless you don't have the ability to say this is good enough when it really is good enough.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Can totally understand how you feel about that, I get the occasional issue myself. I tend to do a lot of checks with the preview window in Iray so I can have a good idea how it's gonna look. But I always miss something when I see it full size. )))

And nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, unless you don't have the ability to say this is good enough when it really is good enough.
I guess that depends on my mood and how much time I have xD

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes