VN Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.9b] [recreation] BETA release full of bugs, only for you, yes you!

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes

DiableFripon

Oct 4, 2017
By the way, I asked Jada not to call me "Mommy" and changed the subject when she asked me to call Rachel "Mom" (Thanks for making this optional for the little one minority who don't like it) but I would like to know, does it break the roads or remove important story elements?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
By the way, I asked Jada not to call me "Mommy" and changed the subject when she asked me to call Rachel "Mom" (Thanks for making this optional for the little one minority who don't like it) but I would like to know, does it break the roads or remove important story elements?
No it's entirely optional.

Reactions: DiableFripon

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The problem is that some/many of those renders are made in older daz/iray versions. If I'd re-render them now, they'd look pretty differently, so I'd have to redo whole scenes just for that.
Ah, I see. Maybe if you ever get tempted to do the whole "remastering the whole game" and redoing all the renders anyway, then.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
The problem is that some/many of those renders are made in older daz/iray versions. If I'd re-render them now, they'd look pretty differently, so I'd have to redo whole scenes just for that.
What do I pay you fooorrr!? [/rage] (I kid, I kid.)

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Well, some of the rework rec has already done have been subtle improvements. I recall being surprised with the story detail in Hanna's early scenes.

Reactions: DiableFripon

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Alright, hive mind. Any ideas on my missing images? I got all of the scenes, played them all as MC and FemC and did all the scene variations when I got them. Even played a version where I rejected all side girls but Steph (and did a Steph reject as well on another path), and I'm missing a bunch of Day 12 and Day 13 stuff. Some of the day 12 stuff is really odd because it seems to fall between the MC/FemC variants of Jada in the afternoon and didn't trigger by rejecting that scene.

These are from pages 10, 11 and 12. The last item missing on Page 11 could be either Day 12 (Steph related) or Day 13 (fun in the kitchen finale for the release).

Thoughts?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, an oddity: when I played a non-harem iteration of the Day 13 scene, the replay will now only show that cut off version of the scene, not the full version of the scene, even after reloading one of the multitude of harem related saves.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Well took the dive and played the game as FMC rather enjoyable game, glad I finally decided to do it. (Side note that last scene before the end of current update was amazing, just saying, as was
Given I like to collect everything I might end up playing as the male at some point to get more images unlocked but might hold off for now maybe.
Story is a nice pace, some drama here and there but more romance which is welcoming, the whole
. I know looking at past comments many have different views on Katherine, me I hope she gets romance but time will tell.
The only real negative which is not really a negative but more a personal preference is some of the H scenes were a tad shorter then others, that's all I can really think of that was a oh I see moment. Beyond that was a good read so far.

Also, an oddity: when I played a non-harem iteration of the Day 13 scene, the replay will now only show that cut off version of the scene, not the full version of the scene, even after reloading one of the multitude of harem related saves.
The last scene in the galley for me also stops and I have only played the harem route, never seen the outcome where they stop in the storyline only when viewing it in the gallery, made a save at the start of that one for ah um reasons

Reactions: recreation

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And going down down that path is like the House of the Rising Sun--it has led the the ruin on many a poor dev.

Last edited:

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
I think they're just referring to the bright white picture in the middle of a dark grey website. My eyes hurt after scrolling past that too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yngling

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And going down down that path is like the Housel of the Rising Sun--it has led the the ruin on many a poor dev.
I couldn't add the next line, because so far, I'm not one. I'm starting with shorter stories before tackling an epic.

Galentein

Nov 5, 2017
This game is really good.
Love the story so far, it's really interesting, one of few game who explore child trauma from an almost realistic perspective.
Also many character in this game are lovable.
Dunno about the planned ending so far but i'm gonna be really upset if no harem ending appear...

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
cant say im happy about jada joining in on the fun in the last scene even when you have totally rejected her in the past (i did see in the pics shes more active if your on her path, but still strange)
I was just happy we didn't have to let Jada join in even if we had to let her watch. I've been relatively active with Jada up to that point, but I still had the choice to not let her play with Rachel (or kiss her). You can just end the scene if you kiss Ellie.

Mostly, I'm just kind of overprotective of Rachel. And I kind of want to keep her a bit separate rather than drag her into orgies. Jada and Ellie can have their own little thing all they want, but I don't really want either of them taking advantage of Rachel (or Katherine). So I do kind of hope we get a chance to put the brakes on anything coming up if it starts drifting into that sort of territory.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Hannah yet. Trying to play the game "in-character", part of me wants to let her down easy (so she doesn't get dragged into this weird incestuous polycule mess), but she seems so desperate for love it feels too cruel to say no. So then it's mostly just a question of whether I want to try and keep her to myself on the side, or let her get involved in playful shenanigans. I'd probably be okay with her joining in with Ellie and Jada, but maybe not.

The whole drug thing is slightly worrying as I feel the game will split at some point pending the options you selected around the use of drugs or not
This is obviously just supposition on my part, but it feels like the drugs are only there as a plot point to justify why Rachel would be willing to take the step of getting involved in a (semi) incestuous relationship (or a full-on one if Ellie starts getting involved). The drugs skew her inhibition enough to make her decisions plausible.

I don't think they're going to become a major plot-point in the future, but I could also be wrong.

It would be nice if we could sort of wean her off them, though. A sort of "you don't need them if your home life is happy and you're not drinking anymore" scenario.

I know looking at past comments many have different views on Katherine, me I hope she gets romance but time will tell.
She is my precious jewel, and all I want to do is hold her in my arms and tell her everything is going to be okay.

Honestly, at this point I just want scenes where I get to be more romantic with her over sex scenes. It doesn't even matter if it will overcomplicate my already overcomplicated relationship status even more. I kind of like the idea that we can eventually make her realize we're not necessarily the sort of person she's always assumed we were or built up in her head, and that she should take the risk on being in a relationship with us even if it means sharing us.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
As far as I can tell, Dragon59 is only one individual. Maybe he suffers from MPD, or maybe he's possessed by demons and is legion, but without that knowledge, I stand by my comment. ;)
Yeah, it's my ex-wife who has DID. I do have two cats here, if that helps, but they did not contribute to my post.

On another note, I find it interesting that the folk song was originally song from a female perspective. Makes much more sense, unless you consider that the House of the Rising Sun was actually House of the Rising Son, a brothel of male prostitutes.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes