Mod Ren'Py Abandoned BadHero [Ep.1 v2.0.4p & Ep.2 v2.1.4p] Multi-Mod [AB & ShaddyModda]

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
well - it's something completely different whether you steal someone's work for your own (piracy), or if you take someone's work and put it in your own crap and sell it like it's yours now. Even without asking in first sight.

This is a shitty move, and reason for me to blacklist that game and that dev at all. Hopefully there will be as many players as possible who think alike.

Reactions: Soulpuppet

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
well - it's something completely different whether you steal someone's work for your own (piracy), or if you take someone's work and put it in your own crap and sell it like it's yours now. Even without asking in first sight.
Even if I agree with you than using other code without permission is a bad move, there is certain irony in this matter.

znakistu

Jan 21, 2018
Then why on all mods its clearly stated that the mod is from external source? Why they accept mods? Because it raise their game awareness. Also for some it's easy to play. It is a grey zone here...but as long as the devs are supporting the players from this site, some common sense should be here also. Even that this is some sort of piracy site, some of us are supporting some devs. Seeing this will make me stop the support for this game.
To play Devil's Advocate here, I highly doubt the mod was created with permission from the game dev in the first place, on top of neither the mod nor any of the mod developer's pages having terms or requests pertaining to redistribution or credit. It's also more than a little ironic to complain about stolen work on a piracy site.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
But such behavior from devs and comments like this are killing the motivation for modders to create mods for us players without the knowledge and/or time to create them ourself.
You're assuming a dev wants unauthorized modding of their game in the first place. More than a few don't and even more find it generally rude. And since there's no redistribution mentions by the modder despite being a ubiquitous practice, it's more than fair to assume they wouldn't care if someone did it.

The fact of the matter is simply that the modder wrote a blank check and is mad someone cashed it, while having a hypocritical stance on the matter of boundaries and permissions.

*Edit*
I feel the need to clarify that, once again, I'm saying this as the Devil's Advocate. The dev pulled an unambiguously dick move, but there is really not much room for the modder to justifiably play the one-sided victim about it when you consider the full context of everything.

Last edited:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
You're assuming a dev wants unauthorized modding of their game in the first place. More than a few don't and even more find it generally rude. And since there's no redistribution mentions by the modder despite being a ubiquitous practice, it's more than fair to assume they wouldn't care if someone did it.

The fact of the matter is simply that the modder wrote a blank check and is mad someone cashed it, while having a hypocritical stance on the matter of boundaries and permissions.
Then the devs have the option to contact the modders and ask them to stop it. If the dev does nothing, it can be considerd as a silent acceptance. As far as I have expierenced, if a dev asks to stop the mod, the modders have stopped in the past. Also the modders don't make money from the parts the dev made, in this case Xlab put the code from AB and Shaddy in his files AND does indeed make money from it. Additionally Xlab deleted the name of AB and Shaddy out of the code and put his name in it. That isn't piracy anymore, that's simply theft! And someone making money out of the work of others and telling "it's my idea and work" should never fall under the cover of piracy and get silently accepted! Feel free to think otherwise, but it won't change my mind, and so from many others.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Then the devs have the option to contact the modders and ask them to stop it. If the dev does nothing, it can be considerd as a silent acceptance. As far as I have expierenced, if a dev asks to stop the mod, the modders have stopped in the past. Also the modders don't make money from the parts the dev made, in this case Xlab put the code from AB and Shaddy in his files AND does indeed make money from it. Additionally Xlab deleted the name of AB and Shaddy out of the code and put his name in it. That isn't piracy anymore, that's simply theft! And someone making money out of the work of others and telling "it's my idea and work" should never fall under the cover of piracy and get silently accepted! Feel free to think otherwise, but it won't change my mind, and so from many others.
Piracy is quite literally always theft, it's by definition just a method of theft itself. And I never conflated Xlab's actions as piracy I said that a piracy site is an ironic place to complain about someone stealing from you, because piracy itself is stealing to begin with.

No matter how you spin it, it's a modder making an unauthorized mod, while monetizing said service, getting mad on a piracy site over the dev appropriating their code despite making no claims as to their redistribution policy whatsoever despite that being an industry standard. Both sides are in the wrong, there's no victim here.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Additionally Xlab deleted the name of AB and Shaddy out of the code and put his name in it. That isn't piracy anymore, that's simply theft!
exact. i suggest IAmAB should contact patreon, send the proof that it's HIS code (easy thing to do), and claim copyright.
I wonder how far Xlab will get with this asolute bullshit sick dick move.

PS: i didn't even know that Ashole removed the AB and Shaddy's name and put his own - i thought he "just" used the whole code.
This gets even more worse.

IAmAB

Working on my new Male Protagonist game!
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2019
I'm going to give you guys some update about what happened.

First of all, Xlab (the dev) contacted me and apologized for what happened and said he had nothing against me making a mod for his game. My intention was never talk bad about him, I just gave my reason about not continuing the mod and it escalated way too much and for that I also apologize.
But that is in the past now and since everything is solved between us I said to him it was okay to use the features the mod had in his game and even offered some help to code it. As for the future of the mod I still don't know what will happen. I'm sorry again for everything that happened.
Hope that clarifies your doubts.

Take care.
~AB

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020

First of all, Xlab (the dev) contacted me and apologized for what happened and said he had nothing against me making a mod for his game. My intention was never talk bad about him, I just gave my reason about not continuing the mod and it escalated way too much and for that I also apologize.
But that is in the past now and since everything is solved between us I said to him it was okay to use the features the mod had in his game and even offered some help to code it. As for the future of the mod I still don't know what will happen. I'm sorry again for everything that happened.

Take care.
~AB
Glad you could solve the problem with him. He still should have contacted you, but let's forget about it. Wish you the best.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018

Take care.
~AB
you don't need to be sorry - it's still HIS fault that he hasn't asked you in advance.
But nevertheless glad that he apologized and everything is solved and ok now.
Still please don't think you did anything wrong or that you overreacted - you did absolute the right thing.
If you would have been quiet, he probably would have done such shit next time again. Guess he has learned something about how to act if you want to use another's code.

• Angry
Reactions: Belzeebub

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
My compressed unofficial android ports of Bad Hero with IAmAB 's multi mod
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On some minigames swipe towards the top right corner when you see the mouse "a" symbol and simply click when you see the mouse "d" symbol.
Episode 1
Updated to 2.0.4p

Episode 2
2.2.4p (Cheats only ATM)
When will u update it bro ??

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
How does the point system work with dialogue changes if you modified them early with Cheats?. Are the characters nicer to Frank earlier than they would have been without the cheat of changing relationship points?. What is relationship mode?. Does Frank actually rise from the ashes or does he continue to get screwed over by woman who seem to all get a vendetta against him. LOL. Anyway I am just trying to figure out how to use the cheat mod the best way you can to get the less cucked Frank

KillerTamilan

May 22, 2021
My compressed unofficial android ports of Bad Hero with IAmAB 's multi mod
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On some minigames swipe towards the top right corner when you see the mouse "a" symbol and simply click when you see the mouse "d" symbol.
Episode 1
Updated to 2.0.4p

Episode 2
2.2.4p (Cheats only ATM)
Episode 2 mega link shows the file is no longer available . Please provide any other link bro.