BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
After giving up and scrapping the game I saw you recompiled it, so I downloaded the latest recompiled one on G-drive and installed it. I then added the I-patch on the OP. It works, but the Kate quest is still bugged. I noticed the I-patch overwrites some scripts. Does that have anything to do with the Kate bug?
Don't know much about that patch, but today or tomorrow I will release v 1.01 that is supposed to solve the Kate-issue for good.
You may restart the game, but with tab-skipping you will back to your progress in a few minutes.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Macinnes

PAINKIRA

Aug 20, 2020
Q:You know you could easily add text size editor in the game right? Lol
View attachment 3882100
A: Scaleable Fonts will make complain people about their own choices.

Q:
And since you are here my pc is good but there's a bug stopping the game occasionally sooo it's my problem or its a bug?

A:
I need more details on this. Screenshots or an error report could be helpful.
I have installed BangCity on 2 different PCs, both PCs have been set up recently. I have no crashes.
Mostly when I leave the game open in the main task screen when the game gives us the circle things to move from place to place

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
A: Scaleable Fonts will make complain people about their own choices.
No, that only reveals the game wasn't tested under various common settings generally assumed functional in video games. Ren'Py's default template even provides scaling as an option, that's how standard it is. You're actually supposed to limit sentences to 80 non-CJK or 60 CJK characters... Notice how AAA-game studios show text for an example (specifically dialog text). Ren'Py supports replacing Say functions to better allow for calculating character height and width based on sentence length to determine whether you should split it (dynamically done and usually fancy with ellipses) to address developer's "need" for long sentences but also to keep them visually usable.
You know you could easily add text size editor in the game right? Lol

And since you are here my pc is good but there's a bug stopping the game occasionally sooo it's my problem or its a bug?
A:
I need more details on this. Screenshots or an error report could be helpful.
I have installed BangCity on 2 different PCs, both PCs have been set up recently. I have no crashes.
Sounds like stale Ren'Py persistent and/or save data. Might be best to upload your persistent and a save file you know it occurs with. The developer(s) can then take a look at all variables and could check with their game-logic state-machine chart/routing to verify consistency...assuming they use one to keep track of it all. Useful for noticing flawed logic-flow or variable management. Could also be your own rig, so a log or traceback would indeed be most helpful, of course.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PAINKIRA

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Don't know much about that patch, but today or tomorrow I will release v 1.01 that is supposed to solve the Kate-issue for good.
You may restart the game, but with tab-skipping you will back to your progress in a few minutes.
I just hit chapter 2 where the MC has his hands in a cast. After few days and a few tasks completed the Kate side story triggered when I clicked on the PC. It looks like the problem is that the exclamation point shows up early in Chapter 1 making everyone think that the quest can be triggered immediately. When I guess it was intended to mark that questline until it can be started in chapter 2. I guess it's not really a bug but an unintended confusion caused by the flag.

PAINKIRA

Aug 20, 2020
If i will do it, Bangcity 2 and 3 will be different and focus on prostitution. But no rape or such bullshit.
Too boring to be a game honestly, at least make the base idea like a slice of life thing not a hardcore gang shit life that basically a game of thrones stimulation

PAINKIRA

Aug 20, 2020
I made the same criticism on a guy made a game about the Scottish Irish folklore shit and that basically a fucked up world, he just made it vanilla and not even a good normal sex scene in it

PAINKIRA

Aug 20, 2020
Just upload the fix patch alone, not the whole game lol

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Ok, trying to read the dialogue of the mangled English translation and the phrase "in between" keeps popping up. I have no clue what that's supposed to mean? Like the MC says to Tracy, "You are a willing bitch in between! Very good!" I have no clue what that sentence means. I understand the amount of non-English speaking developers on here and how difficult English can be as a language, but as others like myself have mentioned before this needs a skilled English translator. There are many mistakes in sentence syntax and word tenses in the story. More examples are "This documents" instead of "These documents"

PAINKIRA

Aug 20, 2020
Ok, trying to read the dialogue of the mangled English translation and the phrase "in between" keeps popping up. I have no clue what that's supposed to mean? Like the MC says to Tracy, "You are a willing bitch in between! Very good!" I have no clue what that sentence means. I understand the amount of non-English speaking developers on here and how difficult English can be as a language, but as others like myself have mentioned before this needs a skilled English translator. There are many mistakes in sentence syntax and word tenses in the story. More examples are "This documents" instead of "These documents"
Or when Linda says I'm your step mom crying out loud, what in the Naruto is that supposed to mean

Reactions: Macinnes

jmchanel

Nov 6, 2019
how to fix. Please
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/schedule_gang.rpy", line 54, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/intro_mc1.rpyc", line 637, in script call
File "game/scripts/intro_mc1.rpyc", line 884, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 8, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 11, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 13, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 15, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 17, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 19, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 23, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 33, in script call
File "game/scripts/scenes_base_pc.rpyc", line 228, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 47, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 62, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 79, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 92, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 109, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 126, in script call
File "game/scripts/phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 144, in script call
File "game/scripts/ch2_phone_dialoges.rpyc", line 398, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 21, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 23, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 25, in script call
File "game/scripts/sp_photostudio.rpyc", line 117, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 27, in script call
File "game/scripts/sp_photostudio.rpyc", line 165, in script call
File "game/scripts/sp_photostudio.rpyc", line 215, in script call
File "game/scripts/sideplot_influencer.rpyc", line 29, in script call
File "game/scripts/sp_photostudio.rpyc", line 215, in script call
File "game/scripts/schedule_gang.rpyc", line 54, in script
File "C:\Users\kyoch\Downloads\BangCity-v1.0-Fix-pc\BangCity-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1845, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\kyoch\Downloads\BangCity-v1.0-Fix-pc\BangCity-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\kyoch\Downloads\BangCity-v1.0-Fix-pc\BangCity-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/schedule_gang.rpy", line 54, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
BangCity v1.0 Complete
Wed Jul 31 01:56:45 2024

3.00 star(s) 48 Votes