Unity Bare Backstreets [v0.7.4] [Jasonafex]

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes

LeFrenchCat

Aug 30, 2017
I shouldn't say that because it's an early version and everything but I'm a bit disappointed...

The "original" version of this game, or at least the small demo we got few years ago, was way better in every aspect =/

Reactions: xXKayvinXx

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
At first sight it looked like some furry beat 'em up styled game but it turned out it's another poorly made platformer.
To be fair, it did used to be a beat'em up. I still have that version on my laptop. Why? Well, 1) I prefer it cos it played better and 2) it doesn't self-destruct the second I load it up. (this one worked in one version but just blows up on me ever since)

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
To be fair, it did used to be a beat'em up. I still have that version on my laptop. Why? Well, 1) I prefer it cos it played better and 2) it doesn't self-destruct the second I load it up. (this one worked in one version but just blows up on me ever since)
That happens when you are making a game with a good idea, but then you milk your fans by only adding sex animations and no actual gameplay.

Reactions: Macoubex

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
That happens when you are making a game with a good idea, but then you milk your fans by only adding sex animations and no actual gameplay.
To be fair, a game that's all sex animations would still work. Played a few like that, held my attention for some time. Somehow, this one just... Doesn't. The original idea did, but this just seems like an annoying sex gallery, where you platform about to find something to bugger you.

But, I digress, I probably shouldn't go off on a tangent and drag you with me. They like things to be on topic and me slagging off the game probably isn't proper forum decorum. :p

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
No they aren't.
We can agree to disagree. When he's done riding his girlfriend's dick and learns how to draw himself, I'm sure he'd get a lot more respect.

Edit: I don't know what kind of metric you're comparing here. Genres, terms of content, what the game contains, etc. Sure book of lust is a bit of a tedious grind but there's in between flavor text at least. It does get boring fast, but I'd rather take that than something that's in dev for three years and turns out to be less than mediocre the next time you see it.

Macoubex

May 26, 2018
Err.. Ok, quick exemple.
Try to compare Total War Warhammer 2 and Vermintide 2 : They both are in the same universe, right ? But there gameplay is completly different, which make them uncomparable by nature.
That's how it works, you can't compare a visual novel with a sidescroller just because they contain furries.
And if you still do, you'll just look dumb cause you just prouve that you don't understand the slightess thing about video games.
Now, if you'll excuse me, i think i lost enough time writing this comment for probably nothing.

KiWolfGirl

Jun 13, 2018
Maybe its possible he thinks this a topic for Amorous, the Jasonafex visual novel that you actually CAN compare to Book of Lust.

Reactions: Macoubex

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
i lost enough time writing this comment for probably nothing.
Maybe its possible he thinks this a topic for Amorous, the Jasonafex visual novel that you actually CAN compare to Book of Lust.
No, I know full well. If the link didn't tip you off, the comment itself is bait & I'm saying this game is shit. Underwhelming in every way imaginable and it doesn't deserve to be judged objectively. It's a lazily developed hack of a 'platformer' that can't even hold a candle to a wet fart.

Macoubex

May 26, 2018
No, I know full well. If the link didn't tip you off, the comment itself is bait & I'm saying this game is shit. Underwhelming in every way imaginable and it doesn't deserve to be judged objectively. It's a lazily developed hack of a 'platformer' that can't even hold a candle to a wet fart.
Ok ok..
1. I didn't say that this game was good. It's far from it right now and it will surely take a long time before it begin to be close from being good.
2. Me and KiWolfGirl were talking to you about the fact that you can't compare 2 games of different gender (if it can be said like that).
3. Even if a game isn't good, his creator sucks and it's taking a long time to get any kind of update : you HAVE to treat the game objectivly.

Did you ever create a game yourself ?
And if you did, would you like anyone to shit on you because you went to develop an other game at the same time and/or didn't update your main game for some reason known by only you ?
I bet that you wouldn't like it one bit.
So please, for the love of everyone on this forum, be quiet and go think about how immature your attitude is.
Thank you.

Dark Ash Fur

Dec 2, 2019
idk but in the 0.4.0 they maybe removed the bee / chest sex scenes idk why or if its only me but i cant be catch by they anymore if anyone play and can explain or say why thanks also the game looks good not even close to the old bare back streets but still good some bugs but nothing "gaming break"

snivylovecookie

May 23, 2020
The real reason the previous game was scrapped was tensions between devs and jasonafex. Internal drama or something. The what about that are blurs. That's what I recall from that.

The orange area is way laggier than the vanilla one. They fixed performance but added one that is just as bad as before. Maybe even worse. Make sure to choose the other map when choosing. It defaults to the lag one.
If it runs too poorly for you at this point, there's not much to do. Maybe reduce size of the game or settings, but alas it can only go down so much. It won't run smoothly for everyone. I am aware of that very well, I have a potato gaming pc.

I don't think there's a new version released already. There's a preview of the next enemy, nothing said about a release.
There are, they just appear during the sex animations or, in the case of the huntress, during one of her attacks or when she's knocked out.
doesnt show for me

1.60 star(s) 44 Votes