Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
How 'bout that? Didn't see this coming at all. There goes plans to relax and grill some grub on the back deck this evening. I'll start the DL... I'm still at the cabin in the middle of nowhere so bandwidth is crappy to say the least so give me time for that too. I'll have to spend some time update the mod Core too since it's been a long time and new features have been added in the last year.
Nice to know you're already on the ball. Good luck with all of the "does this work with the new version" posts in the meantime =p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well... there's been some changes for sure. I'm about to dig in and see what's what but the menu system has changed:
1716598582779.png
Steam ain't gonna be too happy about that Patreon icon being there... just sayin'.

Edit: We're ok regarding the UI... just the Main Menu image was changed (other than adding the Steam hotspot).

Last edited:

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Well while you update the mod I think I'm gonna go trough my favorite path in the old version while I wait,You know to past the time as it were.

Reactions: _Daxx_

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well while you update the mod I think I'm gonna go trough my favorite path in the old version while I wait,You know to past the time as it were.
I might be able to bundle the (now just finished) pre-ported scripts for Ch1-4 since there's some changes. Nothing too drastic but they are there nonetheless. Problem is there's one new "SadieRelationship" set to False in an old choice that wasn't there before... and that is coded via the mod directly.

I'll fire up the new VN in just a few minutes now that I'm ported over... hopefully nothing explodes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now I'll get the mod's Core up to date. I'm thinking I'll implement the latest SM AutoSave (the page 69+) feature since it's been a year and I know I'd want to play from the start again personally. This way I can separate saves per Chapter and possibly paths as well. Just a quick thought.

BTW: Old saves rollback like a little bitch... all of 'em that I've tried. Some fail but I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I made a post in the VN's thread here to attempt to figure out if this is occurring with others as well. No one has reported any massive rollbacks or rollback errors but I've already isolated the issue to the new update's RPYC files so I'm confident I can't be alone in this regard.

If I am correct I can resolve it in the mod update and ALL of your old saves will work once again... I just need to figure out how widespread this issue may or may not be first.

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
I made a post in the VN's thread here to attempt to figure out if this is occurring with others as well. No one has reported any massive rollbacks or rollback errors but I've already isolated the issue to the new update's RPYC files so I'm confident I can't be alone in this regard.

If I am correct I can resolve it in the mod update and ALL of your old saves will work once again... I just need to figure out how widespread this issue may or may not be first.
In Sancho we trust.

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
How 'bout that? Didn't see this coming at all. There goes plans to relax and grill some grub on the back deck this evening. I'll start the DL... I'm still at the cabin in the middle of nowhere so bandwidth is crappy to say the least so give me time for that too. I'll have to spend some time update the mod Core too since it's been a long time and new features have been added in the last year.
You could have taken a break I wouldn't have judged you for it. Those who complain you can safely ignore because they're completely irrelevant.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm now fully updated on the latest mod Core v7b and have fully populated SanchoGallery (63 total scenes):
1716614591685.png
I'll have to go through and search the new scenes for any "Heidi Cuminsides" so I can code them correctly for the variant. After that I'll get the latest AutoSave sorted for Ch1-4 (yeah, I'm delaying coding each replay scene "type"... that can wait till near the end of the mod update process). Of course I still have the new content to process as well.

I don't know how far I'll get since it's past midnight here now and I'd like to get a nap for 3-4 hours before tackling the update again. I have a bit more gas in the tank but not much.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, the dev team seems to have gone out of there way (in at least Ch5) to not have the in-game music play during scene replays. I'm going through each one and there will be audio in SanchoGallery. I haven't checked Ch1-4, hopefully I don't have to recode all those.

JumboSalami

Apr 1, 2023
BTW, the dev team seems to have gone out of there way (in at least Ch5) to not have the in-game music play during scene replays. I'm going through each one and there will be audio in SanchoGallery. I haven't checked Ch1-4, hopefully I don't have to recode all those.
Appreciate all your hard work.

Reactions: Belly97 and Wlms
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes