Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I had a save where I had the Maddie threesome (and creampie) and after playing my "clean" Zenda save, I skipped through that "dirty" one. There wasn't a single bit of changed dialogue (edit= in chapter 5) between the two. So it appears that beyond personal feelings of the player, nothing you do with Maddie makes the blindest bit of difference (which is odd considering there's a specific "Cum in Maddie" counter in the game stats).
Pretty much exactly what I did and saw ... just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

pitao

May 18, 2023
This is probably nothing to do with the mod (and I'm not gonna check in an unmodded game one) and it doesn't seem an issue unless someone only plays this particular HeidiSadie path and not any other path including Heidi, but anyone else notice (searched about it here and on game thread, saw nothing that could be this little issue mentioned) that on HeidiSadie path the dance competition scene in chapter 4 gets cut right after the MC and Heidi finish the dance and moves to the next scene with the MC Heidi and Sadie in the gym, it misses the part where they announce the winner(s) of the dance competition. I double check in my saves of HeidiSolo HeidiAthena HAM and MASH and all of them give the full dance competition scene, only HeidiSadie doesn't give the full scene.

I attach last screen of the dance competition scene I get in HeidiSadie path and the last screen on other (Heidi) paths (winning the competition).

screenshot0001.png screenshot0003.png

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
This is probably nothing to do with the mod (and I'm not gonna check in an unmodded game one) and it doesn't seem an issue unless someone only plays this particular HeidiSadie path and not any other path including Heidi, but anyone else notice (searched about it here and on game thread, saw nothing that could be this little issue mentioned) that on HeidiSadie path the dance competition scene in chapter 4 gets cut right after the MC and Heidi finish the dance and moves to the next scene with the MC Heidi and Sadie in the gym, it misses the part where they announce the winner(s) of the dance competition. I double check in my saves of HeidiSolo HeidiAthena HAM and MASH and all of them give the full dance competition scene, only HeidiSadie doesn't give the full scene.

I attach last screen of the dance competition scene I get in HeidiSadie path and the last screen on other (Heidi) paths (winning the competition).

View attachment 3692552 View attachment 3692569
Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird. I'd previously played it and come second, and first on another save. Both of these were my original saves where I did what Heidi said and didn't cum inside her. To get the full Ch5 ending, I replayed a couple of paths where I did cum inside, and that might have been why I then saw it skip the winners' announcement. No idea why it would be any different, but I think that's what I was doing when I saw it - I only noticed because I had previously seen that scene.

Reactions: pitao

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

View attachment 3692552 View attachment 3692569
Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird. I'd previously played it and come second, and first on another save. Both of these were my original saves where I did what Heidi said and didn't cum inside her. To get the full Ch5 ending, I replayed a couple of paths where I did cum inside, and that might have been why I then saw it skip the winners' announcement. No idea why it would be any different, but I think that's what I was doing when I saw it - I only noticed because I had previously seen that scene.
Winter City Dance Competition ending: There's several dialogue variants/conclusions with two of them being Heidi/MC declared winners (actually seeing the trophy image above).

Because of the complexity, allow me to address what is required to see the trophy rather than dissect each possible outcome (I'm on my first cup of coffee at 0300hrs so cut me some slack :ROFLMAO:).

Win Variant 1: Req - Path(HE Solo), HeidiLove(19+)
Win Variant 2: Req - Path(HA) or Path(MASH) or Path(HAM), HeidiLove(19+)

All other paths/relps get alternatives.

Otherwise, yeah, I'm up way too early this morning... it happens sometimes. Regards.

Reactions: Elhemeer and pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
Winter City Dance Competition ending: There's several dialogue variants/conclusions with two of them being Heidi/MC declared winners (actually seeing the trophy image above).

Because of the complexity, allow me to address what is required to see the trophy rather than dissect each possible outcome (I'm on my first cup of coffee at 0300hrs so cut me some slack :ROFLMAO:).

Win Variant 1: Req - Path(HE Solo), HeidiLove(19+)
Win Variant 2: Req - Path(HA) or Path(MASH) or Path(HAM), HeidiLove(19+)

All other paths/relps get alternatives.

Otherwise, yeah, I'm up way too early this morning... it happens sometimes. Regards.
I understand this, not talking about variants. The conditions were the same (heidi in all of them had 19 love points at the start of the scene). Only on HS path the scene is abruptly cut "mid" way. You don't see the last act of the scene where they announce the winners too, it is plenty of renders/dialogue and not just 1 or 2 of them hehe I don't even know how I notice because I was skipping and it stop at the beginning of the next scene with MC/Heidi/Saidi in the gym (that was renders/dialogue I didn't seen before that is why it stopped there) but thought something was weird on the skipping transition. For me this is a "tiny" bug because you don't actually know/watch if you win or not.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I understand this, not talking about variants. The conditions were the same (heidi in all of them had 19 love points at the start of the scene). Only on HS path the scene is abruptly cut "mid" way. You don't see the last act of the scene where they announce the winners too, it is plenty of renders/dialogue and not just 1 or 2 of them hehe I don't even know how I notice because I was skipping and it stop at the beginning of the next scene with MC/Heidi/Saidi in the gym (that was renders/dialogue I didn't seen before that is why it stopped there) but thought something was weird on the skipping transition. For me this is a "tiny" bug because you don't actually know/watch if you win or not.
Well... tbh we are talking about variants in this case. Bear with me a second and allow me to explain in a bit more detail: Again, the way that scene is coded by the dev team, if you are NOT on one of those routes I wrote in Variant 1 or 2 (for example, if you on the HS route) then the scene will stop with Heidi saying "Wow!" at the end of the dance routine.

I agree that the "didn't win first walking to the elevator" scene should play if on the HS (HeidiSadie) route but it doesn't... I assume this is what path you are on since the scene appears to be "broken" before any winners are announced at all. The devs didn't take into account the Player might be on the HS pathing in this scene. This is likely the "bug" you're noticing.

If you are not currently on the HS route and experiencing this "break" in the scene let me know since I can find no other way it cuts off (this early in the morning). :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Belly97 and pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
Well... tbh we are talking about variants in this case. Bear with me a second and allow me to explain in a bit more detail: Again, the way that scene is coded by the dev team, if you are NOT on one of those routes I wrote in Variant 1 or 2 (for example, if you on the HS route) then the scene will stop with Heidi saying "Wow!" at the end of the dance routine.

I agree that the "didn't win first walking to the elevator" scene should play if on the HS (HeidiSadie) route but it doesn't... I assume this is what path you are on since the scene appears to be "broken" before any winners are announced at all. The devs didn't take into account the Player might be on the HS pathing in this scene. This is likely the "bug" you're noticing.

If you are not currently on the HS route and experiencing this "break" in the scene let me know since I can find no other way it cuts off (this early in the morning). :ROFLMAO:
Oh ok it is just a minor issue in that particular path I thought to point out, doesn't break anything in the game, just leaves something unfinished (not knowing if win the competition or not, seemed a waste of scene cut like that lol) for someone that only plays the HS path hahaha Until that point I already had played all Heidi paths (only ones I saw the scene) except HAM 4th chapter, so before I came post here I made a quick run in HAM to check if saw all the scene or not and it does give all the scene. I play all the 11 paths chapter by chapter so already had HAM save on the start of chapter 4.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
just leaves something unfinished (not knowing if win the competition or not, seemed a waste of scene cut like that lol) for someone that only plays the HS path
Indeed. I'm confident this exclusion of the HS path was not intended by the devs. It's an easy fix but I didn't have any collaboration at all with the dev team for this update, so I didn't want to assume to change anything that would alter how scenes play out. That said I can see a future with the devs releasing a "final" update for Ch5 with that and other grammatical fixes... we'll see.

Reactions: pitao

GrOzZz

Jun 4, 2017
Sancho1969, I want to thank you for your work. When I play a game and see that you have made a mod for it, I exclusively use yours. It's evident how much effort you put into it. Thanks again.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I'm having an issue since the mod's gallery doesn't show up in any of the menus and the main gallery is still unlocked. This is from a fresh install of both game and mod. Has this been observed before?

BTW many thanks for your work on this and your other mods.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm having an issue since the mod's gallery doesn't show up in any of the menus and the main gallery is still unlocked. This is from a fresh install of both game and mod. Has this been observed before?

The mod gallery should show up in the main menu under the Sancho tab. You can't find it anywhere else. The regular gallery should only be unlocked if you did the deeds.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

To add to the above post and to add a visual, in every single SanchoMod currently made public on any VN, the game menu's "SanchoMod" button is dual-purposed. While not in-game, the gateway to the mod's feature summary and SanchoGallery access (note that the SanchoGallery button will shake and flash to get your attention). Otherwise (if in-game) the "SanchoMod" button gives access to the largest of the SanchoStat screens:

While not in-game play (Main Menu access):
1717414066463.png

While in-game (while currently in a playthrough):
1717414147844.png

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I just started this game. But I've a graphics question.
The neckline of Sadie's sweater is unnatural.
I thought that's something unavoidable in graphic software.
But than I saw the neckline of Mora's top. There is cleavage as you would expect.
Why does Sadie don't have such neckline?
I've put a picture of what I aspected with neckline of Sadie.
But probaly asking too much, sorry :-(
I often see this too, and it's a bit weird. This is a question for the game thread (here) though, rather than the mod thread. Have fun on your fantastic voyage through this game!

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes