Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW: I’m currently in a power outage due to this afternoon’s storms. I can barely type on this damn phone so my assistance is very limited right now.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
BTW: I’m currently in a power outage due to this afternoon’s storms. I can barely type on this damn phone so my assistance is very limited right now.
You getting rocked down in Houston? Texas has been getting pummeled this week. My little town outside of Dallas has power because the town has its own power company but nearby Caddo Mills is having outages too.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You getting rocked down in Houston? Texas has been getting pummeled this week. My little town outside of Dallas has power because the town has its own power company but nearby Caddo Mills is having outages too.
Currently in East TX in the middle of the forest. Weather’s been a little bitch for over a year. Abnormal deep freezes in winter, monsoons in spring, and droughts in summer.
IMG_2068.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Twistty

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Currently in East TX in the middle of the forest. Weather’s been a little bitch for over a year. Abnormal deep freezes in winter, monsoons in spring, and droughts in summer.
I'm in East Texas myself and you're right I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the weather this year. Texas weather has always been a joke but this year the forecast has been useless.
91 outside while it's storming and I have a chest cold. My world is upside down lol.

EDIT: I guess it's cooler today.

p1n3@5573

Feb 6, 2023
I am trying to do mash path, all (4 of them) the girls paths are set to true, but current ending says SadieSolo, i imagine that will change later, or did i f-up somewhere?

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I am trying to do mash path, all (4 of them) the girls paths are set to true, but current ending says SadieSolo, i imagine that will change later, or did i f-up somewhere?
Depending on where you are in the game, it could be okay. I noticed when I did a quick rerun of Ch1-4 for the MASH path that after I was all set up it would say the current ending was SadieSolo, then it changed to AthenaSolo for a bit, but it did end up on MASH.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You F'd something up if you're far enough in the game ... did you have enough points with all the girls when you invited Mora in when she delivered pizza? You should be that far at least I suppose ...

Edit: Then again, maybe not ...
Depending on where you are in the game, it could be okay. I noticed when I did a quick rerun of Ch1-4 for the MASH path that after I was all set up it would say the current ending was SadieSolo, then it changed to AthenaSolo for a bit, but it did end up on MASH.

p1n3@5573

Feb 6, 2023
Ok, ill see i guess
I am at the point where you have coffee with Sadie, and accept or reject her

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Ok, ill see i guess
I am at the point where you have coffee with Sadie, and accept or reject her
I just did a quick run to check. The "Current Ending" on the MiniStat for the MASH path reads like this for me:
AthenaHeidi - After "Keep going" once Mora leaves on pizza/movie night​
SadieSolo - When you choose "Yes" to "Do you want to be with Sadie" before the coffee date​
MoraSolo - When you tell Mora's ex that you love Mora​
AthenaSolo - When you tell Athena that you're together as far as you're concerned (dialogue only, not a choice)​
SadieSolo - Start of Chapter4 - no apparent trigger​
MASH - When you confirm to the girls that you and Sadie are together​

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just did a quick run to check. The "Current Ending" on the MiniStat for the MASH path reads like this for me:
AthenaHeidi - After "Keep going" once Mora leaves on pizza/movie night​
SadieSolo - When you choose "Yes" to "Do you want to be with Sadie" before the coffee date​
MoraSolo - When you tell Mora's ex that you love Mora​
AthenaSolo - When you tell Athena that you're together as far as you're concerned (dialogue only, not a choice)​
SadieSolo - Start of Chapter4 - no apparent trigger​
MASH - When you confirm to the girls that you and Sadie are together​
Ok, cool, tnx
Just a quick FYI: Please note regarding the "Current Ending" info in the MiniStat (it dynamically changes over time but it can only display one possible ending, not all of them at once):
Note that it works fine from the get-go but since it can only display one potential ending, the early game when more than one potential exists has to be taken with a grain of salt. From Ch4 on the ending possibilities get narrowed down dramatically so the accuracy gets better over time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So i tried change variables in the end of episode 4 to see all endings without replaying all game, but it change nothing. Question is am i doing something wrong or does something doesn't work properly? Thanks in advance.
Changed the variables how? If via SanchoCheats then no, that won't get you anywhere past mid-game (pre Ch4 or so). I originally coded in a CriticalPath screen (found in some of my other mods) at the end of Ch4 so folks could toggle-change through all endings and it worked perfect... until I realized it's just too cheezy imho.

Personal opinion: If a VN is mediocre at best then I'd likely do it with zero weight on my conscience. But when a VN is as good and adored by this many fans I'd be doing the playerbase a disservice by cheezing a one-button cheat. The whole point and fun of the VN is to experience the whole story of each specific path... not just see what happens at the end. That's like finally seeing a movie you've waited so long to see and then just fast-forwading to the end to see what happens without even watching it in context. Again, personal opinion. Thoughts are welcomed and I'll certainly take them under advisement.

Regards.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
so is this truly over? or is there more to come? say like a bare witness 2?
Alter Worlds have said they're not going to make a sequel ... at least not at this time. All their games will, however, take place in alternate realities of the same world (?), so expect to see characters from Bare Witness in their next game: Heaven's Door -- but not the SAME characters.

Reactions: bigfuckinE

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
Alter Worlds have said they're not going to make a sequel ... at least not at this time. All their games will, however, take place in alternate realities of the same world (?), so expect to see characters from Bare Witness in their next game: Heaven's Door -- but not the SAME characters.
interesting. thanks for the info and quick response!

Esgee

Aug 13, 2022
Hey, for some reason CH5 gallery scenes are not part of the filter when filtered by girl's name. Not sure if it was mentioned here.

Reactions: pitao

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, for some reason CH5 gallery scenes are not part of the filter when filtered by girl's name. Not sure if it was mentioned here.
Nope, first time mentioned and first time I see that I apparently forgot those edits. I did code the scene types though for what it's worth :ROFLMAO:. I'll sort that and make it a part of a pending Maintenance Update. If no other issues are found by this weekend (or before) then I'll push it out with just that giving you credit for finding my horrendous and almost unforgivable mistake. (j/k, I sincerely appreciate you letting me know in all seriousness bud)

• Haha
Reactions: pitao

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Changelog:
  • Resolved issue with SanchoGallery not filtering the Characters for Ch5 scenes. Thanks to Esgee for reporting my oversight.
Simply download and reinstall over existing SanchoMod installation, overwriting as requested.

Regards.

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
Hi, I don't know where I'm going wrong here. Trying for the Heidi/Sadie path. I got the Halloween scene with both but it went south somewhere because when I get to the part where the witsec picks them up it's just Sadie solo from there. I tried a couple different things but both times it has gone from your evening with Heidi and Athena to the witsec pickup and Sadie solo like in that "sleep" I've completely forgotten that they are also my GF's! Is it a complete Heidi/Sadie trio run? I've tried cutting different LI's to get the right mix but Athena is pretty much a given with Heidi or at least should be. Yes I got the 5some ending. Been at this for a few days trying to get all the endings and figure out how to get what! I hated myself when I broke-up with all 4 to be with Zenda but she is apparently a solo run regardless. Sorry off topic! Sadie and Heidi; give me a clue what to do to get the couple or thrupple ending with Sadie please?

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Hi, I don't know where I'm going wrong here. Trying for the Heidi/Sadie path. I got the Halloween scene with both but it went south somewhere because when I get to the part where the witsec picks them up it's just Sadie solo from there. I tried a couple different things but both times it has gone from your evening with Heidi and Athena to the witsec pickup and Sadie solo like in that "sleep" I've completely forgotten that they are also my GF's! Is it a complete Heidi/Sadie trio run? I've tried cutting different LI's to get the right mix but Athena is pretty much a given with Heidi or at least should be. Yes I got the 5some ending. Been at this for a few days trying to get all the endings and figure out how to get what! I hated myself when I broke-up with all 4 to be with Zenda but she is apparently a solo run regardless. Sorry off topic! Sadie and Heidi; give me a clue what to do to get the couple or thrupple ending with Sadie please?
In the Halloween scene, what happened? You need the right amount (15?) of Heidi points to make it work. If Heidi joined in and you ended up lying in the bed with both girls, I think it should be fine from there onwards. Otherwise, if you haven't crossed the points threshold, one of the girls (or both?) will tell you to stuff it and walk off.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes