Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I'll happily wait until Sancho releases his mod, I refuse to use any others, had too many saves borked or broken installs. Never had one issue with Sancho's
The other mod maker for this game is jokerleader and he's solid. Never had an issue with one of his mods that wasn't a mistake on my part(like he had 2 versions of his mod and I was using one and then downloaded the wrong version for the latest vn update which borked my saves). And he's super timely. Like 95% of the time he drops the mod within an hour of the update drop, 99% of the time within 2 hours.

But I checked his patreon(his mod is freely downloadable on his patreon) and no mention of bugfixes, just the choice guide, so I'll wait for sanchos bugfixed multimod.

Reactions: Belly97 and Issikka

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay... progress update:

I don't have an true time estimate just yet, but I'm close.

I have some minor MiniStat work left, a shit-ton of code cleanup, and .... nothing else I can think of really unless I find something in the haystack while doing that.

Here's the final tease going into Ch5 with all previous chapters 100% complete regarding my recode work (and yes, I've already gone through all of the SanchoGallery scenes and defined each one by Type for that feature):
1716767406275.png 1716767425391.png

It's almost 1700hrs here now. I want to make the call that tonight shouldn't be a problem but I know if I do that too early it'll bite me in the ass. So, let's leave it at that until I'm physically building the retail distribution.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And he's super timely. Like 95% of the time he drops the mod within an hour of the update drop, 99% of the time within 2 hours.
Joker's a friend of mine but there's a huge reason he can pump out content updates quickly... feature sets. That's why neither of us steps on the other's toes... we both have our niche of fans, it all depends on what a Player seeks. But, regarding complex VN's like this one I'm certain he'll agree that there's only so much static guide he can write... complex VN's demand dynamically changing guides to be accurate/detailed. So it just depends on how far down the rabbit hole one wants/needs to go.

I'm not saying anything is better or worse, just pointing out we are not comparing apples to apple here. I doubt anyone would disagree tbh. Just sayin'.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
The other mod maker for this game is jokerleader and he's solid. Never had an issue with one of his mods that wasn't a mistake on my part(like he had 2 versions of his mod and I was using one and then downloaded the wrong version for the latest vn update which borked my saves). And he's super timely. Like 95% of the time he drops the mod within an hour of the update drop, 99% of the time within 2 hours.

But I checked his patreon(his mod is freely downloadable on his patreon) and no mention of bugfixes, just the choice guide, so I'll wait for sanchos bugfixed multimod.
Not that it super matters but I used it on CH 5 and just cannot get the MASH path to trigger. Gave up with it and now will just wait for this one.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Joker's a friend of mine but there's a huge reason he can pump out content updates quickly... feature sets. That's why neither of us steps on the other's toes... we both have our niche of fans, it all depends on what a Player seeks. But, regarding complex VN's like this one I'm certain he'll agree that there's only so much static guide he can write... complex VN's demand dynamically changing guides to be accurate/detailed. So it just depends on how far down the rabbit hole one wants/needs to go.

I'm not saying anything is better or worse, just pointing out we are not comparing apples to apple here. I doubt anyone would disagree tbh. Just sayin'.
Yeah you're both putting out quality WT mods. Yours, Joker's and (RIP man) ashram's are(were) my go to for every game it's available

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah you're both putting out quality WT mods. Yours, Joker's and (RIP man) ashram's are(were) my go to for every game it's available
Koga. Koga's real good and like joker extemely fucking timely. More of a within 4 hours of an update but still(and every time he says sorry guys I'm busy and gonna be longer this and that's never fucking true, inevitably within 2 hours, here you go guys I did end up getting it done in the usual timeframe).

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018

I would disagree actually. Not saying you're wrong, just that you're forgetting we(the mod users) have a completely different perspective than you do. We have no idea the difference between the mods. You know what goes on on the back end, but to us, a choice guide is a choice guide. Clearly yours is a more complex multi mod but the difference on the coding side of things? How the fuck would I know?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I would disagree actually. Not saying you're wrong, just that you're forgetting we(the mod users) have a completely different perspective than you do. We have no idea the difference between the mods. You know what goes on on the back end, but to us, a choice guide. Clearly yours is a more complex multi mod but the difference on the coding side of things? How the fuck would I know?
No, I'm not talking about coding specifically, you didn't read the (or missed) the first sentence of my post bud:
feature sets
In other words the sheer amount of features that all all a part of the update as well, adding to the time to complete exponentially.

Reactions: Issikka and Belly97

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
NOTE

Okay, a last minute QOL "feature"... In the stat screens I'll populate what the current ending the Player is on. It will change in realtime if on previous Chapters and new choices are made. Here's an example on a black background so it's easier for you to see in a pic in a post:
1716770503655.png

I need to confirm how far back in the story I can use it though... hopefully from the start. Will know in a few minutes.
Edit: Note that it works fine from the get-go but since it can only display one potential ending, the early game when more than one potential exists has to be taken with a grain of salt. From Ch4 on the ending possibilities get narrowed down dramatically so the accuracy gets better over time.

Last edited:

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022

in the cases where you and one of the other modders have competing mods, i'm usually happy to wait for a SanchoMod. the features are great, but its the 'extra' you put into the W/T part. I like the humor that sometimes get added most.

that said I appreciate all the modders regardless of skill or features, its still 100% more skill than mine.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
No, I'm not talking about coding specifically, you didn't read the (or missed) the first sentence of my post bud:
I did not. I actually do know coding, 25 years ago I majored in comp sci, and 20 years ago I was a coder for the OLGC and I kinda figured feature sets was like a more modern term for pre-coded modules, what we used to call coding templates 20 years ago. My terminology is after all 2 decades out of date.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did not. I actually do know coding, 25 years ago I majored in comp sci, and 20 years ago I was a coder for the OLGC and I kinda figured feature sets was like a more modern term for pre-coded modules, what we used to call coding templates 20 years ago. My terminology is after all 2 decades out of date.
No man... feature sets as in the amount of features the product has in it. That's all I ever meant from my initial post. I didn't ever imply anything regarding code modules. Make sense now?

Reactions: Belly97

pitao

May 18, 2023
I'll happily wait until Sancho releases his mod, I refuse to use any others, had too many saves borked or broken installs. Never had one issue with Sancho's
Koga's real good and like joker extemely fucking timely. More of a within 4 hours of an update but still(and every time he says sorry guys I'm busy and gonna be longer this and that's never fucking true, inevitably within 2 hours, here you go guys I did end up getting it done in the usual timeframe).
I tried various WT and multi mods in games on this site, Sancho LightmanP JokerLeader KoGa3 scrappy Zoeys Lains Shaddy RiamMar MurrayMods Shawns AdanGC probably were the most recurrent.
On an user perspective my favorites because they give more flexibility of options (on/off features and more information) are without a doubt Sancho LightmanP KoGa3 RiamMar scrappy in this order of preference. Lains were very nice mostly on the few sandbox games I played, usually I avoid them like the plague unless ratings and reviews change my mind and I try them. Joker and Zoeys are most of them only WT mods sometimes with just a few more features and I only use them if no other option, not that they are bad, just prefer more flexibility, even though I had some troubles before with Joker mod(s) on saves after games updates, most the time bring the mod update too fast will mean that wasn't tested properly imho.

But most importantly I'm very grateful (as all we should be) for all this Modders put their time and effort so we have a much smoother playthroughs and gameplay improvement. So I'll (also happily) wait patiently this mod and meanwhile I'm doing a 2nd playthough(s) of another game with Sancho mod, did the 1st with another mod because wasn't aware there was an epic Sancho mod for it because it wasn't in the game OP :LOL:

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes