Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... GM. Pot just finished brewing (it's ~0500hrs here now) and just making a quick post that I'll be back to work as soon as I finish this sentence and go grab my first (much needed) cup. Progress update post later, coffee now.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
As i never played Bare Witness bebore, i thought i would start playing the v.4, before you update the mod. Is there any place i could download the mod for the previous version?

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Not updated yet! Please read the front page that says " NOTE 05/24/2024: I'm currently updating to 1.0 " and also says " Links pulled while I update the mod to eliminate confusion"
Could as well talk to a Brickwall as it's listening just as well as those who asks these Questions. Reading on a Text based Website is overrated nowadays, they need Pictures to understand. :whistle:

Scorn.

Jun 29, 2022
Sancho to the rescue with the best mods on here yet again. Love your work brother, take it easy and take as much time as you need. Thanks for always giving us quallity.

Reactions: Punto

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
Can I use this mod for the latest version of the game?? I'm starting from new
If you are starting a new, like i did, you cant use the posted mod for the latest version, but you can download the chapter 4, if you find it (it took me a bit), version and use that mod for it. Then you just play the chapter 4, before Sancho updates the mod. After that you can download the chapter 5 and the new mod and continue there.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Non-essential reading material. "Bare Witness" pathing discussion for deep-dive Players and why the mod's stat screens appear to have conflicting information.

Disclosure: This post contains some spoilers which will be hidden as needed. It's designed for informational purposes and not opinion so use it for reference later as/if desired. While I work during an update I jot down a few sentences here and there via a journal that I later use to combine and create posts such as these. This is a consolidation of "pathing" details I started putting together Friday night when starting this mod update. Decided it was time to take a small break and push this out.

Let's talk about "paths" (as briefly as I can) so we all are on the same page with the way this VN is (and always has been) coded by the dev team. I'm doing this for everyone but I certainly want hardcore Players such as my friend ThorinKing, for example, to see this later (to be very clear: I'm not calling you out buddy, I have ~2 dozens friends on this site that also challenge both a dev's logic and mine when things are "wonky" and I embrace it, I am the same exact way). These hardcore players tend to delve deep into particulars (as they should imo) while playing an AVN and are critical of why things happen and why they don't. Hopefully this post will eliminate a some technical questions and give some insight regarding what's going on behind the curtain in these complex VNs.

I'll place in a spoiler since it's a wall of text but I feel it will benefit many folks to wrap their heads around some of the core basics of how the dev team worked the VN behind the scenes and it's mechanics (as I'll attempt to describe in layman's terms for this posts' purposes).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is only one example of the many places where these different pathing variables change... and why I include them in the stat screens even though it appears to be bloat. It's also why it takes so long for me to update these types of VNs due to the need to expand on all or most of the previous choices that weigh on new ones.

I hope this long-ass post helps give some insight on what goes on behind the scenes of these complex VN's. This is why most mods available simply fall flat... they simply can't adapt dynamically to all the changes going on in the dev's code. That's always been the advantage of me spending so much time doing what I do... being the only mod for AVNs on the planet that dynamically changes during in-game play. But the cost is massive time and effort... and why I can hardly ever give timelines of when an update will be "done" while I'm working on them.

I'll continue this post later with more details.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you are starting a new, like i did, you cant use the posted mod for the latest version, but you can download the chapter 4, if you find it (it took me a bit), version and use that mod for it. Then you just play the chapter 4, before Sancho updates the mod. After that you can download the chapter 5 and the new mod and continue there.
NOT recommended. There's a reason it's taking me so long to push out this update. If you want the best experience and you are going with your theory posted then I highly suggest at least replaying the VN with the pending update. The amount of information I'm adding to the ChoiceGuide, Stat screens, etc. will certainly provide a much improved experience.

But, you do you bud.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
NOT recommended. There's a reason it's taking me so long to push out this update. If you want the best experience and you are going with your theory posted then I highly suggest at least replaying the VN with the pending update. The amount of information I'm adding to the ChoiceGuide, Stat screens, etc. will certainly provide a much improved experience.

But, you do you bud.
Oh, well i was going in the thought that when playing the previous version its ok to use the prevous mod, like its normal, unless the author of the game makes big changes in the game.
Are you saying there are so many changes in the 5 chapter, that its better to play the game from the beginning (and as i see your prevous post about the update of the mod, it looks like it)? In that case ok, i will play something else before you update the mod. I really dont like to play games over and over again. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Belly97

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
Oh, well i was going in the thought that when playing the previous version its ok to use the prevous mod, like its normal, unless the author of the game makes big changes in the game.
Are you saying there are so many changes in the 5 chapter, that its better to play the game from the beginning (and as i see your prevous post about the update of the mod, it looks like it)? In that case ok, i will play something else before you update the mod. I really dont like to play games over and over again. Thanks for the heads up.
I may be completely wrong about this, but I think why Sancho said to wait is because some routes have VERY specific requirements or consequences, and he is working on the mod so that they are more apparent on what you get yourself into and gets easier to follow.

Reactions: Belly97
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes