Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, well i was going in the thought that when playing the previous version its ok to use the prevous mod, like its normal, unless the author of the game makes big changes in the game.
Are you saying there are so many changes in the 5 chapter, that its better to play the game from the beginning (and as i see your prevous post about the update of the mod, it looks like it)? In that case ok, i will play something else before you update the mod. I really dont like to play games over and over again. Thanks for the heads up.
(to the highlighted bit above) That's a loaded question. You don't HAVE to replay the VN if one has played it before, but understand that it's been a whole year since the VN has been in it's final update period. So yes, the dev team made many changes (none that broke the game) and now I'm making massive changes.

Again, you do you, but if the dev team gets an entire year then I reckon waiting a bit for me to do my part is minimal of patience and will pay dividends... especially if you've never played the VN before.

It's just my recommendation though, the overall experience won't be a shit show either way but the improvements are worth it imho.

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
I may be completely wrong about this, but I think why Sancho said to wait is because some routes have VERY specific requirements or consequences, and he is working on the mod so that they are more apparent on what you get yourself into and gets easier to follow.
I can get into that. I know this game is not classic harem, where you can get all the girls, and i did have some preferences already, when i looked at the girls. :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I can get into that. I know this game is not classic harem, where you can get all the girls, and i did have some preferences already, when i looked at the girls. :D
To not spoil to much (since I don't think you've played the VN before) you can get a select group (predetermined) of 2, 3, or 4 specific LIs... or a solo with any of them. 2 of the LIs are exclusive only (solo), no groups. There's also a couple of side LIs just to spice things up but one of 'em can fuck up your relationship with a main LI if pushed too far.

I don't want to hint at more... it's more fun going in blind imo, so be careful regarding the posts you read bud... there's spoilers in both this and the VN's thread.

DWYA8888

Jul 18, 2022
I don't want to hint at more... it's more fun going in blind imo, so be careful regarding the posts you read bud... there's spoilers in both this and the VN's thread.
Hi! Why you delete mod? When you be upload new version? Just confusion :cry:

Couatl

Dec 5, 2018
Sancho1969 is there a way you can put a feature that will help players select a specific path. Like the Heidi/Athena/Mora/Sadie path that seems to be tricky to get on.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 is there a way you can put a feature that will help players select a specific path. Like the Heidi/Athena/Mora/Sadie path that seems to be tricky to get on.
That route is specifically "MashedPotatoes" (a.k.a. "MASH"). Most of what I've been doing is expanding and embellishing the ChoiceGuide. It will guide you bud. I just have to finish it all up and get it out public.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That route is specifically "MashedPotatoes" (a.k.a. "MASH"). Most of what I've been doing is expanding and embellishing the ChoiceGuide. It will guide you bud. I just have to finish it all up and get it out public.
To expand on the answer to your request, see the post I made in the VN's thread here yesterday. That'll give you that exact pathing fork (when it happens) with different scenarios and how the ChoiceGuide changes to let you know what is required if you don't have it. It won't look quite the same now as I have polished it up more and the font colors are correct, etc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, I've seen all the brisket comments today. I'm not ignoring them. I'll answer all those Q's later, right now the project update is priority so I'm trying to spend my time (and concentration) efficient. Again, thank you all for the motivational support (except the few folks who can't/won't read a few posts before dropping a post: "Are we there yet? Why mod not listed? Why?". You know who they are (they won't read this post either :ROFLMAO: )

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, I've seen all the brisket comments today. I'm not ignoring them. I'll answer all those Q's later, right now the project update is priority so I'm trying to spend my time (and concentration) efficient. Again, thank you all for the motivational support (except the few folks who can't/won't read a few posts before dropping a post: "Are we there yet? Why mod not listed? Why?". You know who they are (they won't read this post either :ROFLMAO: )
Couldn't resist. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Want some amphetamines ? :KEK:
This MiniStat choreography code is such a grind.

There's so many scene transitions.... "scene black" is in this VN no less than 1,012 times.... a damn thousand! 571 of them are in Ch5 but I know I get lucky there and can keep the MiniStat closed for a ton of full scenes (due to being either lewd or for dramatic effect of endings).

I'm still at it though. I also see I have no less than 3 PM's from other dev teams I haven't even looked at yet.... I can already guess what they say... more updates are coming soon. Busy beavers.

Anyway, just letting folks know I haven't stopped but only periodically for less than less than 5mins per hour to keep an eye on the pit. I have spotify craned to 11 so at least I'm entertained. Back to it.
goes to eleven.gif

Reactions: Sancho1969
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes