gubl

May 31, 2018
So the Penketh region produces 400-500 bushels of grain "in a good year". One bushel of grain produces 60 pounds of whole wheat flour with modern technology (conserving 100% of the edible parts of the grain). One pound of whole wheat flour produces 1 medium sized loaf of whole wheat bread. There's about 1300-1400 calories in a medium loaf of whole wheat bread. Ancient military personnel were probably provided with a minimum of 2500 calories per day just to maintain an acceptable physique (for comparison, American military personnel eat 3750 calories per day). So ancient soldiers eat about 2 loaves of bread per day which is 60 per a month, the equivalent of a bushel of grain. That means they each need 12 bushels of grain per year. Since Penketh only gives 100 bushels to County troops per year, they're only supplying 8 soldiers for a year's "march", or 32 soldiers for an extremely shorts 3 month's "march". And then the other 400 bushels can only support 80 civilians year round if they only eat 1000 calories from flour per day. And over half of those bushels are allegedly traded to other settlements, meaning only 30-40 civilians, out of the 2000 in the city, are eating food, on a generous estimate using modern technology to mill the grain and assuming they're eating just enough bread to stay alive. Immersion ruined.
if your calculations are correct, and I hope they are ;), it means sir Patrick can ass-sard (game wording) half of old world represented in the game. I would call it ass-sard tax.

• Haha
Reactions: Dexco

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Dreaming is free, but this great game still has a minimum of 2 years of development left.
By my own calculations, at the current speed, (After this major release it will be around 10 hours long and Chapter 2 will be half done), it's very possible it will take 2 years more, yes. (Finishing chapter 2 at firsts of 2021, finishing chapter 3 and 4 (they're shorter) during 2021, and by the end of 2022 to finish all the game. (But how long chapter 5 will be is going to depend on many factors). Of course I'm always wrong with my calculations and life happens, like "Holidays of half year long" (quarentines) with my kid all day in house.

Of course at the current speed and without more help. As much as I work on BFL right now 70-80% of the month, I have to work on other economic projects to pay the bills.

is the Android version planned ?:WaitWhat:
I'ts planned and tried. I'm no expert programmer and past month I was a week trying to make a working build, but finding technical difficulties. One day I hope to achieve it. I'll try again after next major release.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Duke Special Commission release (0.13.p1.Y)
Now Available for everyone ;)

And with this special 30's Chicago Alternative Realities Scene, I get back fully to regular schedule. I don't want to delay 0.13.Part2 more than the necesary so I'll try to make a good calculation to make a hefty update without trying to cramp too much content on it.... Rendering is always easier than coding for me, so it's easy to got too excited and try to make too many scenes :p
For now, this release, as is bit skippable by nature, will be released on Win64 only, and in next major release I'll do the appropiate MAC and extra releases in order to no take extra time on it.
Sorry it has took a pair of days more of what I wanted, but I felt quite ill for a bit of days, but there is enough days rest on the month to finish all I that I was expecting ;)

gubl

May 31, 2018
Damn how have I missed this game?

Is it any where near as cool as it looks?
When, I first spot it on this site and tried out of curiosity, it appeared to be even better than it looked at glance. If you are just starting, you will be surprised how much content is packed already, and it is not dull or bogus. Gameplay wise, while there is way to skip narrative, it is not recommended if you are playing scene first time, as you will get quickly disoriented what to do next and may feel stuck. It has branching, so you will have to make choices, and whenever you feel you choice was suboptimal, I recommend scan trough walkthrough to get sense, on what you may miss.

Some grain of salt, at times wording used in the game may get you cringe, but once used to them, it gives charm of foreign fairytale to my view.

Speaking of what it like among other titles on f95, if you tried “what a legend!” (Very new and is low on content yet) and “Fantasy valley” (quit decent and is well crafted), but BFLAR is full time action thriller, and the most mature, while other two like a very good Disney movies :)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Is there an option for less screen shake somewhere, or is that just how the scenes are? I do get motion sick quite easily
Not yet sorry but I'm planning on being able to disable some features.... If anyone is able to make unity shaders work on unscaled time just give me a call ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Govind69

May 20, 2020
hey bro you need to be player friendly to save game . i mean how can i acesss to main menu to save during conversations

Reactions: x32

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
hey bro you need to be player friendly to save game . i mean how can i acesss to main menu to save during conversations
I'm sorry, as much as player friendly as I can be generally, is incompatible with the engine I'm using :(

In future games I'll see If I code it differently.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Nekki Kami

Jun 2, 2019
Interesting Models, nice shape on some, but holy fucking SHIT!!!! Who was the Main Producer here? J.J. Abrams? LENS FLARE!!!!!

I will DL and play through, the girl climbing in the water, dropping the dress, ass looks like my wife's. She's gonna love this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SeventhVixen
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes