VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
So then the question is why should someone spend 20 dollars of their own money so you can get the game early?
thats not the question for me to answer, ask the people that pay him that. He didn't really want to start a patreon and he knows how this site works. He had to give them something so he gave them early access. Who know maybe none of them will give us a link but most of them just want to support the project.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Let's please not turn this into an argument?

Tim is kind enough to share his game with us directly after his paying Patreons get it first for a few weeks. If one of them choose to share it with us early, we will mirror it and share it like the ungrateful leech pirates we are. :)

Until then, please keep it chill on the thread, m'kay?

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
Just to let you guys know, I think most of the twenty dollar patrons here would have given Tim that much even if there wasn't a reward at all. I know, that's the case for me.

Oh, and good news. The patron pledges (at least mine did) have gone through, so Day 04 should be upon us soon (at least for the $20 patrons). I'm super hyped about this update!

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Just to let you guys know, I think most of the twenty dollar patrons here would have given Tim that much even if there wasn't a reward at all. I know, that's the case for me.

Oh, and good news. The patron pledges (at least mine did) have gone through, so Day 04 should be upon us soon (at least for the $20 patrons). I'm super hyped about this update!
Half of my patreon pledge is because the game is good. The other half is because the creator is worth supporting

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Hey Tim

Why would my bank think my patreon charge would warrant fraud?? Lol
Err. sorry, I don't get the question?
Right now, I have quite a bunch of "declined" patreons. But if I remember from last month, they get the chance to update their credit card details, bank approvals etc... and then, they can be charged normally. I only had one guy marked as "fraud" by patreon last month. So if your pledge hasn't gotten through yet, it's not too late (only half the pledges have been processed so far anyway as I type this...)

I also did get quite a few "new" patreons who pledged $20 in the last day or so. Which is rather fishy... They will not get the link I will send later tonight since their pledges are too late to be processed this month. I wasn't born yesterday...

Reactions: Gert_Boomans

Gert_Boomans

Apr 30, 2017
Tim is right, allot of people do this kind of shit to a whole lot of patreon creators, Tim is not the only one and because I support a few other creators aswell I've seen this happen more than enough. It's rather shamefull and really unrespectfull towards the creator. Just don't do it. It's also quite annoying for patrons who actually care about the project being made and are willing to pay for it so they can see it bloom. Thanks to Tim btw for sending it out soon. For those who haven't pledged, Tim releases it for free eventually!

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Err. sorry, I don't get the question?
Right now, I have quite a bunch of "declined" patreons. But if I remember from last month, they get the chance to update their credit card details, bank approvals etc... and then, they can be charged normally. I only had one guy marked as "fraud" by patreon last month. So if your pledge hasn't gotten through yet, it's not too late (only half the pledges have been processed so far anyway as I type this...)

I also did get quite a few "new" patreons who pledged $20 in the last day or so. Which is rather fishy... They will not get the link I will send later tonight since their pledges are too late to be processed this month. I wasn't born yesterday...
I got a message from my bank that said my charge was declined. It's not a money issue. Could it be that you're out of the country?

I fixed it with my bank so it should process tomorrow

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I got a message from my bank that said my charge was declined. It's not a money issue. Could it be that you're out of the country?

I fixed it with my bank so it should process tomorrow
You pay patreon, not me. So where I am is irrelevant. Could be that your bank is very careful and wants to make sure it's okay with you first (which is a good thing!) ;)

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
You pay patreon, not me. So where I am is irrelevant. Could be that your bank is very careful and wants to make sure it's okay with you first (which is a good thing!) ;)
That's good. But I think they went overboard in shutting down my card lol

This didnt happen last month but yeah you'll get your cut

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
That's good. But I think they went overboard in shutting down my card lol

This didnt happen last month but yeah you'll get your cut
Wow, they actually cancelled your card without your authorization? That's extreme indeed...

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Not cancelled, disabled. Inconvenient this time of the month trying to pay bills and shit lmao

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
Hey, Tim when do you think you're going to be sending out the new version. Or, are you still working on finishing it up?

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes