VN Ren'Py Completed Battle of the Bulges [v1.0] [EpicLust]

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I'm reposting my message about my patreon page since it is at the bottom of the previous thread page:

I finally made a Patreon page for those who would like to support the development of this game and/or thank me for the work accomplished in all those months of game development.
I did not make the game "patreon-friendly" so I will send links privately to patreons.
Please have a look at the new page here:

Remember, it is best to join before the end of the month to become an actually pledging patreon and benefit from early game release and whatnot (I'm saying that because pledges are processed at the beginning of each month if I understand correctly).
Thanks for your support, up to 230 renders and three animations made so far for day04, working on sex scenes currently , which are really the bulk of the future update!

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
I finally made a Patreon page for those who would like to support the development of this game and/or thank me for the work accomplished in all those months of game development.
I did not make the game "patreon-friendly" so I will send links privately to patreons.
Please have a look at the new page here:

Remember, it is best to join before the end of the month to become an actually pledging patreon and benefit from early game release and whatnot (I'm saying that because pledges are processed at the beginning of each month if I understand correctly).
Thanks for your support, up to 230 renders and three animations made so far for day04, working on sex scenes currently , which are really the bulk of the future update!

Great News, I'm heading over there now to pledge! About the pledging system, I might be mistaken, but I think there is a way to have it so that patrons can be charged immediately when they initially pledge. (Whether you get that money immediately or not is beyond my knowledge) For example, If I pledge on the 17th of June then I get charged that day and have access to June's content. Then I get charged again at the first of the month for July's content, and so on. I'm not a creator and don't know how it works on your end to set it up for this, but I do know that there are creators I've supported in the past to where this is how they had it set up. This prevents people from pledging and getting access then canceling their pledge before the first of the month and not having to pay anything.

Reactions: EpicLust

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Great News, I'm heading over there now to pledge! About the pledging system, I might be mistaken, but I think there is a way to have it so that patrons can be charged immediately when they initially pledge. (Whether you get that money immediately or not is beyond my knowledge) For example, If I pledge on the 17th of June then I get charged that day and have access to June's content. Then I get charged again at the first of the month for July's content, and so on. I'm not a creator and don't know how it works on your end to set it up for this, but I do know that there are creators I've supported in the past to where this is how they had it set up. This prevents people from pledging and getting access then canceling their pledge before the first of the month and not having to pay anything.
Hi, thanks for pledging!
I chose the monthly payment option, the leechers that pledge then unpledge won't really get anything, I'll make sure to keep track of them, any reward will only go after pledges are processed.
I think it's fairer than making someone who pledges at the end of a month pay twice in a short period because of upfront payment.

Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
Wrote a positive about review. In general it shows that you indeed took notes from your previous game, and the characters are likeable in general, so keep it up man! Have a nice evening everybody.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Wrote a positive about review. In general it shows that you indeed took notes from your previous game, and the characters are likeable in general, so keep it up man! Have a nice evening everybody.
Thanks a lot for the positive review!

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Are you planning to release the game free at same point or will it be patreon only?

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
Hi, thanks for pledging!
I chose the monthly payment option, the scammers that pledge then unpledge won't really get anything, I'll make sure to keep track of them, any reward will only go after pledges are processed.
I think it's fairer than making someone who pledges at the end of a month pay twice in a short period because of upfront payment.

That totally makes sense. And I guess since you're going to be sending out the rewards through messages then that will take care of scammers. I'm super excited about this and hope everything goes well in this new venture for ya.

Rattatonga

Nov 8, 2017
So I finally got myself to stop my patreon pledge to Fenoxo...GOD..he keeps TITS at 7.1 for money making (releases since a year go 7.1...7.110..7.125..7.132..you get it. Sooo, not just that I finally got myself to stop supporting that, nope...I also feel alot better giving it to someone who actually works on his game, and wants to finish it.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So I finally got myself to stop my patreon pledge to Fenoxo...GOD..he keeps TITS at 7.1 for money making (releases since a year go 7.1...7.110..7.125..7.132..you get it. Sooo, not just that I finally got myself to stop supporting that, nope...I also feel alot better giving it to someone who actually works on his game, and wants to finish it.
Thanks, much appreciated, there are indeed a lot of patreon games that get a lot more than they deserve and that tends to stop people from pledging to new games because the market is saturated. The only option is to unpledge to milkers and pledge to games that aren't a total scam... nudge nudge, wink wink (I'm looking at you Slonique and the morons who support you!).

boredguy1

Mar 11, 2018
I am on the fence about Patreon. Your game is amazing so far and has been freely available to the public since October while numerous lower quality games have been Patreon donor exclusives and are flagrant cash grabs. With the work and effort you've put into the game, you definitely deserve recognition and financial contribution by fans who want to help support your efforts. But with people now donating to your project, donators might feel more entitled that you hear them out and implement what THEY want in the game. I see that you eventually plan on opening polls for patrons to help determine future content. Just be prepared to get requests for content you won't like Tim. I don't really have to remind you, but think about all the random people that have requested NTR, old woman sex, male on futa, male on male, and other content that you have had to repeatedly said no to over the past months. I also hope you don't forget about or marginalize what fans here or on your blog say and only listen to what paying patrons say.

Nevertheless, I hope this turns out well for you.

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I am on the fence about Patreon. Your game is amazing so far and has been freely available to the public since October while numerous lower quality games have been Patreon donor exclusives and are flagrant cash grabs. With the work and effort you've put into the game, you definitely deserve recognition and financial contribution by fans who want to help support your efforts. But with people now donating to your project, donators might feel more entitled that you hear them out and implement what THEY want in the game. I see that you eventually plan on opening polls for patrons to help determine future content. Just be prepared to get requests for content you won't like Tim. I don't really have to remind you, but think about all the random people that have requested NTR, old woman sex, male on futa, male on male, and other content that you have had to repeatedly said no to over the past months. I also hope you don't forget about or marginalize what fans here or on your blog say and only listen to what paying patrons say.

Nevertheless, I hope this turns out well for you.

Good point, but the polls will not be about implementing this or that weirdo fetish from a particular "high-donor".
The game will remain as I envisioned it, and I will not be swayed into adding, (for example, taken totally at random of course, (cough)): bullshit NTR.

KarlHungus

Oct 6, 2017
Good point, but the polls will not be about implementing this or that weirdo fetish from a particular "high-donor".
The game will remain as I envisioned it, and I will not be swayed into adding, (for example, taken totally at random of course, (cough)): bullshit NTR.

Oh come on Tim, I think we all know you're actually a huge NTR fan and this game is your elaborate plan to bate a bunch of normal people into playing a game that builds up the main character to epic lust status only to have him crash and burn on the last day and get totally humiliated by Jose. You're not fooling anyone around here....(saying this with as much sarcasm in my voice as possible in case anyone missed it.)

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes