VN Ren'Py BBS2 [Development Thread]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

How do you feel about changing Bobby's looks?

• Looks good, go for it

Votes: 2,368 52.8%
  • I don't like that he's taller than the girls, but I'm ok with the new model

Votes: 463 10.3%
  • I don't really mind it - as long as the story & Bobby's character remains the same, I don't mind

Votes: 727 16.2%
  • I didn't really like it / I prefer the original - but it's fine

Votes: 300 6.7%
  • WTF?... change it back (while there's still time)

Votes: 627 14.0%

• Total voters

KR.Lee

Nov 23, 2017
Isn't developing what you're doing the way to end the game faster?
It would be nice to show the new characters in other games...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SummmerP

prophet-one

May 18, 2021
It just depends on how you see it, there are things that has to be more with the narrative, coherence and how the characters act according to the situations and the game/relation level.

Even though it's a videogame, it's supposed to simulate or partially simulate the reality.

So, with that in mind, one of the fails I consider the game has is the lack of coherence between mc's thoughts vs acts (many other games also fail with this)
Example: everytime the mc sees the girls, he starts thinking phrases like:
-"I've dreamed about that ass so many times"
-"I just want to throw you over the washing machine and push it deep between your legs"
-"you know that I can't resist you"
-"I wish I could stick my dick deep into your ass"
-"I want to do so many things to her"
-"I wish I could get my dick out and stick it between her buns"

But when he has the opportunity to do something he just faps and that's it... situations like drunk Anna, drunk Lucy, sleeping girls, blackmailing Vicky, etc, are opportunities to make all his dreams really but nothing happens....

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it should be a "fast/easy fuck" game, I also hate those kind of games, but let's just compare it to the reality as an example, Imagine there is a hot girl you really want to make yours and find her drunk/wasted wearing a tight short dress, what would a horny virgin guy like Bobby do?....

So, in that case, to avoid the "fast/easy fuck" situation, without making the mc look like an idiot who is wasting his opportunities, I think you can play with interruptions like girls waking up, hear someone coming or walking around, dropping something on the floor so he has to scape/hide before getting caught.... etc, all this while performing actions/choices like stare at, touch, undressing them, fondle(undressed and/or not), rubbing(undressed and/or not), lick... and also let the options to go further but with consequences if stealth is low and mc gets caught....

I know this requires more renders and work, but may offer more entertainment while working to achieve the main goals.

- Another thing could be implement a clearer/easier hint system.

- another one is, consistency between girls mood and all current scenes
in some scenes the girls trust and smile at bobby after completing some "quests", but in others they hate him like at the beginning.
For example: Liza is happy because Bobby is helping her to steal the phone with the video, but when playing the backyard or the living room scenes, she is mad, talking to bobby like shit.

....wow, I better stop here, this was supposed to be a short post but just look at this.
It's nice to follow your train of thought and I'm with you in most of it but this for example:

"But when he has the opportunity to do something he just faps and that's it... situations like drunk Anna, drunk Lucy, sleeping girls, blackmailing Vicky, etc, are opportunities to make all his dreams really but nothing happens...."

This is exactly what is supposed to happen in his first attempts. He may fantasize a lot but he can do very little about it - That's reality, simulated or not. It's only then that Bobby may start to think harder to get what he wants. If anyone of us would find girls in those situations we would do nothing, fearing legal consequences (mainly) but also because of our own values and probably being too nervous at first, not knowing very well what we could do. Moral issues aside, Bobby isn't all that different.

The incoherences in the scenes you mentioned come from a somewhat lazy approach (any of these would do: show/hide if angry or not, new scenes,...) but a minor issue (just filling the game) and dev knew it. Something to fix but not a big deal.

Everything else looks reasonable to me. Better hints, awaking and stuff that go bad (noises, people coming,...), getting more out of the opportunities (in time). All good to me.

Last edited:

KurtMons

May 29, 2021
It's nice to follow your train of thought and I'm with you in most of it but this for example:

"But when he has the opportunity to do something he just faps and that's it... situations like drunk Anna, drunk Lucy, sleeping girls, blackmailing Vicky, etc, are opportunities to make all his dreams really but nothing happens...."

This is exactly what is supposed to happen in his first attempts. He may fantasize a lot but he can do very little about it - That's reality, simulated or not. It's only then that Bobby may start to think harder to get what he wants. If anyone of us would find girls in those situations we would do nothing, because of our moral values and because we would be too nervous at first, not knowing what to do. Even scratching the moral issues, Bobby isn't all that different.

The incoherences in the scenes you mentioned are simply lazy work (show/hide if angry or not, new scenes,...) but a minor issue (just filling the game) and dev knew it. Something to fix but not a big deal.

Everything else looks reasonable to me. Better hints, awaking and stuff that go bad (noises, people coming,...), taking more out of the opportunities (in time). All good to me.
I agree with you, I'm not saying that he must do everything at first, that's why I mentioned the stealth ability level, you can also add values like confident, knowledge, experience, so he can improve and do more things through the time.... at the beginning he must be nervous, hesitant, rude/clumsy while touching them...

For example, in the game, I'm at the point that Bobby has already forced Julia at the corridor... meaning that a lot of things has happened, the mc has been in several situations, has spent several nights creeping around the girls, finding drunk Lucy on the floor, etc, but there is no much progression.

Taking drunk Lucy scene as an example, if he takes her to the couch, he just get on top of her, fondle, make her puke and that's it.... The other route takes her to the bathroom but has not been completed.
-Options could have been that after lifting her dress and playing a little, he decides to slide or take off her panty to enjoy the view and then TRY to play more and go further But He can't do it, maybe because he is so nervous that cums before doing nothing, or hears Anna coming to the living room 'cause she's worried and is waiting for Lucy, so Bobby has to run/hide and see how Anna takes her to her room and they sleep together so Bobby can't finish his adventure and has to think about new strategies or places to take her but everytime something happens that interrupts him until he's able to create the "perfect scene" to finally conquest the treasure (all that obviously after a path of progression)

As I always say, I know most of this is more related to how deep you want to make your game and how willing you are to render all the possible options :LOL:

With that, I'm not saying that BBS is a bad game, and I think we are here because we actually like it, and since it wasn't properly finished, a continuation like this sounds like an interesting option.

I just mentioned all that because I think it can improve the story/gameplay and give more options to the player avoiding the game to be so repetitive in some stages.

Obviously in the new game there will be new scenes/situations, new Characters conflicts and maybe SummmerP might take this into consideration.

prophet-one

May 18, 2021
I agree with you, I'm not saying that he must do everything at first, that's why I mentioned the stealth ability level, you can also add values like confident, knowledge, experience, so he can improve and do more things through the time.... at the beginning he must be nervous, hesitant, rude/clumsy while touching them...

For example, in the game, I'm at the point that Bobby has already forced Julia at the corridor... meaning that a lot of things has happened, the mc has been in several situations, has spent several nights creeping around the girls, finding drunk Lucy on the floor, etc, but there is no much progression.

Taking drunk Lucy scene as an example, if he takes her to the couch, he just get on top of her, fondle, make her puke and that's it.... The other route takes her to the bathroom but has not been completed.
-Options could have been that after lifting her dress and playing a little, he decides to slide or take off her panty to enjoy the view and then TRY to play more and go further But He can't do it, maybe because he is so nervous that cums before doing nothing, or hears Anna coming to the living room 'cause she's worried and is waiting for Lucy, so Bobby has to run/hide and see how Anna takes her to her room and they sleep together so Bobby can't finish his adventure and has to think about new strategies or places to take her but everytime something happens that interrupts him until he's able to create the "perfect scene" to finally conquest the treasure (all that obviously after a path of progression)

As I always say, I know most of this is more related to how deep you want to make your game and how willing you are to render all the possible options :LOL:

With that, I'm not saying that BBS is a bad game, and I think we are here because we actually like it, and since it wasn't properly finished, a continuation like this sounds like an interesting option.

I just mentioned all that because I think it can improve the story/gameplay and give more options to the player avoiding the game to be so repetitive in some stages.

Obviously in the new game there will be new scenes/situations, new Characters conflicts and maybe SummmerP might take this into consideration.
Yeah, the unfinished scenes are really killing us... As you said so much could happen, good stuff, fun stuff, but we're still hanging... You're probably overthinking it - it should be straightforward, Bobby looking for ways to get the girls - but as a brainstorm: excellent.

Last edited:

KurtMons

May 29, 2021
Yeah, the unfinished scenes are really killing us... As you said so much could happen, good stuff, fun stuff, but we're still hanging... You're probably overthinking it - it should be straightforward, Bobby looking for ways to get the girls - but as a brainstorm: excellent.
Yes, that is, I'm overthinking it :LOL: .... maybe cause I like to write stories, comics and all that stuff... I'll better let SummmerP work easy (y)

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Isn't developing what you're doing the way to end the game faster?
It would be nice to show the new characters in other games...
Lee, you lost me there bro..
What do you mean? Were you talking to me?

Yes, that is, I'm overthinking it :LOL: .... maybe cause I like to write stories, comics and all that stuff... I'll better let SummmerP work easy (y)
I am trying to plan ahead some extra coherency onto Bobby's progression, yeah.

Ultimately, BBS suffered a great deal at that - progression - imho.

Mostly, I think, due to the many 'events' that seemed to have a progression intended within, but that RAinces chose to ignore entirely on the following patches.
Sometimes shit just felt like you weren't progressing at all. And then came Julia, and I think way too much focus on dealing/nailing her stole some serious creative space, freezing or backtracking some of the progression that Bobby had already gone through with the girls. I hated that.
I almost removed Julia from the game.
But Lucy's routes might benefit from having a character of that sort, so I'm keeping the weirdo.

I got my notes. I've got plently.
(too bad Daz Studio does not render at the speed of thought thou.. not on my millennial CPU, it doesn't)

But I am carefully designing a slow but steady patch by patch progression. (note by note)
Every new patch should feel crazier and kinkier than the previous, as Bobby intensifies his assaults & harassment.

And I shall recycle some of the scenes forsaken by RAinces. (in a natural, nostalgic way)
I owe that to us.

Now we wait, for those endless iray iterations to do their thing.. slowly

Last edited:

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
Fuck yeah dude! Please keep going. One of the best VNs on here and it's abandonment is a total shame. I'd help if I had a PC of any kind.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SummmerP

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
Honestly to me when you guys say bushes, to me that means you want a fucking forest on these girls, that to me is not right, if I got a girl who has a forest on her I'm not going to eat it, thats just gross as hell, I'd rather have bald, cause you won't get any hair while eating the kitty :KEK::KEK::KEK:

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Honestly to me when you guys say bushes, to me that means you want a fucking forest on these girls, that to me is not right, if I got a girl who has a forest on her I'm not going to eat it, thats just gross as hell, I'd rather have bald, cause you won't get any hair while eating the kitty :KEK::KEK::KEK:
Warning, +18 inside:

There is a huge difference between and . I myself am talking about the second, and probably for mommy only.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Follow @alice.cantuaria on Instagram.
Nearly a real-time Lucy. Beautiful. Reels are great.
(wonder if she has any siblings..)

No bushes there thou.

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Good luck with this SummmerP

The expectations will be pretty high though. It’s a much missed game.:coffee:
Thanks John.
I know.
Hope my rendering/writing/game-making/producing/design skills are up to the hype.

I am as hopeful as you are. BBS is my favorite, despite it all.

Reactions: JohnJG

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
Warning, +18 inside:

There is a huge difference between and . I myself am talking about the second, and probably for mommy only.
I could go for the second one as well, maybe if I thought about liza with a landing strip on her I could get into it :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes