punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
I wonder what tomorrow's delay will be about.
Animo submitted content to add to the game to the programer 3 days ago, so either a delay or a massively broken build. There is now way you beta test and fix issues with so little time.
I'm ready for a delay.

SunnySanity

Jul 17, 2017
Animo submitted content to add to the game to the programer 3 days ago, so either a delay or a massively broken build. There is now way you beta test and fix issues with so little time.
I'm ready for a delay.
What Animo said in the last update was " Today I fully finished everything on my side, now I'm waiting for programmer to finish his things."

Keeping things nice and vague just as Animo likes it. That could mean anything, we don't know how much the programmer has to do, if it's a lot or a little, if its hard or easy. He might just be squashing a couple more bugs.. or he might be implementing a half those damn cutscenes for all we know.

Last edited:

Astrel

Jan 27, 2018
I dont think that's how it works.When you work on a project you work simultaniuosly, so Animo finished everything 12 august and is waiting for the programmer to finish his side.Not that Animo finished something, send it to him that day and now is waiting him to process everything

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
I dont think that's how it works.When you work on a project you work simultaniuosly, so Animo finished everything 12 august and is waiting for the programmer to finish his side.Not that Animo finished something, send it to him that day and now is waiting him to process everything
You work at the same time, but, the artists and music people usually finish first. Its why a ton of AAA games have day one DLC, because the artists are music people are still working, while waiting for the programmers to get finished with the base game. Why you ask? Because the programmers are the ones that put the sound and music and art into the actual game and then program the scripts to make the magic happen.

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
From what was said before, animo does the animation in 3dsmax and then exports it to unreal engine. The programer has to then insert it and script it ingame.
Between these, a lot of things can go wrong, and fixing it some times takes time and effort, usually a lot of time in development is spent there.
We will figure it out tomorrow I guess.

Reactions: Drages

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
I don't know why you seem so confident in thinking that looking at the teasers release files is definitive proof of what will be in the proper release. Surely things can be removed/added between the two builds?
Its hardly ever definitive proof. If you look at released Indie or AAA games, you will often find old content that never made it into the game. Things that were in a partially developed state and then abandoned for reasons unknown.

Daifuzuki

Apr 30, 2022
I don't know why you seem so confident in thinking that looking at the teasers release files is definitive proof of what will be in the proper release. Surely things can be removed/added between the two builds?
I never said that it's definitive proof. I'm merely saying what I found in the current release and can attach screenshots of everything if you'd like. Animo will add more stuff for sure, but for now all I can see in the files are 2 enemies and the horse model shown ingame along.
Some interesting things I discovered though is that all of the terrain/objects he used came from purchased asset packs.

Daifuzuki

Apr 30, 2022
Hell, everything barring the Enemies, Horse and Lara seem to be purchased off of the official Unreal Engine store.

I don't know if thats a bad thing??

Last edited:

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Hell, everything barring the Enemies, Horse and Lara seem to be purchased off of the official Unreal Engine store.

I don't know if thats a bad thing??
Lots of games use asset store stuff for a huge variety of things. For example, Conan Exiles and Ark Survival have a lot of foliage assets that they both use, and I've seen many of the same assets also in things like Wild Life and Carnal Instinct.

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017
QUOTE Animo: (me as well. i'm working all of this summer non-stop)
mind here he makes 22.000$ per month

*normal people with 40h to 50h jobs a week who dont even make half of what he does*
E-8W26TVkAMVLrf.jpg

anyway it was to be expected 4 delays in less then 31 days
and deep down you all know this was to be expected knowing animo.
i expect next week a update on kick with a other delay blaming the coder

PS: summer started at 21 juni
:geek::geek:

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 59 Votes