4.40 star(s) 47 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
Pretty decent rhythm game. Kinda wish all the notes had their own line though, "guitar hero" style. But maybe I just need to get gud.
It was different in the 1.X version, where the different colored note types had specific durations. You could read the rhythms on sight. Not that there's a problem with the new flexibility or anything, just that the older limitations made it easier to play levels on first read.

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
in response to my earlier comment, looks like they're updating Cathy's level. very nice
From the looks of it, I think that most of the difficult parts are done, mainly the menu and gameplay being pretty well polished. So I expect that for the rest of the month we will continues to see the cutscenes and stager art get finished, as changing those will be easy enough

dawaeinhere

Feb 5, 2021
here is unlock everything sav file for 2.8.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you can play hands free every character with this
and for who wonder where i use this file for go here
btw for anyone who wants a semi gallery unlock you can play the levels and then modify your score so you can use the hands free mode on the levels. AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Beat Banger and then mod the save file.

Silverraaven

Mar 17, 2018
Cool game but it crashes when the last note for sheep girl comes up
if you are playing on the easiest setting than the last note is actually different. you can complete the level but missing the last different note results in a soft lock so it's likely a bug.
Edit*
Upon further investigation, it appears all stages soft lock when you miss the final note. You can pause and use menu actions like restarting or quitting, but the stage will otherwise hang indefinitely. Hopefully the dev actually catches this since its apparently supposed to release on steam this month.

Last edited:

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
Mods don't work in 2.81 and if you actually try to go into the mod menu while in game it crashes to desktop once you start pressing buttons. If you want mods to work in the remake just use 2.64 from itchio
Technically mods do work, but not in the mod section. So far there is only 1 mod for 2.8, and it can be played by putting it into the act 1 folder, whrere it will replace Cathy. (you can use the CFG file in act1 and copy and slightly edit it to be able to make a new act, where the mod will also work)
So you basically treat the base levels as being a mod, and just go from there.

Reactions: Cidoo

Peritomato

Dec 6, 2018
Mods don't work in 2.81 and if you actually try to go into the mod menu while in game it crashes to desktop once you start pressing buttons. If you want mods to work in the remake just use 2.64 from itchio
Oh thanks! i didn't knew that

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes