4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
It baffles be how they have a team of like 7-8 people yet it takes this long to draw new stuff.
Every week they host a sketch request stream where they draw 3-4 shaded custom drawings - yet somehow it took them 8 months to make one level for the game they are making sketches of
I think the reason we don't get art is cause that is probably the easiest, fastest, and most noticable aspect of the game. You will notice if a stage has new art, but you probably won't notice if the game runs 3 fps faster, or that heavy note spams are less likely to drop.
If a stage is done except for the art, and replacing the sketches takes 3 seconds, then you would much rather do the hard part first, and finish it off with the parts that are so simple it's basically impossible to fuck up.
Coding is hard, so it would make sense to focus on that first (releasing builds along the way to see how the audience reacts to new mechanics) and when the path clears, with only polishing remaining, you would go back and making things look better.

Even in this game, the reason 2.8 was even posted, was because they added the cutscenes and a new charting system. You don't want to release new things if people don't want them/can't use them.

nnjagnga333

Jul 4, 2019
I think the reason we don't get art is cause that is probably the easiest, fastest, and most noticable aspect of the game. You will notice if a stage has new art, but you probably won't notice if the game runs 3 fps faster, or that heavy note spams are less likely to drop.
If a stage is done except for the art, and replacing the sketches takes 3 seconds, then you would much rather do the hard part first, and finish it off with the parts that are so simple it's basically impossible to fuck up.
Coding is hard, so it would make sense to focus on that first (releasing builds along the way to see how the audience reacts to new mechanics) and when the path clears, with only polishing remaining, you would go back and making things look better.

Even in this game, the reason 2.8 was even posted, was because they added the cutscenes and a new charting system. You don't want to release new things if people don't want them/can't use them.

The code and art are done by separate people according to their staff list. One person doing work does not prevent someone else from doing work.

nnjagnga333

Jul 4, 2019
i feel like people in this thread really appreciate how long art, animation and animating actually takes
Currently 7329$ a month

TEN staff positions, which aside from the lead dev who made the original demo solo, has two sound people (one music, one SFX (lol lemme clap some jello and can some moan fx)) two artists (concept artist, storyboard artist), three other developer positions, a "writer" (lol) and a COMMUNITY MANAGER (LOL)

Over a year later they have two completed scenes. There are modders who do this shit for free for their game who have made significantly more content in less time.

If nothing else, even if all these other people are getting paid scrap and doing it on free time while working other jobs, the main guy makes enough money to fulltime this shit which means the scenes should have been done in maximum three months - if they're doing it at a glacial pace. I am a shit tier artist and I could put together a couple of these scenes if I had 160 hours to do it (four working weeks) with ease.

Do not simp for patreon grifting furries.

HueJass123

Jun 13, 2022
Steam release is tomorrow, and is expected to be in early access until November. I'm not even mad, I'm just astonished - how the heck are you going to delay your own roadmap by 7-8 months to draw 3 levels. I've seen their artists draw much more detailed art compared to the game in like 30-40 minutes during their streams.
They also have dedicated artists, so you can't say they're only working on software.

Missingsly

Dec 17, 2019
Steam release is tomorrow, and is expected to be in early access until November. I'm not even mad, I'm just astonished - how the heck are you going to delay your own roadmap by 7-8 months to draw 3 levels. I've seen their artists draw much more detailed art compared to the game in like 30-40 minutes during their streams.
They also have dedicated artists, so you can't say they're only working on software.
Damn I had no idea a road map was planned they really need to make sure and not over plan stuff

Metamaterial

Apr 29, 2020
Oh wow, I have not even seen that one, must be a pretty early build. Looks sleek though, I dig it.
Yep, it was the first build ever. The images aren't even external here.
Not sure how to go about this, would a MEGA work so I can update it regularly?

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
After playing some mods from the bboou website, some people just don't know how to pick a song or set up their beats correctly.
I get some want to make their level hard but the animation looks like the characters are having a seizure and honestly some beats don't actually follow the music.

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
After playing some mods from the bboou website, some people just don't know how to pick a song or set up their beats correctly.
I get some want to make their level hard but the animation looks like the characters are having a seizure and honestly some beats don't actually follow the music.
there's an auto mapping mod tool thats most likely doing that

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
Now it is called beat banger legacy an it is available for free on their www.

BTW the new release is out.
Beat banger legacy is 1.33 i'm talking about ALL the other versions that have come out there was one version of 2.x that had over 6 charts but most were line sketches

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes