4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Xbodragon9

Nov 20, 2021
I hope someone finds a way to edit save files for the steam release, because they have turned back into gibberish.

d9b3

Feb 16, 2020
How can I use mods made for version 2 then? Don't I need 2.44? Why isn't 2.44 up here?
Most of the V2 mods were made for the demo version. I haven't seen any V2 mods that works in the latest version but only the demo version works. If you try to load a V2 demo mod on the latest steam release or whatever release that was in this thread will not work.

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
The staff said they'll be releasing mod tools for the steam version tonight most likely. Hopefully someone will update mods to work on the new version

Awozama

Dec 29, 2021
Well there goes 2.0 version for modpacks, does anybody have 2.0 version still to share? (Even a demo)

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
View attachment 2571730
From the updated Itch.io page
LMAO
Just played the new build, and now I can see why (as backwards as it may seem): they're drawing over the scenes, AGAIN. They were fine before, why change them when the game had them on the previous build??? That only means they'll take longer to redraw everything, more so for the rest of the levels in Act 1.

At least the menus look better, there's voice acting now, and the cutscenes look better. Yay?

I'm starting to think the roadmap they have is BS. If they're planning merchandise BEFORE the full game is released, let alone planning and constructing Act 2, what are the chances of Act 2 being complete if we still are in the making of Act 1 and the game releasing on Steam? (Not to mention, incomplete in doing so).

Metamaterial

Apr 29, 2020
Alright, here's my overall experience with this. To be clear, I'm not too sure if this is the day one patch or not.

I first decided to go through the data folders to see if there's any hidden goodies there. It actually seems as if the exact opposite happened; I'll explain in a minute what I mean— but first:

0.png

Huh. Interesting, but you know this won't be finished.

The next thing I noticed was that everyone besides Cathy and Zoe had their folders stripped of everything except their icon and music data. I guess pencil sketches are just another BunFan Games Patreon perk™. Besides the Zoe to Gale cutscene still being a sketch, the cutscenes seemed normal, so I decided to check the level data.

1.png 2.png

Oops. They forgot to implement "horny mode", one of their few selling points.

3.png

Oh, pardon my pedantics; they only said it may reward me.

I didn't really see anything of interest after that, except for this inexplicably still-intact batch file in Cathy's audio folder.
Bash:
# /data/act1/cathy_e1/audio/ren.bat

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

for /l %%i in (1,1,10) do (
    set "filename=cathy_moan_cloased__%%i.mp3"
    set "newname=cathy_moan_closed_%%i.mp3"
    ren "!filename!" "!newname!"
)

echo Renaming complete.
I'm not too surprised considering what all I've seen noted over on e6, but come on, it's just 10 files. I guarantee you that it would've been faster to just man up and manually right click them all, but I digress.

Now onto the game itself, or more specifically, the main menu.

4.png 5.png

This is just embarrassing.

In fact, it shortly crashed after this. (Press Z on the mod menu when there's no mods loaded.) I especially like the feature of it not saving your window data over sessions. I also got some sort of achievement called "early access egg" after re-opening it for the second time, oh boy! I wonder what it mea-

6.png

Let's get to the game-play, shall we?

God these level names are terrible.

The little reference to the legacy levels at the beginning was a little endearing, except for the omission of Jack's. That's okay, fuck Jack. "Wait, what cutscenes?" Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Half of them are fully colored, voice acted, paced, and scripted, but still seem to be unimplemented. Well, the game-play still seems to be the same as the demos. Honestly, I like their new expressions.

Anyway, the AES-256 encryption key for the save file is "boobies", do what you must with this information. I'll make another post data-mining the code in-depth later, there's some interesting stuff here that I'll try not to spoil you get a level with the goth shopkeeper for 50000 coins but it's not in it yet.

Finally, don't let this release make you forgot that Kom abandoned a comic commission halfway and pocketed the money. It's been 5 years.

FINAL RATING:
0/10 unless they give gale pp i like pp

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes