4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

lndrlndr

Nov 30, 2021
Watching his Kom's steam rn and APPARENTLY from what I gathered from chat the new main Update is supposed to come out Today (idk which timezone) although I wouldn't hold your breath, since he is changing up the Menu rn (again).

Edit: with great disappointment (and to no surprise) I confirm that there has not been a update to either branches

Last edited:

Counter Sphere

Oct 18, 2021
I can't seem to find the mods folder in. Am I doing something wrong?
I only have the game, data folder and a pck file. But not mods folder

WaryFox

Aug 7, 2018
what is the mods tab? where to look for them?
You can find mods on the . There they are piled up in the download-mods channel. Some work only on the legacy (1.3) version, some only on the release (2.92) version. I haven’t come across any mods adapted for the beta (3.x) version, so I adapted myself, it's quite easy.

I can't seem to find the mods folder in. Am I doing something wrong?
I only have the game, data folder and a pck file. But not mods folder
Just create mods folder in the root folder of the game, next to the data folder. Apparently I forgot to add it to the archive, since before packaging I usually remove the folder with my mods and create an empty one.

Last edited:

Furyif

Jan 12, 2020
You can find mods on the . There they are piled up in the download-mods channel. Some work only on the legacy (1.3) version, some only on the release (2.9) version. I haven’t come across any mods adapted for the beta (3.x) version, so I adapted some mods myself, it's quite easy.

Thx. I installed this all. How can I try to write an opinion?)

WaryFox

Aug 7, 2018
Thx. I installed this all. How can I try to write an opinion?)
Not sure what you mean. If you are asking where to write your opinion about mods, then you should do it in the , in the posts of these mods. And if you are asking where to write your opinion about the game and its problems/errors, so that the game developer can hear it, then on .

3.1.1 has an issue being too zoomed in
3.13 crashes on launch consistently
:FacePalm:
This is a beta version, errors and problems in it are quite expected, although I am trying to fix it a little with . If you want relative stability, use .

Also, regarding the incorrect screen resolution. Go to the settings, press the Esc key in the game menu, and change the screen resolution, or switch to full screen mode.

Last edited:

ImoutoCat

Jun 19, 2021
mods folder created in game folder next to data folder.
Place downloaded mods into mods folder.
Open game.
Select the 'mods' option.
No mods.

Where did I go wrong?

WaryFox

Aug 7, 2018
mods folder created in game folder next to data folder.
Place downloaded mods into mods folder.
Open game.
Select the 'mods' option.
No mods.

Where did I go wrong?
Have you unpacked them? Each mod should be a folder with files act.cfg, thumb.png, etc.

For example:
Code:
Beat Banger (game root folder)
    mods
        Alpha Sylveon
            Alpha Sylveon
            act.cfg
            thumb.png

Last edited:

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
Does anyone know the song from Gale's bit? Song slaps but shazam cant figure out who it is.
its in the audio folder of gale's in the data folder. iirc kom made these songs, they're not borrowed from something else. you can just pull the original song from the data folder if you want them. I'm genuinely interested in seeing the act 2 scenes get made soon. I like the chill edm vibe we're getting assuming the songs don't change too much.

ImoutoCat

Jun 19, 2021
Have you unpacked them? Each mod should be a folder with files act.cfg, thumb.png, etc.

For example:
Code:
Beat Banger (game root folder)
    mods
        Alpha Sylveon
            Alpha Sylveon
            act.cfg
            thumb.png
Yup, extracted them all inside the mods folder exactly as you've listed here in your example. D:

EDIT: Ah, I think I fixed it... but I'm not sure what I did differently. :U

Last edited:

Edd_PG

Nov 15, 2022
Slightly patched version by me:

(updated 10/13/23)

Differences from the official build:
  • Dawna unlocked;
  • added screen resolution 1600x900;
  • fixed a bug due to which, regardless of the selected difficulty of the mod, the first one in the list was always launched;
  • fixed incorrectly applied to mods "NEW" tag;
  • fixed highscores aren't updating;
  • fixed "Play Hands Free" in mods;
  • fixed transition to select mod screen after completing hands free mode.
Here some mods I adapted for version 3.x.

Also here is the full save. Everything that could be bought was bought. Everything that could be opened was open. All levels are completed with max points/combos.

Rename it back to game.sav if f95zone changed the file name, and put it to %AppData%\Godot\app_userdata\Beat Banger

(to download save file, right-click on the link and select "Save link as")
hey men i boot the thing up and starts but shutdown afterward it dosen't reach the menu, you know the why?

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
Differences from the official build:
  • Dawna unlocked;
  • added screen resolution 1600x900;
  • fixed a bug due to which, regardless of the selected difficulty of the mod, the first one in the list was always launched;
  • fixed incorrectly applied to mods "NEW" tag;
  • fixed highscores aren't updating;
  • fixed "Play Hands Free" in mods;
  • fixed transition to select mod screen after completing hands free mode.
How do you actually activate the free mode (both with a normal game and with mods)? The modifier menu option is locked.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes