Unity Completed Beautiful Mystic Defenders [Final] [Fantasize Games]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
02_Capsule_3_1920x1080_V1.png

Overview:
When Kingdom Rush meets Hentai

Beautiful Mystic Defenders is a tactical tower defense, romantic visual novel game where you are the savior of the mystic realm's incredibly gorgeous ladies. Build towers wisely, level up heroines, obtain upgrades, defeat hordes of monsters and immerse in a stimulating harem love story!
Thread Updated: 2022-01-10
Release Date: 2021-07-18
Developer: Fantasize Games -
Version: Full Game
Censored: Yes (No in final release)
Language: English
Store:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

character-select.png gameplay1.png gameplay2.png gameplay3.png hentai.png upgrades.png visual-novel.png world-map.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRequestor

Apr 28, 2021
This is the first time I saw Steam link for download.
Will like to know if I download the mega version, do I need to install through steam?
It is censored or not censored?

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
This is the first time I saw Steam link for download.
Will like to know if I download the mega version, do I need to install through steam?
It is censored or not censored?
I believe you can just run the Mega version without having to install through Steam, but let me know if I'm wrong :p

The demo is censored (nipples and pussy) but the final release will not be ;) .

Reactions: TheRequestor

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
theres some things here id like to adress.
the 2nd last screenshot is called "visual novel" but we have no VN tag. just saying.

im no kingdom rush expert but i have decent memory and im 99% sure every level shown in screenshots is a 100% copy of kingdom rush (based on the layout) which is pretty pathetic and lazy.

and last the upgrade screen looks like a complete clusterfuck. theres no order, no categories its just every upgrade possible right next to each other.

i like the idea of kingdom rush with sex but

1. organize it a bit more
2. original level layout? (i wouldnt be surprised if the waves were the same aswell)
3. why censor the game when the final version wont be censored? what, dont have the 5 seconds it takes to draw a slit?

obviously im going a bit harsh on a demo but like cmon.

Ghost712

Nov 28, 2018
Even the Skill Icons are ripped from other games :-D
I can understand that you do sth. like that if you have no talent for art, but that should not be the case with the rest being focused on art :-D

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
theres some things here id like to adress.
the 2nd last screenshot is called "visual novel" but we have no VN tag. just saying.

im no kingdom rush expert but i have decent memory and im 99% sure every level shown in screenshots is a 100% copy of kingdom rush (based on the layout) which is pretty pathetic and lazy.

and last the upgrade screen looks like a complete clusterfuck. theres no order, no categories its just every upgrade possible right next to each other.

i like the idea of kingdom rush with sex but

1. organize it a bit more
2. original level layout? (i wouldnt be surprised if the waves were the same aswell)
3. why censor the game when the final version wont be censored? what, dont have the 5 seconds it takes to draw a slit?

obviously im going a bit harsh on a demo but like cmon.
Thanks for the harsh but valid feedback. :cool:

Regarding the level layout, I had a guy who played Tower Defense a lot to design the level layout for me. I am wondering which Kingdom Rush version you are seeing the similarity with in term of level layout? I am pretty sure the layout is not similar to Kingdom Rush Vengeance since I played that version too. And I am looking at the original Kingdom Rush version (which I have never played) but I am not seeing the similarity. :unsure:

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
Even the Skill Icons are ripped from other games :-D
I can understand that you do sth. like that if you have no talent for art, but that should not be the case with the rest being focused on art :-D
Actually, all the UI elements (yes, all of them) are from Asset packs that are sold on Unity store.

I didn't steal any of them (I assume that's what "ripped" means). :)

Hiring artist to draw original UI elements like those would cost a lot of money which I don't have :cry:. Hope you understand, bro.

Reactions: Yamemai

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
Why is this just Kingdom Rush?
I was so hyped to see a tower defense with H, but I got a reskinned Kingdom Rush... What a letdown.
I am sorry that it didn't meet your expectation :cry:.

When I began this project, my intention has always been to create a game where "Kingdom Rush meets Hentai VN", and I have never tried to hide my intention. The only reason I didn't mention it in the game description is simply because many people may not even know what Kingdom Rush is.

I am wondering if you were able to see any of the Hentai visual novel content in the demo (the part where characters talk to each other, the sex scene) ? The Mega link accidentally contained a previous Save folder which would prevent you from seeing the Hentai visual novel content. I replaced the Mega link.

Arashi Blitz

Nov 16, 2016
When I began this project, my intention has always been to create a game where "Kingdom Rush meets Hentai VN", and I have never tried to hide my intention. The only reason I didn't mention it in the game description is simply because many people may not even know what Kingdom Rush is.
Thing is, that you made it waaaaay too similar. Pretty much sure people that don't know KR would be fine with this. Also, you could try and "make it more yours". I'm thinking from the top of my head to let the players choose where they want to place the towers instead of having specific spots. I think that would make it look like "kinda different".By the way... When a space is not used, the floor and the "?" sign look too much like KR. I'd advise to also change it. Maybe make it look more big or "cartoon-ish".
Aside from TD gameplay and graphics, I can't say that much more since I've not played it. If you get to make it "yours" as I said, I'd be super glad to try it since I love TDs.
Last thing, I'd advise to probably put in the description that you took heavy inspiration or wanted to make a parody on KR, just to let it pretty clear and not having other people like: It'S a KiNgDoM rUsH cOpY (In which I'm included, since I love KR and it kinda hurts me xD)

Reactions: Raiden1358

Matanuji

May 1, 2018
Hello my dear ive played few levels of your game and I kinda enjoed it, it feels familiar to 1st kingdom rush and since its a H game I will watch wich intrest.
Now with pleasanties out of the way... Im sincerly sorry to say this but there are some technickal issues for a TD game that need to be iron out:

1.when an enemy drops to exacly 0 hp they dont die only when they drop below it they will(example: warrior herroine at lvl3 has 28 dmg highlanders(if I remember corectly their name) have 28 hp when she attaks them they drop to 0hp and need to be struck again which is anoing), also soldiers from barracks expieriance the same thing but with a nice adon of immortality they do not upgrade but barracks still sends ''replacement'' and yes said immortal soldiers not only block the path but they also attack enemies for the raminer of the level

2.inconsistent range both of towers and abillites the archer heroines skill sub-zero has 2-3 times the range then the circle that appers (side note: said skill has realy short cooldown and it frezzes bosses of the levels which is preaty abusable) also towers posses higher vertical range then is shown which is quite noticible, Im guessing enemies have streched hitboxes or some other oversight and also barracks posses biger range for rally in all dirrections(note: ive only use two heroines so far but im guessing other heroines abilities might have the same isues as mentioned above)

3.enemies ocasionaly ignore the the soldiers from barracks and just push forward instead of atacking them also soldiers sometimes push thru entire path into enemies instead of going back to their position

on the side note I hope the skill tree will be more... lets just say organized, im not against bought assets but the game as a hole could be more cohesive in art style also a smol skill tree for each heroine would be appreciated(unles there are and i havent notise) just a stat increse is kinda boring

if I find eny other bugs ill leave another comment
all n all not bad but could be better. Oh and good luck my dear :)

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Yeah, the problem here isn't about trying to "make a hentai version of Kingdom Rush" but about it being too much of a carbon copy of Kingdom Rush.
You could keep most of the mechanics, as they said "if it isn't broke then don't fix it." But the art style definitely is a problem. Even if the game is genuinely made with effort and love, first impression will always matter. So if the gameplay look too similar to the original, people will obviously think it is another cash-grab, low effort rip-off. Because that's literally how those devs make their games and we have seen it a thousand times over.
My advise would be to give some overhaul to the gameplay so it look and feel more unique. For example, since we are going with the anime waifu theme, then make the gameplay portion look more anime-like.

Raiden1358

Sep 15, 2018
Thing is, that you made it waaaaay too similar. Pretty much sure people that don't know KR would be fine with this. Also, you could try and "make it more yours". I'm thinking from the top of my head to let the players choose where they want to place the towers instead of having specific spots. I think that would make it look like "kinda different".By the way... When a space is not used, the floor and the "?" sign look too much like KR. I'd advise to also change it. Maybe make it look more big or "cartoon-ish".
Aside from TD gameplay and graphics, I can't say that much more since I've not played it. If you get to make it "yours" as I said, I'd be super glad to try it since I love TDs.
Last thing, I'd advise to probably put in the description that you took heavy inspiration or wanted to make a parody on KR, just to let it pretty clear and not having other people like: It'S a KiNgDoM rUsH cOpY (In which I'm included, since I love KR and it kinda hurts me xD)
Yeah, the problem here isn't about trying to "make a hentai version of Kingdom Rush" but about it being too much of a carbon copy of Kingdom Rush.
You could keep most of the mechanics, as they said "if it isn't broke then don't fix it." But the art style definitely is a problem. Even if the game is genuinely made with effort and love, first impression will always matter. So if the gameplay look too similar to the original, people will obviously think it is another cash-grab, low effort rip-off. Because that's literally how those devs make their games and we have seen it a thousand times over.
My advise would be to give some overhaul to the gameplay so it look and feel more unique. For example, since we are going with the anime waifu theme, then make the gameplay portion look more anime-like.

Thank you guys for the detailed feedback! I should have indeed attempted to make those elements look different from KR. Lesson learned today. :giggle:

And good call for stating clearly that the game takes heavy inspiration from Kingdom Rush, I have added it to the "Developer Notes" section and will remember to do it for future postings.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes