4.50 star(s) 49 Votes

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
This game is in some desperate need of a proof-reading. Nearly every single sentence has some kind of grammatical or structural error. Literally just using Google Translate from Russian to English would have done a more accurate job (presumably).

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
This game is in some desperate need of a proof-reading. Nearly every single sentence has some kind of grammatical or structural error. Literally just using Google Translate from Russian to English would have done a more accurate job (presumably).
Well, idk how that happend, but I double check it with Google Translate also. . Some people suggest to help me. So wait for first hotfix)

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
The developer is from Russia, so because of this stupid war, we can’t now receive money in foreign currency, because due to sanctions, most of the banks have been disconnected from the swift system, he has a "Boosty" (analogous to patreon), but it is only for Russian (probably not sure)
Hello. As L3B0WSKI mentioned It's impossible right now. But as i know boosty is also should be available for you. It's the same thing, but i able to receive moneyfrom there.
Ah, I see. What a shame =/. I think that Warlock and Boobs' creator is also from Russia. He has quite a lot of support in his Patreon, and he keeps updating it with news and stuff. Perhaps his strategy is to keep his Patreon going, and when the sanctions end, he takes his money back? I found this on : "We are still charging patrons of affected creators and the funds will remain secure and pending until they can be withdrawn. ". Could be risky though, since no one knows when that will be.

I think it's quite hard to have a similar amount of support on smaller platforms. You don't need to worry about that too much though, since you're just starting, and you said it's just a hobby for you anyway, but if your game grows and things start to look better about the sanctions, be alert about that option.

sahamos

Oct 27, 2019
The best demo of this genre that I've seen! I really look forward to continuing!

The artist's style is rather unusual, but incredibly pleasing to the eye.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dev_muffin

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
Ah, I see. What a shame =/. I think that Warlock and Boobs' creator is also from Russia. He has quite a lot of support in his Patreon, and he keeps updating it with news and stuff. Perhaps his strategy is to keep his Patreon going, and when the sanctions end, he takes his money back? I found this on : "We are still charging patrons of affected creators and the funds will remain secure and pending until they can be withdrawn. ". Could be risky though, since no one knows when that will be.

I think it's quite hard to have a similar amount of support on smaller platforms. You don't need to worry about that too much though, since you're just starting, and you said it's just a hobby for you anyway, but if your game grows and things start to look better about the sanctions, be alert about that option.
Yea, i think that his strategy i think.
Well, sounds like good idea anyways, maybe sooner or later i will find the way to withdraw money from there.

But, boosty in unvailable service for you? It's not possible to donate the rubles there? :D Just curious how this service works :D

For me, as a programmer - that's the hobby, but artist has lost 100% of his profits because of the situation :(

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
But, boosty in unvailable service for you? It's not possible to donate the rubles there? :D Just curious how this service works :D
The problem is that I don't live in Europe/North America. I had some big headaches trying to make international payments, and avoid using alternative platforms unless I really need to =P

TheEireMadOne

Aug 28, 2019
Good art, but I coluldn't get beyond the first few scenes. The English is utterly abhorrent, and a complete eyesore. It was clearly an afterthought that they just threw into google translate and hoped for the best.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Good art, but I coluldn't get beyond the first few scenes. The English is utterly abhorrent, and a complete eyesore. It was clearly an afterthought that they just threw into google translate and hoped for the best.
It's like the developers don't care about the NOVEL part when it comes to creating a visual novel, it's like they think the writing isn't important when it definitely is. Bad writing just ruins it for me no matter how good the art may be.

L3B0WSKI

Dec 15, 2021
It's like the developers don't care about the NOVEL part when it comes to creating a visual novel, it's like they think the writing isn't important when it definitely is. Bad writing just ruins it for me no matter how good the art may be.

man, just read the developer's messages in the thread (dev_muffin), he has already spoken on the subject of English

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
This is what's wrong with the world these days. Go browse r/traps some more.
Thanks, I really wanted to see another real-life dick as a straight man... and I really have no idea what that real-life thing has to do with traps, as half of them look like they are post-transition, and I'm gonna repeat myself, it has nothing to do with traps, or to be more precise, anime traps, the REAL traps that aren't just using the word "trap" like western people that appropriated it, though I have to admit that there were some photos of people doing the trap right way, but most were trans.
Im 90% sure those people you're talking about think trap and femboy are slurs, due to their other usage outside these kinds of circles irl. But again, twitter is cancer so i try to avoid these arguments like the plague lol.
You may be right. I only associate traps and femboys with anime, and I didn't know that lgbt people were using those words irl until the recent twatter debacle that exposed this appropriation. So it's quite funny that part of lgbt has a problem with anime fans using anime words.
While I don't disagree that quite a few people don't understand the nuances it's not just a matter of crossdressing, either. Westerners have trouble with it because there really isn't an analogue for the otoko-no-ko character type in American and Euro cultures.

Basically it doesn't actually matter if a trap character crossdresses or not (the one in My High School RomCom SNAFU for instance never does) because the essence of it is drawn from a crossing two particular lingual associations, not clothing styles. In Japanese kawaii has an unspoken association with girly things while kakkoii is associated with manly things. If an anime girl calls a guy 'kakkoii' she's not -just- saying he's cool, she's implying he's masculine in an attractive way. It'd normally be embarrassing for a boy to be called 'kawaii' because that can also be taken as an insult to say that he comes off as effeminate. The essence of a trap character is a boy who comes off to others as girly-cute and who may even take pride in that without it effecting their gender identity. That's part of why it has no context in the west; the idea of a person who has a girlish presentation but isn't necessarily an effeminate gay man or someone who's literally trying to become a woman is foreign. There wasn't even a word for it until the anime community organically started calling them traps.

This is Russian and from what I've seen their conception is closer to what westerners call sissies: effeminate boys who're taken advantage of sexually and emasculated, usually by older men. That idea literally goes back to Bible days. It's a little known fact that the verse "thou shall not lie with a man as one would with a woman" would be better-translated as "don't fuck the pubescent boy prostitutes, not even if they're dressed up like women, okay?". That's been going on in the Middle East for thousands of years and still happens today, even.
You have written what I meant in a better way, though I disagree that traps don't have to crossdress because it's always been the main feature of anime traps together with their girly looking hair, and if we take it away, we may as well end up with a femboy and not a trapping trap.

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
I probably found some people who could help me with translations and proof-reading.
So just wait for new updates.

Also, about a discussions around Trap term. Probably I gonna change the title a bit.
Maybe just Becoming a Femboy? word femboy has more meaning behind it (more accurate for this situation), but trap - is just some kind of meme thing :D

Docc777

May 14, 2018
Like the Art. But it is hard to enjoy the story at the moment.
I would say getting someone that helps with proofreading is just as important as new content.
Will keep an eye on this project!

Reactions: dev_muffin
4.50 star(s) 49 Votes