Milfs4Ever

Apr 1, 2023
I am keeping an eye on this thread and taking everything on board ..

As for the gameplay issues people are reporting .. Disclaimer : I've not been a big AVN player in my life so I can't say I know all the ins and outs ..

List out some issues you have with things and I'll look into making appropriate changes where I can and jiggle with early chapters to address any issues.
u need a Game Developer tag for ur account and we need an i-patch too :LUL: or at least knowing the planned tags
btw u soo fucking good with these renders good luck man

• Haha
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
where I can find chapter 2? After the game there is a hint of downloading chapter 2?
You can find the download for Chapter 2 here :

But you'll need to be at least the "Soldier" tier to unlock it.

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
u need a Game Developer tag for ur account and we need a i-patch too :LUL: or at least knowing the planned tags
btw u soo fucking good with these renders good luck man
I'm new round these here parts .. all that is mumbo-jumbo to me .. :)..(other than the end bit .. thanks!)

Reactions: Arguendo

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
So basically this game's main feature (Ironman) is to remove other features from the game... absolute genius.
No .. Ironman isn't a "main feature" .. it's an option .. like it is in any other game that employs Ironman mode .. If you don't want to - don't play Ironman .. it's not too difficult to work out.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
behind the curtain is a visually stunning game that unfortunately falls short in terms of content and length. As soon as you start, you're drawn into a beautifully crafted world filled with rich colors and intricate details. The initial excitement, however, quickly fades as you realize the game is over almost as soon as it begins.

The storyline, though promising, feels rushed and incomplete. Players are introduced to a mystical land with hints of deep lore and complex characters, but these elements are barely explored. The game teases an epic adventure, but before you can fully immerse yourself, the credits roll. This abrupt ending leaves a sense of unfinished business and a longing for more.

Gameplay mechanics are solid, with smooth controls and engaging puzzles. However, the limited content means you don’t get to enjoy these features for long. The potential for a great game is evident, but it feels more like a prologue than a complete experience.

In summary, behind the curtian offers a tantalizing glimpse into a fascinating world but ultimately leaves players wanting more. It’s a game that could have been great with more depth and content, but as it stands, it feels disappointingly incomplete.
halt1234 The dev launched chapter 1 and 2 at the same time, it's just only chapter 1 is free, chapter 2 is in his patreon. Perhaps if you play both chapters in one run, the experience feels more complete. I think chapter 1 is what you said: a prologue.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Is it possible to skip the husbands POVs?
Not 100% sure but they look like they are just in the story to be cucks.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
No .. Ironman isn't a "main feature" .. it's an option .. like it is in any other game that employs Ironman mode .. If you don't want to - don't play Ironman .. it's not too difficult to work out.
Call it however you want, but it's just a pointless gimmick for me. But since it's optional, I have nothing against it.
Maybe, just as an observation, I wouldn't lock all the achievements behind that mode, given that I don't think more than 10% of the player base will choose Ironman. Maybe give them a restricted set of exclusive achievements, leaving the majority to all players? It's just a thought, I personally don't care about achievements.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Hey. I used to watch his youtube tutorials, this looks like nothing I would like in terms of setting and the fetishes we are heading into, but its cool to see him trying his luck with AVNs!
Same, i still gave it a quick try and have to say the ui and everything feels different compared to the usual avn and the renders look great too. Im just really not sure he's doing himself a favor with the multi-protag setup and the storyline for his first avn but good luck!

Reactions: Larry2000

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Rauko001 My advices to you:

1. A lot of people here are very rude, this site is full of trolls, my advise is to treat yourself as an important brand: respond to the comments politely everytime, even if those are rude, and learn to not paying attention to the hate, sarcastic and troll comments, those don't dictate the truth about your game.

2. The most of the players are very superficial, they want top models as characters. If you want your game to be more popular you need to incorporate that kind of girls. Although seeing more conventional and realistic looks can be refreshing for some people.

I see that you already has done renders of very hot girls. Maybe you could include some of them in the game.

rauko-2-1.jpg

3. The automatic skip bar inside the game has no purpose, it creates an unnecessary sense of urgency and it generates confussion, my advise is to remove it and let the player advance through the frames manually.

1718143724981.png

A clock bar could be useful in specific situations such as the player need to choose an option quickly. For example, when the character is running for someone and need to choose going left or right.

4. The long animations are no problem, despite of some people didn't like them, they actually increase the values of the game. Giving the option 'skip movie' is great, but that option should skip one animation at once, not all of them as happened in the blowjob scene. You should correct that.

5. The most of adult VN players prefer one single protagonist to have an inmersive experience: to feel like they are the main character. You could remain with your artistic vision like now. Or you could change to one main protagonist and small scenes of other characters from time to time, if you want more players and patrons.

6. Once your game is here, if you have certain success, leaks of the patreon versions of your game are inevitable, even the same week of a release. You should learn to live with that, although you could always ask the favor to not leak the game too early after a release.

7. Steam is a great place for profit, you should release the game there after having a significant amount of content, for example, one full season, something like 10 chapters. Or you could release a free demo first there, like 5 chapters, to get new patrons. Itch.io is a good site too. And oppaiman.com appears as a new option too. You should try to publish your game in all those sites.

8. Eventually make cross-promotions with other devs of similar amount of patrons (they promote your game in their patreon in exchange of you promoting theirs).

9. If you aren't very familiar with adult VNs, I think you should play the DeLuca Family, as an example, that's the one I know that has a great reputation in the mob genre here. Ironically, it seems that it hasn't too many sexual scenes, I haven't played it yet.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Call it however you want, but it's just a pointless gimmick for me. But since it's optional, I have nothing against it.
Maybe, just as an observation, I wouldn't lock all the achievements behind that mode, given that I don't think more than 10% of the player base will choose Ironman. Maybe give them a restricted set of exclusive achievements, leaving the majority to all players? It's just a thought, I personally don't care about achievements.
It's unlikely that I will play this game (multiple protagonist and more than possible Netorare make it very very difficult), what is impossible is that I will do it in Ironman mode. As in your case, losing achievements is something I don't care about.

Rauko001

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2023
Rauko001 My advices to you:

1. A lot of people here are very rude, this site is full of trolls, my advise is to treat yourself as an important brand: respond to the comments politely everytime, even if those are rude, and learn to not paying attention to the hate, sarcastic and troll comments, those don't dictate the truth about your game.

2. The most of the players are very superficial, they want top models as characters. If you want your game to be more popular you need to incorporate that kind of girls. Although seeing more conventional and realistic looks can be refreshing for some people.

I see that you already has done renders of very hot girls. Maybe you could include some of them in the game.

rauko-2-1.jpg
Thanks for the detailed response .. that's the type I can work with. I'll respond to some of the points you raised.

2. "Hot Girls" .. Any criticism in that area doesn't really bother me. We live on a planet of 8 billion people. We all have different likes and dislikes. Some like 'em skinny, some like 'em fat, some like blondes, some like brunettes. In that area - you're not going to please everybody all the time. I've had just as much feedback saying the opposite to what some have said here on that score - so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Oh, and I know what I have coming .. ;) .. Although I might give a makeover to one or two side characters going forward

3. Timer Bar. Understood. Seemed like a good idea at the time "Press a button if you want to but if not, we'll move on automatically in 2 .. 1 .. 0"

4. An animation is an animation - there's no real middle ground. You either watch it or you don't. Yes - on that ONE video and any going forward, it seems like a good idea in hindsight allowing jumping to the next loop rather than all or nothing. I'll fix that tomorrow.

5. "Multi protagonists" - that ones tricky. The individual arcs moving forward are all intertwined. It designed like that. The story won't work as a single protagonist or even as a limited multi.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
2. "Hot Girls" .. Any criticism in that area doesn't really bother me. We live on a planet of 8 billion people. We all have different likes and dislikes. Some like 'em skinny, some like 'em fat, some like blondes, some like brunettes. In that area - you're not going to please everybody all the time. I've had just as much feedback saying the opposite to what some have said here on that score - so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Oh, and I know what I have coming .. ;) .. Although I might give a makeover to one or two side characters going forward
I mostly agree with this response. Some are heavily criticizing the looks of the some of the girls, but I do also like them a bit more natural. My partner and I had a character that looked like she got hit too hard with the ugly stick, so we gave them small revisions to make them a little better. So it's not impossible to make small changes (If you see them as not too intrusive of course) that can engender a slightly better affect.

That said, I'm glad you're thinking of making small changes to other characters. Because the idea is to consider and in my opinion, that's a good thing. You don't have to follow through, but at least listen and see the critcism from their perspective before saying "Nah, I like them the way they are" for the sake of a different lens.

5. "Multi protagonists" - that ones tricky. The individual arcs moving forward are all intertwined. It designed like that. The story won't work as a single protagonist or even as a limited multi.
I agree, this one IS tricky. The fact is though, that multi protagonist games usually tend to meander and take people out of the story. I know for me I rarely, if ever, even click on a multi protag game let alone play it.

What is so important to the story that can't be handled in limited? If you don't mind, I'd like to get more details on it. Even in DM if you don't mind. I like to see how different Dev's process plotlines, cause I look at them very differently.

One question I DO have is:

What fetishes are you planning to have in this game? There are a few that I won't say, but I really don't like. I'd like to know which ones might be unsavory.

Lastly, I was looking at your name when I saw this game and I'm like "Why is Rauko so familiar to me?" Then I realized I'm a sub to your Youtube :D I got recommended you by a friend of mine that also does some great Daz renders. He said you guys were cool and that you were good. Or maybe I'm misremembering, but for sure he said you're good. So I hope to see what you do. Maybe not if the game is Multiprotag, but it'd be interesting to talk to you about the process :D

Good luck!

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for the detailed response .. that's the type I can work with. I'll respond to some of the points you raised.

3. Timer Bar. Understood. Seemed like a good idea at the time "Press a button if you want to but if not, we'll move on automatically in 2 .. 1 .. 0"

4. An animation is an animation - there's no real middle ground. You either watch it or you don't. Yes - on that ONE video and any going forward, it seems like a good idea in hindsight allowing jumping to the next loop rather than all or nothing. I'll fix that tomorrow.

I forgot something important, you should enable the skip option in ren'py, so the players can move forward quickly in a second run to choose another options different than the first time or if they lost their saves.

JaySanity

Mar 23, 2020
Wow, I've learned a lot about Daz from watching his tutorials, had no idea he was making a game now. I'll definitely check this one out, wishing all the best for him!

Reactions: fishbulb123

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I agree, this one IS tricky. The fact is though, that multi protagonist games usually tend to meander and take people out of the story. I know for me I rarely, if ever, even click on a multi protag game let alone play it.

What fetishes are you planning to have in this game? There are a few that I won't say, but I really don't like. I'd like to know which ones might be unsavory.

Good luck!
Agree with these two things. At the end of the day, if the story cant be told without multiprog it is what it is, it just means the game/story isnt for me.

Games where you control multiple protags are like 99/100 of the sharing/cheating/3 letter word variety and thats just not my cup of tea. I honestly cant think of the last multi proj game that I played.

Like every other game on here, it all depends on what kind of content is planned for the future, and without being told what the plans are its just not worth sinking time into a game where a kink/fetish might get added that would just ruin it in a years time.

TheLoneReader

Aug 28, 2023
While this premise is not something I'd normally be interested in, the renders look so good that I'mma DL it anyway. Wow.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Very nice renders... terrible gameplay experience.

The constant prompts are annoying. The constant timer on scenes are annoying. Full-length movies instead of loops so you end up doing a lot of sitting and waiting for stuff to complete. Hard pauses used (yuck). If you want achievements (I don't care about them), but if you do, you have to play with Ironman mode, which strips out basic Ren'Py functionality.
That's exactly what I was coming to say, but I don't think that will last long, soon some good Samaritan will create a mod to fix those... unnecessary details.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes