Behind the Dune and Vega Hunters Legacy Packs (and all things Balsamique)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Dec 11, 2018
Are you a superfan of Balsamique's games? Do you want to explore some old versions and see what's different? Maybe you will find something, that you've never seen before.
Or do you just want a quick fap? There's galleries as well.
It's all in here. Everything. (Almost)

Notice: I haven't updated this in a while and probably won't in the foreseeable future. Ever since Balsamique's patreon went kaput I haven't been able to keep up with his latest content. Maybe some day Subscribestar will have more payment options and I can actually subscribe there. Maybe I will find another source for his paywalled stuff. But for the time being I don't want to update this archive, which I have started with the intent of having the most complete collection of Balsamique's stuff anywhere on the internet.
That being said, this is still a good resource and you will find stuff here, that you won't easily find elsewhere.

soon™

The Behind the Dune Big-Ass Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete! as of May 2023
Version 4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Vega Hunters Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete!
Version 1.2

The Horror in Hongdae Legacy Pack?

Aaaaand...

Legacy Pack Preview.png Legacy Pack Preview2.png misc preview.png

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018
Ack! No, that wasn't intentional.
Thanks for pointing this out to me.

I'm not gonna rectify this error right now, though. My upload speed is dogshit and I don't want to re-upload the whole archive again just for these two pictures.

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
The Behind the Dune Big-Ass Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete!
Version 3

~If you have anything, that is missing here, please post it, so I can add it to the archive! ~
Not really somehing that's missing, but I noticed that the image in the Mods folder describind MXOsborn's Naughty Tribute Mod had its name changed from Naughty Tribute Mod by MXOsborn.png to Untitled-1.fw.png

I also have a few files that I think you might now have, or have them but in a lower resolution. I'm not 100% sure that none of them are in the V3 Pack, but I tried my best to find them and couldn't. I'll post them following this message, so that you can add them to the Pack if they're indeed missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: reynold.biplane

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
This is an image I couldn't find anywhere in the Pack, though I have the feeling it's actually in there. But I'm not really sure, since there are some variants to this pose that are not really the same.

20210515_220449.jpg

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
And here's a compilation of sketches.

671696_AliaSTriumph.jpg is similar to Gallery/Endings/AliaSTriumph2.jpg but has male sardaukar guards instead of female fedaykin ones.

As for the rest, I just couldn't find them in the Pack.

Reactions: Gabaw

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Finally, I found an AVI version of Gallery/[Fanart]/Edits/Alia Fan Animation.mp4 but I don't think there's any need to share it. It's a 311Mb file that's the exact same video as the 2.51Mb MP4 file. Let me know if you want it, but I checked a couple of times and it's really the same thing, just uncompressed.

Reactions: Gabaw
Dec 11, 2018
Not really somehing that's missing, but I noticed that the image in the Mods folder describind MXOsborn's Naughty Tribute Mod had its name changed from Naughty Tribute Mod by MXOsborn.png to Untitled-1.fw.png
Good catch. I have no idea, what happened there.

This is a higher resolution version of the file Gallery/[Fanart]/haraPrinted1_copie.jpg
I purposefully didn't include this one. The image quality isn't any better, it's just larger. If I blow up the other picture to the same size, they look the same.

This is an image I couldn't find anywhere in the Pack, though I have the feeling it's actually in there. But I'm not really sure, since there are some variants to this pose that are not really the same.
I had included this picture previously, but reconsidered it this time. It's not really an unfinished version of a picture, a WIP or anything of that sort. It's just a static part of an animation and I thought it didn't really belong in the gallery.
If anyone was that interested in seeing this type of thing, they could just rip all the assets from the game itself.

And here's a compilation of sketches.

671696_AliaSTriumph.jpg is similar to Gallery/Endings/AliaSTriumph2.jpg but has male sardaukar guards instead of female fedaykin ones.

As for the rest, I just couldn't find them in the Pack.
3.jpg is in the Extra Art folder already as sketch1.jpg

I have added AliaSTriumph.jpg to the gallery now. Now I know, why the other sketch is called AliaSTiumph2.

sketches1_2.jpg is kinda already there. I have separated the sketches. That means of course, that the snake lady sketch isn't in the gallery. It doesn't belong there anyway. I put it with the finished picture in another gallery (still working on that one, will post it maybe next week).

I have decided to not include any preview pictures of updates in the archive, since their various components are already there.
Maybe I should rethink that, though. Those previews might go well with the changelogs to make it easier to find specific versions.

yueh_tests_copie.jpg is currently in the Lost Art folder, because the B-picture never made it into the game. I really should have separated these sketches, like I have done with some of the others.

Good catch on the Guild Navigator sketch. It seems to be an older version of the sketch I already had. The boobs are different. I will put this in the Lost Art folder.

The sketch of Harah from different angles I have also separated from the other stuff and it's in the Extra Art folder. But now I've noticed, that the little picture of Irulan with Harah isn't there. So I will rectify that.

Similar deal with the sketch of Jessica and Irulan + Irulan standing naked. Separated and included on their own.

The Harkonnen ending sketch is in the Lost Art folder already.

thumb7.jpg I already have in the Lost Art folder. This one is missing some stuff along the edges.

Finally, I found an AVI version of Gallery/[Fanart]/Edits/Alia Fan Animation.mp4 but I don't think there's any need to share it. It's a 311Mb file that's the exact same video as the 2.51Mb MP4 file. Let me know if you want it, but I checked a couple of times and it's really the same thing, just uncompressed.
I used to have that file in the archive and replaced it with the smaller one. I think 311MB is unreasonable for such a short scene.

Thanks for helping out!

Reactions: Gabaw and Finuee

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Good catch. I have no idea, what happened there.
Happens all the time. :)

I purposefully didn't include this one. The image quality isn't any better, it's just larger. If I blow up the other picture to the same size, they look the same.
The resolution is slightly better on the larger one, as you can see when zooming in into detailed areas of the image, like the hands. Then again, it's really not noticeable by the human eye in normal circumstances. Just thought you might be interested in replacing one with the other, but it makes sense if you don't, because the difference is hardly noticeable.

1679389501226.png

I had included this picture previously, but reconsidered it this time. It's not really an unfinished version of a picture, a WIP or anything of that sort. It's just a static part of an animation and I thought it didn't really belong in the gallery.
If anyone was that interested in seeing this type of thing, they could just rip all the assets from the game itself.
Makes perfect sense.

3.jpg is in the Extra Art folder already as sketch1.jpg
That's true, I didn't find it, sorry. I compared them now, though, and 3.jpg has a slightly better quality, so you might consider renaming it to sketch1.jpg and replacing the lower resolution one.

I have added AliaSTriumph.jpg to the gallery now. Now I know, why the other sketch is called AliaSTiumph2.
Glad this helped! :) Maybe you could rename it to remove the numbers at the beginning of the filename, so they sit together.

sketches1_2.jpg is kinda already there. I have separated the sketches. That means of course, that the snake lady sketch isn't in the gallery. It doesn't belong there anyway. I put it with the finished picture in another gallery (still working on that one, will post it maybe next week).
Ah, so that's why it looked familiar. Also, it makes sense to remove the left part, since it doesn't belong with BtD.

I have decided to not include any preview pictures of updates in the archive, since their various components are already there.
Maybe I should rethink that, though. Those previews might go well with the changelogs to make it easier to find specific versions.
That might be a good idea, though once again it also makes perfect sense to remove them from the gallery.

yueh_tests_copie.jpg is currently in the Lost Art folder, because the B-picture never made it into the game. I really should have separated these sketches, like I have done with some of the others.
I see it now. And yours has way better resolution than the one I had sitting around.

Good catch on the Guild Navigator sketch. It seems to be an older version of the sketch I already had. The boobs are different. I will put this in the Lost Art folder.
Now that I found it, there are really only very minor differences with the one in Gallery/only Guild Navigator/test1_copie2.jpg so maybe it should belong there instead of in [Lost Art]?

The sketch of Harah from different angles I have also separated from the other stuff and it's in the Extra Art folder. But now I've noticed, that the little picture of Irulan with Harah isn't there. So I will rectify that.
And there's also the Joseph Michael Linsner reference pic, which made my day. ;)

Similar deal with the sketch of Jessica and Irulan + Irulan standing naked. Separated and included on their own.

thumb7.jpg I already have in the Lost Art folder. This one is missing some stuff along the edges.
Nice, I couldn't find them, sorry about that.

The Harkonnen ending sketch is in the Lost Art folder already.
Once again, the one I got has a slightly higher resolution, but it's not a big deal. Just though you might want to know in case you want to replace yours with the higher res one.

I used to have that file in the archive and replaced it with the smaller one. I think 311MB is unreasonable for such a short scene.
Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense. Just thought I'd mention it, in case you wanted it for any reason. But I also think the filesize is absurd. And it's basically the same animation, not even higher quality or anything. I'll just delete my copy, was holding on it just in case you wanted it for some reason.

Thanks for helping out!
Thanks to you for making such a thorough compilation! Not just getting all this stuf together, but also so carefully curating the collection!

I want to finish by making sure you know I'm in no way criticizing your work here. On the contrary, I admire what you did, and just want to help if I can. :)

Dec 11, 2018
More Stuff!

I am now pretty much done, with what I had planned from the beginning. From here on out, it's only gonna be updates.

There is now a gallery for Horror in Hongdae.

And a gallery for Balsamique's miscellaneous works.

While digging through more online galleries, to make sure, that I have everything, I've also come across a small number of missing pictures of Behind the Dune and Vega Hunters.
Together with the stuff, that was mentioned in this thread, there's enough to warrant updating those archives as well.

However, I don't want to update the BtD Legacy Pack, before David has released v2.36 of the game.
This is because I plan to add a small collection of saves. Yes, more than one. Not just for the 100% gallery, but also for quick access to various postgame content, that require taking different paths.
It would be silly to do this now, with the next update just around the corner.

I want to finish by making sure you know I'm in no way criticizing your work here. On the contrary, I admire what you did, and just want to help if I can. :)
Your help and interest in this project is appreciated. I didn't sense any criticism from you. Besides, my work isn't above criticism.

Last edited:

Sangkudde

Sep 6, 2017
Got any tips for how to get SWF files to work? Since adobe flash isnt available idk how to get it to play

Dec 11, 2018
Got any tips for how to get SWF files to work? Since adobe flash isnt available idk how to get it to play
Use a standalone flash player.
Both Legacy Packs contain flashplayer_32_sa.exe. That should work. I guess I should've put that one into the HiH gallery as well, since that one contains a single swf file.
Here it is again:

Dec 11, 2018
Update!

BtD Legacy Pack
got a few more pictures and a few in better quality, that I've managed to scrounge up from all across the web and from this very thread. Thanks again!
Also, as promised, a set of save files for important or interesting points in the game. All with 100% unlocked gallery, naturally. Be sure to read the instructions on how to use them.

The archive is split into two downloads this time. Because the game versions make up the bulk of the archive and I added nothing to it besides the newest version 3.35.6, I've sectioned this part off into a seperate download.

The gallery of Balsamique's miscellaneous works got updated with a small handful of older pictures from here and there, but mostly with his recent experiments in creating AI assisted art. Mostly jailbait. The stuff, that was too hot for pixiv fanbox.
R.I.P. Balsa

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
When replacing the game save with the ones provided, I always get loaded to the end of the game with everyone in the palace greeting me as the new emperor, no matter the save file I replace it with, also tried the workaround to rename the game to "BehindTheDune.exe" as instructed in the txt file but to no avail. Double/triple checked the filepath, even deleted it and let the game generate a new one, but nothing seem to work.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote