Behind the Dune and Vega Hunters Legacy Packs (and all things Balsamique)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Dec 11, 2018
I played around with different versions and most of the saves, and these are my findings so far:

View attachment 2710793

So it seems the save format doesn't work at all before version 2.22 (which would make sense considering the save file name), and mostly works after that, except that newer content is not available, and the inventory breaks when the save file includes items that don't exist in that version.

Would you like me to try any version number in particular?
Cool, thanks!

The results aren't all that surprising, except for the inventory being broken in 2.22, since the inventory was already implemented in 2.20. Does "broken" in this case mean, that the inventory isn't there, or only that it doesn't work properly? The latter would make sense, because the inventory contains an item (seed bulb), that wasn't available in that version. The former wouldn't make sense.

Weirdly enough, I could play v2.18 without much problem. Non-implemented features weren't there, obviuously. But the game accepted the saves. Could you try 2.18 on your end? And also 2.21?

Reactions: Gabaw and Finuee

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Cool, thanks!

The results aren't all that surprising, except for the inventory being broken in 2.22, since the inventory was already implemented in 2.20. Does "broken" in this case mean, that the inventory isn't there, or only that it doesn't work properly? The latter would make sense, because the inventory contains an item (seed bulb), that wasn't available in that version. The former wouldn't make sense.
The inventory was there, but didn't work properly. Each slot of the inventory was filled with the same item, and that item kept changing on its own every few seconds. I didn't try to show those items to any character, though. I can post a screenshot of the "broken" inventory if you want, though maybe it'd be easier for you to just load save 7 with version 2.22.1.

Weirdly enough, I could play v2.18 without much problem. Non-implemented features weren't there, obviuously. But the game accepted the saves. Could you try 2.18 on your end? And also 2.21?
I will try 2.18 and 2.21 as soon as I get some free time. I thought it'd make more sense to just try a few scattered versions from all accross the board than going one by one in chronological order. Bear in mind that, when the chart says No it means that the game worked but it ignored the save file. That is, when deploying that save and launching the game, there was no "Resume" option, but instead it was "Play" and, when clicking on it, the game started at day 1. Also, when selecting "Load" it displayed a "No saved game" message (wording might be different, I'm typing from memory).

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
In case anybody's interested, I've made a few banners for BtD and HiH.

The ones for Behind the Dune:

banner-alia.png banner-arrakeen.png banner-orgy.png banner-paul_green.png

And the ones for Horror in Hongdae:

banner-karaoke.png banner-logo.png banner-police.png banner-three.png

As you can see below, I'm using some of them for my own signature. You can just right-click any of the images above to get the image URL from your browser's context menu, and then use that in your signature using the "Insert image" option.

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
dumb question, but has Balsamique released the Horror in Hongdae Honey Select 2 character cards like he did for Behind the Dune? I really want to have them.

Dec 11, 2018
dumb question, but has Balsamique released the Horror in Hongdae Honey Select 2 character cards like he did for Behind the Dune? I really want to have them.
Not that I know of. I didn't even know that he has made HS models of those characters. Where did you see that?

Also, I haven't had access to any of his new stuff, ever since he got booted from patreon and pixiv. None of his subscribestar content has been leaked yet, as far as I know, and I am unable to subscribe myself, because of the limited payment options.

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
Not that I know of. I didn't even know that he has made HS models of those characters. Where did you see that?
I saw one image of the secretary where she has a non-traced Honey Select face (It could be a DAZ model too, idk) The one where she's holding Chad. It's in the extras.

Also, I haven't had access to any of his new stuff, ever since he got booted from patreon and pixiv. None of his subscribestar content has been leaked yet, as far as I know, and I am unable to subscribe myself, because of the limited payment options.
Damn. Well, back to the daily grind.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for answering so quick tho.

Dec 11, 2018
Oh, you mean this?
porte sketch.jpg
I wouldn't be surprised, if he already made the character cards available for his subscribers. He posted the Dune ones on Patreon. We can only wait and hope for a hero.

Oct 31, 2023
Are you a superfan of Balsamique's games? Do you want to explore some old versions and see what's different? Maybe you will find something, that you've never seen before.
Or do you just want a quick fap? There's galleries as well.
It's all in here. Everything. (Almost)

The Behind the Dune Big-Ass Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete!
Version 4

The Vega Hunters Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete!
Version 1.2

The Horror in Hongdae Legacy Pack?

Aaaaand...

View attachment 2454038 View attachment 2454044 View attachment 2596907
Tkz!..yummy! +1

ezgif-2-ac3ac252f4.gif

Jackdawson123

Nov 28, 2023
Are you a superfan of Balsamique's games? Do you want to explore some old versions and see what's different? Maybe you will find something, that you've never seen before.
Or do you just want a quick fap? There's galleries as well.
It's all in here. Everything. (Almost)

Notice: I haven't updated this in a while and probably won't in the foreseeable future. Ever since Balsamique's patreon went kaput I haven't been able to keep up with his latest content. Maybe some day Subscribestar will have more payment options and I can actually subscribe there. Maybe I will find another source for his paywalled stuff. But for the time being I don't want to update this archive, which I have started with the intent of having the most complete collection of Balsamique's stuff anywhere on the internet.
That being said, this is still a good resource and you will find stuff here, that you won't easily find elsewhere.

The Behind the Dune Big-Ass Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete! as of May 2023
Version 4

The Vega Hunters Legacy Pack - Mostly Complete!
Version 1.2

The Horror in Hongdae Legacy Pack?

Aaaaand...

View attachment 2454038 View attachment 2454044 View attachment 2596907
Do you have this last scene in the walkthrough in the archives? I can’t find it. IMG_0039.jpeg

Dec 11, 2018
Do you have this last scene in the walkthrough in the archives? I can’t find it.
No, I haven't updated this thing in a while, due to me being unable to access Balsa's Subscribestar content.
I have thought about making screenshots of everything, but that's kind of a half-assed solution, and making animated gifs would be too much work. And that still wouldn't solve the fundamental problem.

Reactions: 17862810652
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote