Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SirFelWinter

Jul 14, 2020
Ive been getting into daz and thought i would start off to test my new knowledge over the past couple of weeks researching on making fan art of one of my fave games being a dik however, i want my lighting to look the way it does in the game with the really bright characters. Does anyone have any tips and if they know what method the author uses. as i cant seem to get that effect with spotlights or anything. if anybody can give me some insight on how DrPinkCake does his lighting for his renders i would be grateful. Thanks in advance. i have attacthed an image of what i mean how the character is really bright but also looks real when i try to use a light bright enough to lighten the skin they just look like they are telling a horror story with a torch under their face. ep1_frmdorm_sleep.jpg

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Ive been getting into daz and thought i would start off to test my new knowledge over the past couple of weeks researching on making fan art of one of my fave games being a dik however, i want my lighting to look the way it does in the game with the really bright characters. Does anyone have any tips and if they know what method the author uses. as i cant seem to get that effect with spotlights or anything. if anybody can give me some insight on how DrPinkCake does his lighting for his renders i would be grateful. Thanks in advance. i have attacthed an image of what i mean how the character is really bright but also looks real when i try to use a light bright enough to lighten the skin they just look like they are telling a horror story with a torch under their face. View attachment 808516
Try playing with ISO in the Render menu. But my best guess is that DPC is doing some post-processing to compress the dynamic range of the final image.

Reactions: SirFelWinter
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes