Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SirFelWinter

Jul 14, 2020
Try playing with ISO in the Render menu. But my best guess is that DPC is doing some post-processing to compress the dynamic range of the final image.
Thanks for your reply, im new to daz and photography terms so im going to look into ISO, im comfortable in photoshop however so do you know what kind of stuff DPC would be doing in post production?

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
Ive been getting into daz and thought i would start off to test my new knowledge over the past couple of weeks researching on making fan art of one of my fave games being a dik however, i want my lighting to look the way it does in the game with the really bright characters. Does anyone have any tips and if they know what method the author uses. as i cant seem to get that effect with spotlights or anything. if anybody can give me some insight on how DrPinkCake does his lighting for his renders i would be grateful. Thanks in advance. i have attacthed an image of what i mean how the character is really bright but also looks real when i try to use a light bright enough to lighten the skin they just look like they are telling a horror story with a torch under their face. View attachment 808516
For that render specifically he most likely just used the scenes own lights which are actually pretty good, probably uses hdri's for the environment too. As for post work, no idea, but I've been doing canvases lately which lets me change the lighting really well in Photoshop.

ISO would be under render settings on the tone mapping tab.

If you don't know canvases the youtube video in post explains it really well.

Here's the link directly to the but the thread might have something else useful.

Reactions: Real Kreten

SirFelWinter

Jul 14, 2020
For that render specifically he most likely just used the scenes own lights which are actually pretty good, probably uses hdri's for the environment too. As for post work, no idea, but I've been doing canvases lately which lets me change the lighting really well in Photoshop.

ISO would be under render settings on the tone mapping tab.

If you don't know canvases the youtube video in post explains it really well.

Here's the link directly to the but the thread might have something else useful.
Ah right okay thanks for your help. Do you know what scene he used? ill be interested to check it out. Thanks for the link to the video ill look into that shortly.

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
Ah right okay thanks for your help. Do you know what scene he used? ill be interested to check it out. Thanks for the link to the video ill look into that shortly.
This is the . Things have been moved around but it can be pieced together from game images and you can change the colors through the surface tab.

If you play around with the lighting and stuff you will probably get close to it, it's just going to take time and practice. He might also use IES light profiles, I got mine from but there are tons and tons available.

SirFelWinter

Jul 14, 2020
This is the . Things have been moved around but it can be pieced together from game images and you can change the colors through the surface tab.

If you play around with the lighting and stuff you will probably get close to it, it's just going to take time and practice. He might also use IES light profiles, I got mine from but there are tons and tons available.
Thank you, IES these are all new terms to me, it seems i have alot of research to do. Thank you

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
100% Aurore but I gave you the wrong skin. The right one is in as pointed on this post.
Are you sure about the skin ? The one that you just pointed to is a Gen3 skin, and though it is possible to graft a Gen3 skin on a Gen8 character, I doubt that it is the case here.

karthikNM

Mar 23, 2020
Are you sure about the skin ? The one that you just pointed to is a Gen3 skin, and though it is possible to graft a Gen3 skin on a Gen8 character, I doubt that it is the case here.
For Maya skin and body p3d Elvira works fine.
For Josy skin Isabella for Gabriela and body Isabella, for head Isabella head at 50 % ,Josie 50%.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes