Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Donor
Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone, I take this opportunity to introduce myself
I recently discovered Being a Dik by chance and I have been researching and learning how to use Daz studio for 1 month
Here is my first render based on the characters from Being a Dik:
My version of Bella. I still have to give the face some touch-ups to make it exactly like the original model. I hope you like it
Regards View attachment 836742
Really good job, especially considering this is your first render - keep up the good work, mate!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you. I'm using pre-rendered background images in this series. After creating environmental elements I'm setting up the lighting and then rendering it. After that I'm setting up my character scene and matching my light sources with the pre-rendered image. Then I merge my character render and the pre-rendered background image in Photoshop. After necessary touches and fixes I import my image into Lightroom. I'm using a lot of dials along with presets to get this final look.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Both versions look fantastic. :love:

Would it be too much to ask for the raw versions of these recent profile renders? :unsure:

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Both versions look fantastic. :love:

Would it be too much to ask for the raw versions of these recent profile renders? :unsure:
Thank you. Sure, I can do that but even on raw renders the colors looks washed out. I think something is wrong about on her skin shader. I'll probably fix it later.

Here you go;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Whocares65

Jul 26, 2020
Updated Josy even further. I think I made her irises a bit too big though. But upon further inspection, I tried to "triangulate" her head a bit more to give her the thinner chin and I widened her nose ridge a bit. Made her lips a little bigger but lessened the width of the mouth. I think this looks a little bit better than it did. Of course, I'd be here all day trying to get the EXACT morphs, but I think what I can do is lessen the iris size just a bit.

View attachment 391916
That's pretty bang on. What morphs on the Layla face did you use to get her so close? Are you using the package? I don't see an option to increase the iris size, and I'm not sure how to reduce the area of the forehead.

If you could share the DUF, that'd be even better. I'm trying to get better than morphing models, but I can't seem to capture the small details right. There's a sweetness to Josy that I'm totally missing. She's for sure harder than Maya (although there's definitely more to Maya than just the Aurore as well, but you can get pretty close w/ just that).

shitty_josy.jpg

Update: OK, this one has the right skin, better nose, and IMO better chin. Looks better IMO, but still off. Eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and jaw are issues. Josy's jaw has a pretty sharp angle, so I'm maxing out Jaw Shape Angular, but this makes the jaw look bigger than the cheeks and the face doesn't look smooth.

shitty_josy_2.jpg

Last edited:

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
That's pretty bang on. What morphs on the Layla face did you use to get her so close? Are you using the package? I don't see an option to increase the iris size, and I'm not sure how to reduce the area of the forehead.

If you could share the DUF, that'd be even better. I'm trying to get better than morphing models, but I can't seem to capture the small details right. There's a sweetness to Josy that I'm totally missing. She's for sure harder than Maya (although there's definitely more to Maya than just the Aurore as well, but you can get pretty close w/ just that).

View attachment 837934

Update: OK, this one has the right skin, better nose, and IMO better chin. Looks better IMO, but still off. Eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and jaw are issues. Josy's jaw has a pretty sharp angle, so I'm maxing out Jaw Shape Angular, but this makes the jaw look bigger than the cheeks and the face doesn't look smooth.

View attachment 838150
one has an Iris size morph.
Mr Vargas shared his duf for Josy, its pretty damn close too.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Whocares65

Jul 26, 2020
one has an Iris size morph.
Mr Vargas shared his duf for Josy, its pretty damn close too.
Yes, thanks, I saw & downloaded Mr. Vargas's DUF. I'm missing a bunch of files, but after applying the Livia skin, eyes, and redoing the Linda hair, I get:

josy_vargas.jpg

There are probably a bunch of morph packages I'm missing, but I'm sure it is damn close given Vargas' usual quality of work.

It's just crazy how DPC used pretty much unaltered marketplace models for Acting Lessons, and somehow he's making these amazing looking characters now. How the hell does one go from zero to hero so fast? Is he really tuning 100 knobs like this for each character? Or are we maybe overthinking how he's doing these?

Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
This was an old render I did back in May with the old card, somehow I forgot to post it, even Quinn looks different from my current one also the quality is lower, I just post it because I found it, nothing special, I did another similar with Riona too that I posted back then.
QuinnC.png

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes