Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

MetaJosh

Oct 14, 2017
Try using a large softbox style light source that is two feet above the model, with the light source edge a foot in front of the model, and tilting towards the model by fifteen degrees. This lighting set up is absolutely beautiful in portraits! You can use a gradient filter to raise exposure in photoshop afterwards to fix the uneven exposure from light falloff.

You can find out how to mimic photography light sources on youtube.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Extraordinarily well done. Just out of curiosity, how much of this is done in Daz & how much is post work? Much of that lighting seems like post, for example. Maybe you can show a before/after post?
Thank you. I'm using pre-rendered background images in this series. After creating environmental elements I'm setting up the lighting and then rendering it. After that I'm setting up my character scene and matching my light sources with the pre-rendered image. Then I merge my character render and the pre-rendered background image in Photoshop. After necessary touches and fixes I import my image into Lightroom. I'm using a lot of dials along with presets to get this final look.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Whocares65

Jul 26, 2020
Thank you. I'm using pre-rendered background images in this series. After creating environmental elements I'm setting up the lighting and then rendering it. After that I'm setting up my character scene and matching my light sources with the pre-rendered image. Then I merge my character render and the pre-rendered background image in Photoshop. After necessary touches and fixes I import my image to Lightroom. I'm using a lot of dials along with presets to get this final look.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the quick response! I really love this series. These could be fantastic as box art if the game had any. A different girl per season :love:!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes