Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
from my lack of talent can I ask you a question?

You artists, I mean.

why is it that it often seems to me, both in fan art but especially in game renders, that close-ups are better than full-length images? shouldn't it be the other way around, given how much we are used to scrutinising a face (correspondence between general expression and eyes and a thousand other correspondences that we automatically look for)?

thanks

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OutOfAshes

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
from my lack of talent can I ask you a question?

You artists, I mean.

why is it that it often seems to me, both in fan art but especially in game renders, that close-ups are better than full-length images? shouldn't it be the other way around, given how much we are used to scrutinising a face (correspondence between general expression and eyes and a thousand other correspondences that we automatically look for)?

thanks
i for myself like Closeups more while you can point the viewers Focus on the Beauty Eyes :unsure:

Reactions: westedendkid

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i for myself like Closeups more while you can point the viewers Focus on the Beauty Eyes :unsure:
maybe you're right. certainly a good portrait strikes us more than a good full figure

but instinctively I would say that it should be the opposite, unconsciously when we look at a face we evaluate many things, many more than those we notice when we see a whole figure (and I'm not just referring to tits and ass...).

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
maybe you're right. certainly a good portrait strikes us more than a good full figure

but instinctively I would say that it should be the opposite, unconsciously when we look at a face we evaluate many things, many more than those we notice when we see a whole figure (and I'm not just referring to tits and ass...).
yeah i agree with you but maybe this is exactly the point why closeups looking better ?
on a full body shot you have more to look on
and on a closeup you have to concentrate on a smaller view

Reactions: laliandra
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes