Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Magnificent! in fact i said this because i wanted somone else to do it :WeSmart:
The hardest part I had in mind was about regrouping the images together and so using photoshop or something like that. Did you have to do it this way? Or is there some kind of magic tool in daz3d?
Also, thank you for no nudes! (I'm more of a luxury outfit/lingerie guy but sometimes some booba are good though :BootyTime: )
Splicing together 3 images in photoshop is probably the quickest and simplest way. Another fairly straightforward way is to replace the mirrors with actual renderings/images (i.e. like a painting on a wall). You render the image you want for each "mirror" and place them in your final scene.

†ElAmigo†

Oct 21, 2021
Splicing together 3 images in photoshop is probably the quickest and simplest way. Another fairly straightforward way is to replace the mirrors with actual renderings/images (i.e. like a painting on a wall). You render the image you want for each "mirror" and place them in your final scene.
To be honest, the few times I tried photoshop (or gimp), I thought it was too much work for 1 scene that I decided not to continue. I mean, I really have hard time with lightining as I'm never satisfied, either it's too bright, too dark, not natural, etc. So I prefer not using it and focus on things I enjoy doing!

-------------

And here is the final date! We go right to the point, no unecessary talk (like weather, who the hell speaks about weather?). I had a little problem with the hair, so if you think it's a little bit too "high", you're right... I know it's not very lore friendly, but when I see some of your renders, it looks like nobody cares about it, so LET'S GO!

"Does he really think he can handle me? I'm gonna show him who rules!"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
To be honest, the few times I tried photoshop (or gimp), I thought it was too much work for 1 scene that I decided not to continue. I mean, I really have hard time with lightining as I'm never satisfied, either it's too bright, too dark, not natural, etc. So I prefer not using it and focus on things I enjoy doing!

-------------

And here is the final date! We go right to the point, no unecessary talk (like weather, who the hell speaks about weather?). I had a little problem with the hair, so if you think it's a little bit too "high", you're right... I know it's not very lore friendly, but when I see some of your renders, it looks like nobody cares about it, so LET'S GO!

"Does he really think he can handle me? I'm gonna show him who rules!"

If you aren't familiar/comfortable with image editing tools, then yes, it can take some time to accomplish any task. A lot of learning to do and trial and error. And if you don't enjoy that part of the work, it isn't worth spending your hobby time on it.

That said, something like the 3 mirrors trick can be done as quickly as 1 minute's worth of work once one is familiar with a tool like photoshop/gimp. (It can take more time if you start getting overlap between what you want to keep in different images)

1. Make 3 full renders
2. Take render 1 and trim out everything but the left mirror (leaving transparency where the rest of the image had been). jill left s.png
3. Take render 2 and trim out everything but the right mirror.
jill right s.png
4. Open render 3.
jill center s.png
5. Stack the 3 images on top of one another.
jill final s.png
6. Save the finished combination.

[Apologies for butchering up your image Dabigoh , hope you don't mind]

†ElAmigo†

Oct 21, 2021
If you aren't familiar/comfortable with image editing tools, then yes, it can take some time to accomplish any task. A lot of learning to do and trial and error. And if you don't enjoy that part of the work, it isn't worth spending your hobby time on it.

That said, something like the 3 mirrors trick can be done as quickly as 1 minute's worth of work once one is familiar with a tool like photoshop/gimp. (It can take more time if you start getting overlap between what you want to keep in different images)
Oh nice! I didn't think it that way (remember when i wrote that i'm a genius :Kappa:). Thank you!

Reactions: redle

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
I don't mind at all. I wouldn't be where I am today without the guidance and explanations of people like yourself. (Not saying I'm anywhere impressive, but it's a hell of lot farther than I was when I joined the community.)

Your explanation was pretty close to what I actually did. I used layer masks to make parts of the images transparent, but cropping them down would have worked just as well.

The only challenging part was where her elbow cut into the mirror on the right.

Reactions: redle

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I don't mind at all. I wouldn't be where I am today without the guidance and explanations of people like yourself. (Not saying I'm anywhere impressive, but it's a hell of lot farther than I was when I joined the community.)

Your explanation was pretty close to what I actually did. I used layer masks to make parts of the images transparent, but cropping them down would have worked just as well.

The only challenging part was where her elbow cut into the mirror on the right.
Yeah, layer masks, cropping, or copy-pasting portions all can be used to reach the end result. Layer masks can make it a little easier to repair/change mistakes while editing, but for people that don't photoshop much it can seem a bit more scary (a technique they aren't necessarily familiar with, whereas simply cutting out a part seems straight forward).

As for the elbow, I did notice it when I was doing the editing. Looks like you feathered the edge transition a bit too wide. The original images might have had some slight color variations that made a hard-line really apparent. If that's the case, then you need some feathering or some other work to blend them together. Otherwise you can make the mask a hard cut from white to black with no transition zone.

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
this going to sound insane and considering your images are in Png format instead of a gif format I dont know why its happening.
I refreshed this page 6 times and each time there was a different image popping up in the background of your pictures first it was Chris Hansen then it was a black guy then it was Nick Cage. I thought it was due to some April Fools thing but its about a day and half early for that. Oh well maybe its just because I just woke up.
I had the same thing happen to me on a different thread except that the pictures were John Cena.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes