Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Does anyone know what hair asset Derek uses?

Edit: It has been answered.
Care to share the answer? I have searched these forums and I haven't found a thing except renders by people who don't share what they have found and me and another person who both asked what the assets were and never got an answer.

I noted that others done renders of him with the correct hair, but they seem to guard what the assets are like it's a big secret.

If it was answered, at least share a link to the post where it was answered because I have spent an hour searching these forums... and it was not answered, at all.

I would like to know which asset Derek is (I think I may have a clue as to who), and the hair (I found something that was close, but not it).

Kalmint

Feb 5, 2021
Care to share the answer? I have searched these forums and I haven't found a thing except renders by people who don't share what they have found and me and another person who both asked what the assets were and never got an answer.

I noted that others done renders of him with the correct hair, but they seem to guard what the assets are like it's a big secret.

If it was answered, at least share a link to the post where it was answered because I have spent an hour searching these forums... and it was not answered, at all.

I would like to know which asset Derek is (I think I may have a clue as to who), and the hair (I found something that was close, but not it).
Instead of posting this, DM me for it next time, it is how I simply got the answer for it.

Edit: From what I remember, Derek uses the generic gen 8 model

Last edited:

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
Instead of posting this, DM me for it next time, it is how I simply got the answer for it.
Out of curiosity, why not share the name of the asset with everyone instead of require people to DM you for the details?

I'm not judging, just confused why it's okay to share some assets but not others. I thought the purpose of this forum was to share assets to assist people in making their own fan art. If there's a good reason for not sharing it openly, I'd like to know so that I don't violate some rule that I'm unaware of.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Kalmint

Feb 5, 2021
Out of curiosity, why not share the name of the asset with everyone instead of require people to DM you for the details?

I'm not judging, just confused why it's okay to share some assets but not others. I thought the purpose of this forum was to share assets to assist people in making their own fan art. If there's a good reason for not sharing it openly, I'd like to know so that I don't violate some rule that I'm unaware of.
Originally did it because I don't want to clutter this thread up with discussions that aren't fanart content . I have no problem sharing it openly.

And it's been a while since I even posted that original message (which was over a year ago) that keeps getting quoted on recently out of nowhere, so pardon me if I don't have the asset name off the top of my head.

Many people have posted Derek content before so I'm not sure why I am the only one getting bugged on about this.

I am busy and when I have time, I will either find it, post it here or you can dm me or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herorise09

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Edit: From what I remember, Derek uses the generic gen 8 model
Yeah, I figured that he was the generic Genesis model, I thought it was 3 (does look like 3 as well) but with a different skin (eyebrow color is too light on Gen3). The hair has eluded me. I thought it was Tousled Hair, and that looks similar, but it isn't that. I searched these forums for "Derek", read most posts (took over an hour), and seen good renders, but nobody sharing the info. I searched for the hair on Daz3D as well as here but no luck on that.

I don't understand why people just don't share what they find in here? When I discover assets I always share what I find, often with example renders, it's not difficult. This is a fan art forum, so it is okay to share the assets.

Anyhow, I'm off to find that hair (again), now that i know he is definitely a Genesis 8 male (booted up Daz Studio to be certain), that actually really helps me in pointing in the right direction anyhow.

If and when I find the correct assets, I will be certain to post what they are here (with links etc)...

Last edited:
Reactions: rp91 and Dabigoh

Kalmint

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah, I figured that he was the generic Genesis model, I thought it was 3 (does look like 3 as well) but with a different skin (eyebrow color is too light on Gen3). The hair has eluded me. I thought it was Tousled Hair, and that looks similar, but it isn't that. I searched these forums for "Derek", read most posts (took over an hour), and seen good renders, but nobody sharing the info. I searched for the hair on Daz3D as well as here but no luck on that.

I don't understand why people just don't share what they find in here? When I discover assets I always share what I find, often with example renders, it's not difficult. This is a fan art forum, so it is okay to share the assets.

Anyhow, I'm off to find that hair (again), now that i know he is definitely a Genesis 8 male (booted up Daz Studio to be certain), that actually really helps me in pointing in the right direction anyhow.

If and when I find the correct assets, I will be certain to post what they are here (with links etc)...
Read what I posted earlier to another message about sharing assets, since that went over your head.

On a sidenote, it is a fact that most characters are based on gen 8 in this game.

Reactions: Herorise09

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
#Derek

Character Asset: Basic, Genesis 8 Male.
Hair:

BaDIK - Derek.png

Note: I hate the Short Cropped Hair asset. It slows down my system like crazy, not sure why. But anyhow, this is what I have discovered (I had to search three different websites to find it, sheesh). And you'll NEVER find this hair if you search for Genesis 8 hair. This is why you share the asset info you find in here, to save people from wild goose chases (I spent time searching for G8M hair = waste of time).

Kalmint

Feb 5, 2021
#Derek

Character Asset: Basic, Genesis 8 Male.
Hair:

View attachment 1740278

Note: I hate the Short Cropped Hair asset. It slows down my system like crazy, not sure why. But anyhow, this is what I have discovered (I had to search three different websites to find it, sheesh). And you'll NEVER find this hair if you search for Genesis 8 hair. This is why you share the asset info you find in here, to save people from wild goose chases (I spent time searching for G8M hair = waste of time).
Well there you go.

You would not find this hair to be G8 Model because it is a g3 model that was auto fit with a g8 model. If it took you a while to find hair assets for males, then comprehend how hard it takes to find hairstyles for women. People are free to share whatever they want or not, that is up to them, and it is foolish to expect someone would remember the asset of something a year ago that they found out off the top of the head.

There is also a DAz3d community discord where people can assist you on knowing what the asset is from an image. Give that a shot next time.
You are welcome btw. Not difficult to say thanks, as I assisted you in finding the char asset, pointing you in the right direction that he is a basic gen 8 model.

Protip: Mainly DAZ3d and Renderosity are two major sites where search should be established from.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes