Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Thank you. I will upload more as I work on skills and add new assets. Unfortunately, I don't have the most modern and powerful hardware.
If i might make one suggestion, add a camera if you didn't already, then switch to it in the perspective view, and in the parameters tab turn the headlamp off. and try rendering it again and see if you notice a difference.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Has anyone here tried the Octane render engine for Daz? Apparently it's what DPC uses.
at 20 Euros a month just to rent the render engine, that takes commitment from a professional. That's why I hate the "subscription" mentality that has become the norm. I may spend two months doing layout and writing, then do renders. Well, I would have to pay for the rendering engine while I wasn't using it. I used to own a copy of Photoshop (legal and all!) but only used it 3-4 times a year. Now I'd have to pay all year long just to use it occasionally. I use GIMP instead - free. Until I make the money that Ocean makes, I'm going to use the included render engine in Daz and Blender

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
at 20 Euros a month just to rent the render engine, that takes commitment from a professional. That's why I hate the "subscription" mentality that has become the norm. I may spend two months doing layout and writing, then do renders. Well, I would have to pay for the rendering engine while I wasn't using it. I used to own a copy of Photoshop (legal and all!) but only used it 3-4 times a year. Now I'd have to pay all year long just to use it occasionally. I use GIMP instead - free. Until I make the money that Ocean makes, I'm going to use the included render engine in Daz and Blender
I didn't realise you had to pay monthly to use the render engine, I knew you had to sign up to get access to it, and to be honest I didn't look into it too much more once I knew you had to join their site. Really, the faster render times is beneficial only for VN creators, because the time it takes to manually convert all the textures negates the faster render speeds for my situation anyway.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I didn't realise you had to pay monthly to use the render engine, I knew you had to sign up to get access to it, and to be honest I didn't look into it too much more once I knew you had to join their site. Really, the faster render times is beneficial only for VN creators, because the time it takes to manually convert all the textures negates the faster render speeds for my situation anyway.
Yeah, it's one of those "if you need it, you'll pay it" kind of things. I don't need it, so I'm not paying it :LOL:. I also don't have a $12,000-15,000 USD rendering setup like some of these professionals do.

Reactions: Pillock

7thOmen

Mar 10, 2023
Can someone help a blind man out? Ten plus years of Daz and I somehow missed the B&R Dik jacket. Is it possible that one of you great people can point me in the direction of that asset? I did not see it in the asset list from earlier in the thread. Thanks in advance.

7thOmen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Can someone help a blind man out? Ten plus years of Daz and I somehow missed the B&R Dik jacket. Is it possible that one of you great people can point me in the direction of that asset? I did not see it in the asset list from earlier in the thread. Thanks in advance.

7thOmen

Reactions: Scopelophila
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes