Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
I honestly still don't know which one caused the problems. I moved my "\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" onto a backup drive, emptying that folder and then replacing the morphs that were needed as I loaded up characters, and checking for problems. I haven't had the issue again, but I am uncertain which morphs did it initially. I have a list of morphs which I noticed are what I call "virus morphs" that attach to all G8F's. When I get a missing morph, I check my list, if it is one of the virus morphs, I don't bother loading it, but ignore it, load the character and then resave the character again so it no longer has that requirement.

This is my notes I refer to on which morphs to ignore now...

The Analeine.dsf being the absolute worst! I uninstalled that character completely. I haven't replaced the rest listed here either, and won't. It's probably a good idea to double check for ANYTHING from any of these developers.

The main problems I had with G8F was in the eyes. Closing them was always messed up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leia morphs were the problem. I may just test that out sometime as someone else pointed out to me that she was required on a scene subset I created that used the Genesis 8 base female (for the office wife), which is rare, but good as it showed that was definitely a virus morph as NO character models were used, just the base. I may reload that one and see if it messes up the eyes again and if so, I can report back to you guys what to avoid. If I discover what it was, I will certainly share that information.
Thanks, I read in an earlier post that you've been doing this, re-installing your G8F data. I've been doing the same, except I've gone one or three steps further, backing up my textures and all the libraries too and slowly moving things back that I need and want.
I had way too much bloat, too many morphs loading with every character. So now I'm trying to make better use of multiple libraries. For instance at the start, while trying to re-create the BADIK characters, I'd be installing everything into my main library while testing, instead of a 2nd or 3rd library, which can simply be deleted afterwards.

What was the issue with Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf because I've got the same morphs installed and haven't noticed anything wrong.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Jill: You have completely disregarded all sorts of boundaries !!!
Whoa. Pot/Kettle much? Goddamn.

A lovely joke.. once again plagued by a typo. Tuition. But damn funny. My first mental image, oddly enough, was exactly this:
YES! I can't tell you how much I played this shit on my old 4.77Mhz XT (with expensive CGA adapter card) back in the day.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes