Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

boobslover88

May 19, 2017
Working on my Lightening skills. My biggest Challenge with DAZ
Here some results shared with you

Lily without Bloom
View attachment 2869452

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lily new hairstyle (like it :p) but still "blond"
View attachment 2869436

And some Jill-Tremolo Poolhouse romance and a Josy Sara Threesome

View attachment 2869439

View attachment 2869438
Not gonna lie, Sarah expression is really throwing me off.

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
Working on my Lightening skills. My biggest Challenge with DAZ
Here some results shared with you

Lily without Bloom
View attachment 2869452

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lily new hairstyle (like it :p) but still "blond"
View attachment 2869436

And some Jill-Tremolo Poolhouse romance and a Josy Sara Threesome

View attachment 2869439

View attachment 2869438
If I may:
I'm really no expert, and lighting is something I've struggled a lot myself with. but here's my 2 cents from what I've learned.
Your scenes are too bright. Sarah's right shoulder is burnt (essentially white), and you can see a mix of white and yellow lights in the scene.
I'm not sure how light works in Daz (I find it bad, much prefer Blender!) but I would reduce the environment light. make it all a bit darker and add more contrasts (look around you in real life, even a well lit room as some darker areas).
for example, I feel like your swimming pool scene should be much darker in the background. it would also make the neon signs pop! consider adding some depth of field, always works wonders (but not too much, don't overdo it).
I assume you use 3 point lighting? if not, go google.
use softer lights (again, not sure how in Daz, but i'm sure some people here can help you), and set them up in complete darkness to get the skin looking just right, and only then add environment lights, then adjust everything accordingly.
I also like adding a tiny bit of volumetric fog (but like a ridiculously low amount, unless i want an actual foggy scene) but that's just my personal taste.
and then of course, post processing (photoshop, gimp) perform actual miracles, with just a few sliders!

the post above yours from Pillock is actually a perfect example. Compare Quinn's skin in his render to the skins in yours. see what I mean?

keep it up man, your art is looking nice!

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
If I may:
I'm really no expert, and lighting is something I've struggled a lot myself with. but here's my 2 cents from what I've learned.
Your scenes are too bright. Sarah's right shoulder is burnt (essentially white), and you can see a mix of white and yellow lights in the scene.
I'm not sure how light works in Daz (I find it bad, much prefer Blender!) but I would reduce the environment light. make it all a bit darker and add more contrasts (look around you in real life, even a well lit room as some darker areas).
for example, I feel like your swimming pool scene should be much darker in the background. it would also make the neon signs pop! consider adding some depth of field, always works wonders (but not too much, don't overdo it).
I assume you use 3 point lighting? if not, go google.
use softer lights (again, not sure how in Daz, but i'm sure some people here can help you), and set them up in complete darkness to get the skin looking just right, and only then add environment lights, then adjust everything accordingly.
I also like adding a tiny bit of volumetric fog (but like a ridiculously low amount, unless i want an actual foggy scene) but that's just my personal taste.
and then of course, post processing (photoshop, gimp) perform actual miracles, with just a few sliders!

the post above yours from Pillock is actually a perfect example. Compare Quinn's skin in his render to the skins in yours. see what I mean?

keep it up man, your art is looking nice!
Ohhhh Yes. Sure you can. The reason why i wrote that i work on my lightening skills was exactly to catch feedbacks :D

The point is that i get always different results. depends on enviroment. Sometimes pretty good, sometimes, as you said to bright. And the skin looks like a white paper :) I delete many times the given tonemapper and evironment and start from zero. mostly the given lights are to bright.

Thank You for your feedback. I will keep up training, reading, watching etc......

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes