Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
My PC said that this is enough, still, 5 characters at once is a new record.
huh? you must run on a potato PC. my rig is a piece of trash, and I've made renders with 9 characters, in a much more complex environment. I work on Blender, maybe Cycles is better at handling this shit. but 5 characters feels low...

that only makes your work more impressive tbh, I know what it's like to try and do light play when previewing on a toaster...

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
huh? you must run on a potato PC. my rig is a piece of trash, and I've made renders with 9 characters, in a much more complex environment. I work on Blender, maybe Cycles is better at handling this shit. but 5 characters feels low...

that only makes your work more impressive tbh, I know what it's like to try and do light play when previewing on a toaster...
It's DAZ and soviet era potato is GTX 1060 6Gb, Iray is much more raping GPU than Cycles. Saw the works created in Cycles, my friend works in this, and I prefer the lighting created by Iray, plus I don’t want to suffer with the DAZ to Blender bridge, heard about many horrors with it.

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
It's DAZ and soviet era potato is GTX 1060 6Gb, Iray is much more raping GPU than Cycles. Saw the works created in Cycles, my friend works in this, and I prefer the lighting created by Iray, plus I don’t want to suffer with the DAZ to Blender bridge, heard about many horrors with it.
I use diffeo, and yes, it's a bit of a nightmare sometimes, but it works.
I'm also on a 1060 gb, I feel your pain bro! I really admire your lighting even more now that I know that. keep it up man (y)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'm also on a 1060 gb, I feel your pain bro! I really admire your lighting even more now that I know that. keep it up man (y)
Yeah, I’m surprised that it worked out at all and I thought about doing it first in two renders, then gluing it together in Ps. Probably because some of the characters here are Genesis 3 models, they are not as resource intensive as Gen8

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TREXrg and The Dick

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I used to do it on a 1050 with 4G of VRAM... talk about painful... the most I could do was two characters, and even then, I would often have to hide anything in the scene that wasn't visible, and even lower the texture resolution.

Good times... I learned a lot back then, so, sorta glad it happened. The next video card I grabbed was the 3060 and I made certain I had 12G of VRAM so I could fit it all in! heheh...

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
I used to do it on a 1050 with 4G of VRAM... talk about painful... the most I could do was two characters, and even then, I would often have to hide anything in the scene that wasn't visible, and even lower the texture resolution.

Good times... I learned a lot back then, so, sorta glad it happened. The next video card I grabbed was the 3060 and I made certain I had 12G of VRAM so I could fit it all in! heheh...
Absolutely, working lights and volumes is a pain, but I have learnt a lot about ressource optimization, etc. I'm looking forward to having the spare money to throw into a new rig myself!

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Since EP10 release, you guys been head-over-heels for this new sage hairstyle...

(Not criticizing, just pointing out it's been on almost every single Sage fan-art since ep10's been out...)

Reactions: Gelenvagena_Briu

miamid99

Nov 4, 2019
Since EP10 release, you guys been head-over-heels for this new sage hairstyle...

(Not criticizing, just pointing out it's been on almost every single Sage fan-art since ep10's been out...)
Guilty! Always had a thing for Sage, but never really worked with her model. This hairstyle made me wanna try it! There's just something about it...

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019

I can't say I'm a fan of it. I'm glad it was only temporary in the episode, same goes for Maya's.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes