Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I decided to share my Karen scene subset as this is about as good as I feel like doing for now. She looks pretty close...

Karen assets:
Body, Head & Skin: Cailin for Victoria 7
Hair: Loose Pigtails Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
Glasses: Nerdy Girl Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) + Textures

And she's Genesis 3 so she'll have the NGV7 genitals on her. (Edit: this uses NGV7, but you can delete them and use NGV8)

Halloween Outfit (Not required for this scene subset):

The scene subset, requires the listed assets of course...
View attachment 2501815

View attachment 2501813
I updated my asset listing for Karen (G3F) to include the asset for her Halloween outfit. It is not required for her scene subset, but if someone wants it, it is listed there now. It is .

I tried doing a quick render of Karen with the outfit on but Daz kept crashing on me, not sure what is causing the crash, but just so you know. Save your work before you try to render.

Reactions: Jumbi and Valarcho

Tjure

Feb 24, 2022
I tried doing a quick render of Karen with the outfit on but Daz kept crashing on me, not sure what is causing the crash, but just so you know. Save your work before you try to render.
Do you have the DAZ version 4.22? Then the hair makes you crash. The old OOT hair got problems with the new DAZ version.
The hair is updated in the official store but not eh.. somewhere else. :LOL:
There is a workaround. It's quite annoying because i always forget it and after posing for let's say 50 hours or let it be 100 hours :ROFLMAO: i push the render button and crash!
Oh, right, the workaround, please watch this video:

Reactions: TREXrg

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Do you have the DAZ version 4.22? Then the hair makes you crash. The old OOT hair got problems with the new DAZ version.
The hair is updated in the official store but not eh.. somewhere else. :LOL:
There is a workaround. It's quite annoying because i always forget it and after posing for let's say 50 hours or let it be 100 hours :ROFLMAO: i push the render button and crash!
Oh, right, the workaround, please watch this video:
I tried that but didn't seem to fix it. I may check again as her hair is OOT hair which has that problem. I probably missed something. I always save before I render though, JUST to be safe. ;)

Update: Yeah, somehow I missed setting that texture to NONE (for transmitted colour) on her... fixed it and done a quick little render of Karen in her outfit. Note about the head part of this outfit, you really need to mess with it so the hair doesn't poke through. I just rendered from a different angle so you don't see it in this. :)

Karen (G3F) In Costume.png

Again, her halloween outfit was .

Last edited:

MADmonkeysw

Aug 30, 2021
to fix the issue for OOT Hair you have to do this

Having a map assigned to Transmitted Color was incorrect so removing the maps is a basic solution

Load the hair into the scene

Select the hair in the Scene pane

Go to the Surfaces pane > select the hair in the Editor tab

Enter "transm" into the text box at the top of the Surfaces pane

Remove any map from the "Transmitted Color" property by clicking the button to the left of the color picker.

You can then try rendering the hair after and see if that fixes the issue

it worked for me

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes