Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
You come a long way men and hope your wife fully recovers (y)
She's recovering well, overall, she's been clean/cancer-free on her last few checkups.
Just the Hormonal therapy that lasts 5 years does take it's tall every Friday. Since she treats another thing alongside this, but no reason to get into that tbh.

But thanks for caring, she's doing ok(as one can in such a situation)

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
She's recovering well, overall, she's been clean/cancer-free on her last few checkups.
Just the Hormonal therapy that lasts 5 years does take it's tall every Friday. Since she treats another thing alongside this, but no reason to get into that tbh.

But thanks for caring, she's doing ok(as one can in such a situation)
Can't imagine what that like, take care

Pillower

May 21, 2019
I've been closely looking at Maya's eyes in game to figure out exactly what asset he's using, and I think I've come to conclusion it is in fact:

The reason I think this is because there's a couple of renders in game that show a closeup of Maya's eyes that have very unique flecks of brown inside the blue of the iris that I can only match to the P3D product.

04-p3d-realistic-eye-resource-for-genesis-3-females-daz3d.jpg

bellaisdabest

Jan 9, 2022
I've been closely looking at Maya's eyes in game to figure out exactly what asset he's using, and I think I've come to conclusion it is in fact:

The reason I think this is because there's a couple of renders in game that show a closeup of Maya's eyes that have very unique flecks of brown inside the blue of the iris that I can only match to the P3D product.

View attachment 3680850
this ngga works for CIA

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
First of all, I would like to thank Glorious Lime for his kind words. :giggle: He also summarized my situation accurately.

As most of you know, I am preparing the visuals for the game called Shale Hill Secrets at the studio called Love-Joint. Apart from this, I prepare some of the promotional renders for The Seven Realms. There are also occasional commissions from other developers. Besides all this, I am trying to keep my own Patreon page alive and doing my patron's commissions. The problem is that this is my real profession. So, I need to make money and pay my bills while doing my thing.

Let me tell you this honestly; If it is not a paid commission, creating fanart with visual novel characters costs me money and time. Unfortunately, in today's conditions and this high cost of living, I do not have the strength to handle this. And I consider most of the developers who entrusted me with their characters back then as my friends. That's why I don't accept commissions with their characters. But there are also games for which I accept commissions. :devilish:

As a few of you have noticed, I share the originals of my works(4K/8K) on my Patreon and Subscribestar pages, and the low-resolution versions only on the DAZ art thread, twitter, bluesky, deviantart and my own discord server. I also decided that it made more sense to focus more on video game characters. Because these characters have hundreds of thousands of fans and they attract more attention.

I wish I could only work on the things I want. But there is a reality called "LIFE" and making money is necessary to survive. Believe me, even your smallest support helps me and motivates me to continue my work.

By the way, I can't help but mention it. Lockhear's quality and style are great. HGR also has nice and humorous renders. There are a few more artists like them and I believe their future can be quite bright.

It's also very kind of people like Night Hacker to help the new artists. Because after a point, constantly searching for assets and editing models while making fan art starts to overwhelm you.
Indeed and very well put. It was easy to deduce since I'm personally unable to keep hobbies, since they always amount to larger projects that end up in me delegating to others, so I can just do the PR stuff. Being good at something is a curse, something that people rarely think of.

Overall, keep up the great work.
And hell, thank you for indulging my periodic questions on improvment :D

Also I agree about Night Hacker, I wouldn't be doing this myself if it wasn't for him to make my own start easier. While I have modified NH's models since I started, they are an amazing base for any new artist to start. Same goes for OutOfAshes who I aksed for hints and help when I started. People in this thread are great and are always there to help.

And I believe that the new generation of Daz enthusiasts will be great for sure in time. While he is my close friend and this can come off as representing my homie, Geralt From Rivia was in turn inspired by me, and now he's better than me when it comes to lighting for example, so we push each other.

Overall, the future is bright.
In a year, I believe we will reach new heights with fan arts with all the new interested people learning it.
Thank you guys for everything you do here. Before I started doing DAZ art a year ago, I watched this entire thread from beginning to end and DIK as the VN that inspires me the most because of the characters, it was this game that pushed me to do this.
Mr.Vargas, Coriolan, Dumitas, Yuno Gasai, you guys are at the origins of this thread and have inspired quite amount of people with your incredible quality work. Night Hacker is without a doubt the best of us as a person, and thanks to him, I and many other beginners were able to quickly start working with characters without hundreds of hours trying to recreate (on the other hand, it drove us into the comfort zone of "to hell with mofring if there are ready-made models" and now I have to catch up:D)
But still, this had its effects and in 2023 the thread was incredibly active with new artists. All of this thanks to NH.
The Glorious LIME showed here that art may not necessarily be lewd scenes as many do, or aesthetic; but also damn fun. You were my main inspiration, buddy. HGR and his incredible crossovers also left an impression and spawned dozens of new ideas, which is why I consider it a second source of inspiration. And of course, thanks to Lockhear for blowing this place up once a month. Love you. :love:
There is nothing wrong with starting to make money from this, btw. We are on a pirate site and of course some people here frown when they hear the word “pay”, but this is the reality, if someone does this on a regular basis, then he needs to live on something. This is life, this is how the world works and this is fine(y)

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Damn, Bella is really getting into this college life thing...
Interesting animations. What programs did you use to create them? Maybe some kind of AI? I tried animation in DAS myself. The animation was pretty basic, but it takes a hell of a lot of time to create even a short 10 sec clip - roughly 240 renders, which if larger than 640x480 px take forever.
And second question- how did you manage to upload the clips? I wasn't allowed to upload videos to the forum.

Magatron

Feb 1, 2020
Interesting animations. What programs did you use to create them? Maybe some kind of AI? I tried animation in DAS myself. The animation was pretty basic, but it takes a hell of a lot of time to create even a short 10 sec clip - roughly 240 renders, which if larger than 640x480 px take forever.
And second question- how did you manage to upload the clips? I wasn't allowed to upload videos to the forum.
thanks!

program: VAM (Virt-a-mate)...it runs of the Unity engine in real time

as far as the upload, I just made sure it was under 10MB and dragged it into the text field...

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes