Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Quinn.png

I really don't like doing portraits...

On the other hand, every other idea I had for a full body painting just fell flat.

What really sucks in my case though, is that Quinn has very defined facial features, which means a single wrong line can fuck up the entire thing.
So, I cheated by deliberately blurring and toning down the more defining parts of her face - ensuring myself for most mistakes I could make in the long run.

What I ended up with is something that sort of looks like Quinn, but not really.

TL;DR: Quinn is really difficult to paint. :HideThePain:

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
You are overly critical you paint monster you! :p:giggle: I think its amazing.
Never felt 100% happy with any of my paintings.
I can be somewhat pleased with my work in the moment, but a few days or a week later my perception of it can shift drastically.

Even so, thank you! <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr Krieger

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Never felt 100% happy with any of my paintings.
I can be somewhat pleased with my work in the moment, but a few days or a week later my perception of it can shift drastically.
That is probably normal with artists, in retrospect you always find things that could have been done differently (not necessarily better). It's also not that bad to never really be 100% satisfied with your own art, because that is ultimately the motivating factor to develop and surpass yourself.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018

On the other hand, every other idea I had for a full body painting just fell flat.

What really sucks in my case though, is that Quinn has very defined facial features, which means a single wrong line can fuck up the entire thing.
So, I cheated by deliberately blurring and toning down the more defining parts of her face - ensuring myself for most mistakes I could make in the long run.

What I ended up with is something that sort of looks like Quinn, but not really.

Nope, this is absolutely astounding and I demand it be accepted as such. Amazing work and a great tribute.

• Red Heart
Reactions: flippityflop

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017

parks-and-rec-parks-and-recreation.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: flippityflop
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes