UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I think what happened is this... Maybe DPC was planning to do the Halloween last update (or not), but, anyway, I think he plans to release the Halloween update on Halloween (at least, it makes sense to me). If he didn't release the Interlude, it would be about an year without an update, so he released it as an excuse that there was "something" (even if this "something" actually was nothing) during that year of drought...
I think you're giving him far too much planning and timing credit.
A better plan would have been to work on the update and finish it without wasting time on Zoey and the interlude bullshit, then release it on Halloween, and use the extra time he didn't waste on the next update instead, thereby leaving Zoey in fucking California where she belongs.

Thuviel

Dec 21, 2021
Hi!
I played the first season a long time ago.
I thought I'd bring it up again, but I have a few questions:
1. what is the difference between this version and the GOG version?
(I'm a bit afraid that the official site might have taken something out of the game)
2. if I understand correctly, is there an ingame guide already in the game?
3. is there by any chance a torrent version? 20GB is quite a lot
4. is it worth being a DIK?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry if some questions already have answers, I can't look through 10K pages.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Hi!
(I'm a bit afraid that the official site might have taken something out of the game)

Thanks in advance!
Sorry if some questions already have answers, I can't look through 10K pages.
1. Some of music has been changed since you last played. and of course by playing this version you are hurting DPC's business
2. There are guides under the "Extras" tab on the first page
3. There is a torrent for the Interlude, but if there is one for the main game idk if you will find it here
4. "You're god damn right!"

Aug 30, 2021
Zoey's story, in a nutshell is like this: she's bored of her life, so she decided to use the money of an heritance to travel to San Diego to live there. In San Diego she meets some people and some things happens to her... that she doesn't find interesting enough to continue living there. So she gets bored again and returns home...

So, if even Zoey got bored of her story in San Diego... Why DPC thought that the players would find that story interesting enough for a full update? I'm really curious about it.
Not at all what happened. Look, if you're looking for a game to fap to, this might not be the one for you.

Reactions: shazba

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hi!
The Patreon version and GOG version should be the same (I *think*), or it may be the same as the Steam version, I forget what the breakdown is. In essence, it's the same game, but one of the versions has incompatible save files, which is why the Interlude has a toggle on the Import screen, so you can select which version you were using before.
I'm told that's true, I've never seen it/used it.
There is, but the mods keep deleting the links to it whenever I share it publicly. Drop me a private message and I'll hook you up.
Oh, most definitely.

Reactions: Thuviel

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
When the hell is the update coming with Episode 9? Still wondering why in the actual fuck after the 44 different chics the mc has, still & all on deck to add to the list of hot chics fucked with so far, what the fuck would we ever want to suddenly have this cunt Zoey even be brought into the mix and damn sure waste valuable time to see what she has or hasn't been doin in where we straight up don't fuckin care?!?!?! As soon as I can I will make her stupid ass get kidnapped or she decides to run away and we never see that waste of time again..... That whole idea came outta left field and it is almost as equally as bad as the dumbest thing that pisses me off more than any other bs and that is just gonna be put into a question.....WHY IN THE FUCK AM I HAVING TO PAY THE STUPID WHORES AGAIN AFTER I HAVE FUCKED EVERY SINGLE ONE FOR FREE AND MORE THAN ONCE?!?! At the start I get it but these hoes are all in love with the cock and all should be paying me to fuck them .... It is way past time for the MC to just fuck whoever and it is far past frustrating when You get asked this and out of nowhere since I can't recall being asked for awhile. It is ridiculous especially when at this point the MC has fucked many of the HOT's multiple times and has fucked almost every HOT, EXCEPT CRAZY ARIETH and Heather but that is gonna change very soon with Her and damn sure not have to pay I hope so anyway! She has to cuck Tommy, & it is already an easy set up. All I know is I haven't been asked to pay the strippers so why in fucks name would I want to waste money with a HOT WHORE? NO THANKS, I will just call my boo Nicole and also Lily or Sandy. Also if I am playing the Massive DIK Path why has my Dude more and more start acting like a little bitch like when he does with Sage..... I dont wanna be your rebound guy, WTF and If I AM A DIK AND HAVE BEEN AT COLLEGE FOR THIS SHORT TIME I WOULD NEVER BE NARROWING DOWN ALL THE PUSSY I HAVE BEEN GETTING AND THE POTENTIAL TO LIVE IT UP, WHY IN THE FUCK DO I WANT TO PICK 1 AND 1 BITCH TO DO WHAT THE FUCK I CAN DO WITH ALL THE ONES I HAVE SO FAR!!!! STOP FORCING MY MC TO BE A PUSSY BITCH WHO IS A CHICK I AM A DIK AND I WANT TO FUCK ALL NOT ONE
t7r-fan.gif Bella1_N_Only_SIG.gif AAAAAA__USEME___LILY_FW_SIG1.gif

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I MEAN IT HOW LONG IS THIS DAMN PARTY GONNA BE AND JUST HOW MUCH CAN HAPPEN. WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE, FEELS WAY TOO LONG BUT IT HAS ONLY BEEN WELL OVER A YEAR SINCE OUR MC WAS PLANNING A BIG SHITSHOW AND THEN A 3WAY FUCKFEST WITH SAGE AND QUINN! If we would have never had some stupid Zoey bullshit we would be playing ep 9 now I am sure! It's time just give it!
Each time someone whines the next episode is taking too long DPC pushes release date another week.

Thanks Obama

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
DPC clearly thinks the end is in sight; he's ticking down a list of what's left to complete, he's hoping to pose the final animations, and as you say he's organizing the Patreon credits. So I think we really are in the final stages of development, it's just a question of how long that will take, which seems likely to come down to the animation queue.

Currently we seem to be heading for an early-ish December release. We might just be able to hit the end of November if rendering to continues to accelerate and DPC edits tightly, but I don't think that's realistically going to happen. I also don't think late December is likely since I doubt DPC wants to handle a release in the middle of the holidays. So my guess is he'll either push to get it out in the first half of December or release it just after the new year. But those are just guesses.

Did you really miss my wall of text explaining the letdown? :p

To summarize, it mostly comes down to two things: I thought the crossroads was a mess and I don't like where the game seems to be going in Season 3.

On the crossroads, DPC wanted a big decision moment, but he did a lousy job pacing the various paths to get to that point. DPC ducked out of showing the MC formalize things with Maya and Josy because he wanted that moronic 'twist' with the Burkes. So the throuple has effectively been stalled for the whole of Season 2. Sage's path was twisted into a pretzel because DPC had advanced the fuck buddies route too quickly (hence the infamous 'rebound guy' concern coming out of nowhere to cool it off) and hadn't developed the friendship route enough (hence the MC going from zero to 3-out-of-5 in a single party). [Oh, and Sage had to timeshare her only sex scene in Episode 8 with Quinn, which is unconscionable! :mad:] Bella's path would be fine... except that the MC flat out refuses to ask WTF happened to her husband, as though that's a minor concern. Jill's path is the only one that works from a pacing point of view - and that still required slogging through Tybalt's blackmail bullshit so Jill winds up looking like an imbecile.

All of those problems with the crossroad were then magnified by the way the episode ended. First, we get that miserable one-size-fits-all 'twist' where the MC craps his pants because Sage is a Burke. An MC who fucked his new girlfriend's mom and slugged her brother has the same reaction as an MC who realized his friend's mom is his teacher. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I really cannot overemphasize how colossal a mistake that was. You don't force the player to make a (supposedly) huge, long-lasting decision hinging on our past actions and then railroad us into a panic attack that ignores the glaring differences our past actions make to the situation at hand. That one move completely undercut all the good will DPC had built up reflecting our choices in small dialogues or altered scenes, all for a dumb twist plenty of us saw coming a season away. Clearly our decisions don't matter.

Second, we get the return of Zoey, and in particular we get the Interlude. To me this signals that Season 3 isn't going to be about the MC and his chosen girl trying to make a go of the new relationship, it's going to be about the MC second guessing his decision at the crossroads. Sure, at first glance those seem to be two sides of the same coin, but I see it as a matter of emphasis. Zoey doesn't need her own side game if she's just going to be a factor in the MC's new situation, she needs the Interlude if she's going to be the factor in it.

Combine that with the fact Episode 9 is titled 'Vixens,' and it sure seems like DPC expects us as players to be torn up second guessing ourselves. Well, I'm just not. I made my choice ages ago and I've been waiting for the game to catch up; the thought that I'll have to slog through yet another season of limbo to get there is... off-putting. It should be up to us whether the MC second guesses his call at the crossroads - and even if DPC pulls rank and makes the MC sulk again, we need a chance to experience the changes his decision caused before we worry about branches not taken.

Basically, Episode 8 gave me the impression DPC is too invested in the small set pieces at the cost of the overall narrative flow of the game. The set pieces can still be a lot of fun, but they don't build into something larger. They just happen in a vacuum and we shouldn't worry about the convolutions necessary to get to the next piece. DPC won't let us make real choices because he's afraid we'll miss the good bits, and thus he undermines the illusion of choice that makes the game so enjoyable.

My ultimate complaint about Acting Lessons is that it felt like it was less than the sum of its parts; I'd hate to see something similar happen to BaDIK. You are, of course, free to disagree, but that's how I see it right now. I'll still be thrilled to be proven wrong.

See above. And to be clear I still liked Episode 8, it just killed a lot of my enthusiasm for Season 3. I've gone from "I can't wait to see more!" to "...please don't fuck this up." Which has not made the wait for Episode 9 particularly enjoyable.
Honestly, I'm just glad that we're seeing a light at the of this tunnel. Though ... I'd prefer he'd try to rush it for a December release rather than a January release. That just looks so bad. Then it'd be one update for the entirety of 2022 which would be just the Interlude.

You should know by now, I agree with you on ep 8 being a letdown. In fact, I appreciate that there's someone else who wasn't all that satisfied with it but isn't suddenly hating BADIK because of it. There's a lot of overlap with what you said and what I didn't really like about it. It makes me wary for future releases and especially for ep 9. The core issue for me would be what you said about "small set pieces vs overall flow of the narrative". Ep 8 really felt lacking, especially after being the longest we waited for an episode at that point. It's a classic "not seeing the forest for the trees" or more like "being worried about the pebbles on the side of the road, rather than where we're going". Which is circles, btw. We're going in circles.

The different flavor text and mechanics of the game make it fun and feel alive. It'll still be a good game at the end of it but it might end up not living up to its potential. Which for me, makes longer development times less worthwhile. At the very least, the "Others" path is going to be a fucking blast.

However, Ep 9 might put my doubts to rest and Ep 8 could have just been setting up for things down the road.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
When the hell is the update coming with Episode 9? Still wondering why in the actual fuck after the 44 different chics the mc has, still & all on deck to add to the list of hot chics fucked with so far, what the fuck would we ever want to suddenly have this cunt Zoey even be brought into the mix and damn sure waste valuable time to see what she has or hasn't been doin in where we straight up don't fuckin care?!?!?! As soon as I can I will make her stupid ass get kidnapped, hit by a acr, decide to try her hand at tight rope walking and leave for china and be captured and beaten into a sex slave whore for sum yung ding dong and have him snap and snap a hoe's neck. Now we ready to party for Halloween! I MEAN IT HOW LONG IS THIS DAMN PARTY GONNA BE AND JUST HOW MUCH CAN HAPPEN. WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE, FEELS WAY TOO LONG BUT IT HAS ONLY BEEN WELL OVER A YEAR SINCE OUR MC WAS PLANNING A BIG SHITSHOW AND THEN A 3WAY FUCKFEST WITH SAGE AND QUINN! If we would have never had some stupid Zoey bullshit we would be playing ep 9 now I am sure! It's time just give it!
View attachment 2117821 View attachment 2117822 View attachment 2117824
I mean ... you're not entirely wrong. I'd say Zoey's reception (at least on this thread) was mixed. Though just take it easy man. Jeez. You're at a 120% and I need you at a 50%.
Btw, just to make it clear. I don't dislike Zoey but I really don't give a fuck about her. So whether or not the Interlude was important, it didn't mean much to me in terms of either wasting development time or introducing an important character. Still, you're technically right. Objectively speaking, if the Interlude was made shorter and was just a flashback at the beginning of ep 9 then we'd probably have ep 9 by now or at least a few weeks away. Not referring to how important or unimportant it was to fit everything from the Interlude into a small flashback or something because again, I didn't really care about it too much.

Last edited:

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
I honestly don't get all of the hate that the characters Zoey & Madame receive.
Although I don't share these sentiments, I think the general consensus is that Madam feels shoed in in order to justify keeping the VIP pass. Thus taking up development time. That and a lot of people find her unattractive.

As for Zoey, some have argued that despite the Interludes attempts to make us care for Zoey; She still hasn't earned her place in the cast nor does she feel like she can catch up to the characterization that the Main LI's have developed over the last two seasons. Thus making the development time used to making the Interlude feel sorta unjustified and/or forced.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
They don't like Zoey because Interlude delayed Episode 9.
Madame :sick: is just useless and ugly.
I dislike Zoey because her part in the story is done. She's taking away attention and time from vastly superior girls. I mean shit, I think even Maya might be better than her, and that's saying something. The fact that she went and got tit tattoos just reinforces my already significant "what the fuck is she here for" feeling.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
People do not care about Zoey because she was introuced WAY TOO late into the game. Personally when I see bblue hair now I think of life is strange and the worst character in video game history Chloe XD
Zoey was introduced rather early on in the game, some people just weren't paying attention. MC tells Bella all about her and their history together. You're right that a lot of people don't care about her, but she was part of the story well before the Interlude.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes